Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Ah huh. You got some puppets and good voice changing skills? They are going to guess someone is pulling a trick on them if there are only two voices in what would be a crowd of people? What if they say they are part of the group you are pretending to be? What then? My plan, at least, is guaranteed to get some casualties. Your plan relies on luck." Tam crossed her arms angrily, and started to wish she had a cigarette.

Jun 26, 2009
"I am not risking destroying my bike, that is final... Oh... I have an idea... These are Jewels by the look... Oh... Oh this is woonderful!" Jacob looked around for a bit. "Hehehe... I have a plan and it involves not destroying anything, infact it involves me doing soomething I've always wanted to do..." He looked down the hole. "How's getting them to give chase against me, while you get that car of yours out, sound to you?"

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam was unable to deny that that was her idea of a heaven. She grinned like the Cheshire Cat, and started to chuckle.

"I have an idea...I know a good button to press when it comes to Green Jewels..." She said with glee.

"Shall I get started?" She asked.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
In a small suburban house on the Green and Red fringes, six people were celebrating their latest acquisition: a stockpile to end all stockpiles. No flimsy knives or truncheons, but fucking guns. Maybe it wouldn't matter to other Eagles deep in the outskirts, but it did in this flimsy construct spitting distance from the Greens.

It took a long time, but word travels fast; every Red with half a brain began their gold rush for their pieces of life while the crew's nextdoor neighbors were gathering their strength. It didn't take a genius to know that they were going to fight, and soon. The Jewels weren't going to come down on them with molotovs and pea-shooters; they were an army with real guns and explosives. If the crew wanted to survive, they needed serious hardware.

And that's what they got. Two .308 rifles and 30 rounds between them, along with a crateful of TNT. It gave them more of a fighting chance and better yet, they were practically given to them. The crate was their 'payment' as their fence told them, but the guns were their real prize; they didn't think he would miss them.

"Should we have killed him?" Two sentries were posted at the windows to eye the industrial buildings the Greens claimed. After getting the cocktail of gunpowder, gas, and the other guy's sweat, they were getting bored of their shifts. One guard - a newbie tried talking to the other for something to take his mind off the suspense.

"... Whaddaya mean?" He bit.

"The fence! Should we have killed the fence?" "Nah. Fucking waste of ammo." "But he's gonna find out we stole from him." "So?..." "Won't he come after us."

The veteran sighed. "Look, you're new so I'm gonna say it nice. Fuck no! He's just some dipshit who thinks he can control us. He has no ride! No guys! The only fucking thing he's got going on for him are selling us boomsticks."

"Maybe you're right... But still, I don't think we should stay any longer." "Shitting yourself already?" "No! I just want something better to do than guard duty."

A nonverbal shrug was the only responce he got from the other guard; enough of a prompt to get back to work. The newbie sighed as he resumed counting the windows in the factory across from them. His eyes grew heavy, and eventually shut.

-BOOM-

The information was hard to get, but Salt finally got to the hideout. Inside were six Eagles who screwed him over and he was not going to let them off the hook. Each one of them were armed to the tooth and had to be scared shitless; they'd shoot at anything that moves. The direct approach was suicide. Thankfully, there was another way.

The TNT he gave them was old, making it much more dangerous. Tri-nitro toluene was an explosive meant for immediate use; if it stands idle the explosive crystalizes, making it very unstable. As a weapon, TNT was too clumsy, but for Wilkes it would serve as a useful detonator.

Reaching in his pocket, he readied a frag grenade. With all his might he threw it right into an open window. At that, he ran as far as his legs took him and didn't stop until they strained with overwork.

-BOOM-

The force of the explosion still reached him, albeit it felt like a small push to Wilkes. He turned around, only to see the dwelling ravaged into a tattered skeleton of its former self. Only the large support beams and framework remained. All things considered, the people in were well and truly dead.

"If only they listened to reason." he muttered to himself. They were useful, but when he offered them further work, they turned tail and ran. Oh well, all that's left now, was to check for anything worth salvaging.

The two 'booms' were just one explosion from different perspectives.

TJM8

Jan 25, 2009
yeah i interacted with ur character, look for my post on page 5 haha

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hallas re-holstered his shotgun and took a few more steps into the bar towards the man who had talked to him, he then lowered his head away from the reddish light from outside so that his face was properly visible to the man.

"Why carl, don'cha remember ole me?" He asked him with a broad smile spreading across his face.

"If it has been so long that you don't remember me, the names Hallas," He extended a slightly muddy hand and shook carls warmly, still grinning.

He then took the seat opposite carl and leant forwards, adjusted his positioning in the chair with a grunt then looked straight into carls eyes

"Well then, been a long while, nearly twenty seasons since we were together, the good days," He said while kicking off a muddy boot under the table.

"And what's this I hear about a delivery service?"

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
'well my delivery services has got me one or two shots to the head so my memory isn't the best' Carl then pointed out some small scars on the top of his head, 'they are the second closest I have been to actually dying' Carl placed the top hat on the desk and crushed it again putting it back into his suit 'well I deliver anything anywhere as long as you pay me decently, so far 1 present I had to deliver to a blue eye -that encounter has brought me closest to dying yet-, about 50 bombs to the green jewels and several other things, and countless misc deliveries. to you want to deliver my next package with me or too you want to go round for a random drive?'Carl said happily.

Jun 26, 2009
"No, they must not know you are here." Jscob shot the second story the the crossbow and took Tam down to the ground floor. "Stay hidden, I'll distract them..." He walked out the building and looked at the Jewels. "Why if it isn't the fools, called the Jewels. Clinging on to false to your false God, for false hope. Weak, pathetic things aren't you? Ha, the Eagles will destroy you and you shall beg! Weak! Pathetic! Fools!!!" Jacob shot a random Jewel with one of his pistols and ran off. "I bet you aren't even brave enough to give chase! Come on, bring all your might!"

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010

In a display of efficiency and religious fervor, half of the men, including Skye, got down from the jeep and gave chase. The other half continued to move the vehicles out of the way and continued to their posts, offering up prayers to their god that the heretic would burn in the fires of the afterlife. Four armed Jewels and Skye ran after Jacob. The man who had gotten shot sat in the back of the jeep, mending his own wound as they continued towards their destination.
1: "Halt Heretic! Your end shall be painless if you give up now!"
S: 'Oh hey, look at me chasing down heretics. Selena would be proud. ... ... no wait no she wouldn't. *sigh*'
The Greens' heavy boots pounded against the street. They were smart enough to know not to chase him to far into Red territory, but right now they were still close to the borderlines.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Ahhh...Shit." Tam quickly rethought out her plan. She got out her switchblade. Maybe, just maybe, a thrown object to the explosives could activate them. It would probably destroy everything, but at least she had a chance.

She tossed her switchblade at the car, praying, hoping, that God Willing, that switchblade will hit true and activate the explosives.

She hit a soldier in the eye. He screamed in utter pain, then died.

"Ah shit! Bandits!" The leader cried, and took cover. Tam quickly thought out her plan.

She ran out to the Green Jewels.

"MISTER! MISTEEEER! A bad man and a few others held me hostage and tossed a switchblade at your friends! He's in that building!" Tam pointed to the building she came from. The Green Jewels immediately took up arms and ran off to the building. Tam laughed, jumped into the car and started it up. She drove off in the direction of Jacob.

If you need me to change that to a more believable scam, just ask me.

Jun 26, 2009
"Ha! No one can destroy the already dead!" Jacob laughed as he ran into a building in front of him. Inside he climbed up a flight of stairs that wound upwards, shooting behind him now and again. "Come on, you call this a chase?" He continued to climb up the winding stair case until he reached the roof. He burst out the door and looked to his left and right. "Only those who disregard their own life can stand a chance of defeating me!" He ran forwards and stood at the edge, turned around and stepped off, grabbing a window a story below and climbing into it. He paused to catch his breath, pointing one pistol at the door into the room he was in and the other at the window. "Come on! Come and get me you new world fools!" He heard Tam driving toward him. Damn, didn't expect this... She won't be able to find me...

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam slammed down on the brakes, skidding to a halt. Dust was raised by the force of the skid. Tam got out of the car and slammed the door. She looked around, and saw some Green Jewels near a building.

She thought this is probably where Jacob was.

She got in, pressed down on the accelerators and went at full speed towards the Green Jewels.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Skye followed behind the men somewhat halfheartedly. It wasn't that heretics didn't bother her, but she just wasn't used to running after them guns blazing. The jewels chased Jacob to the roof, and when he jumped off, one of them looked over the edge. "He jumped down to the lower floor." He motioned for the others to follow him as they ran back downstairs to where they thought he was. One of the men banged the door open, only to receive a well-placed shot in the head.
[hr]
The men ran into the building Tam had pointed out, but they found nothing inside. Before they could react, they heard the sound of her car speeding off.
"Curses! It was a trick!"
"Brother, we cannot afford to delay our arrival at our posts any longer. Leave her to the secondary force."
They all piled into the jeep, carefully placing their dead brother in the back, and left.
[hr]
The two guards at the entrance of the building Jacob was in dove out of the way, but only one of them avoided being crushed by the Red's car. The other one opened fire, his bullets leaving dents in the side of the vehicle.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam yelped as a bullet passed through her arm. She drove away from the street, then did a second circle of it. She then grabbed the guy who shot her the second time around, and slammed him against an obstacle at 20 MPH

Jun 26, 2009
"The moment man was born upon this earth, his fate was sealed." Jacob pointed both pistols at the door. "Entrusting his fate to chance, man clings to the lie of hope." He walked to the door and began firing out of it. "Attaining one's dreams requires an unbeatable will and inconceivable determination." He carried on, unflinching. He seemed invulnerable, godlike yet mortal. "I have both these qualities, do you?"

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Skye wasn't a deserter, but she knew when to retreat. She and 2 of the remaining men hightailed it out of the building. Outside, they saw Tam smashing another Green into a wall, reducing his head to a bloody mess. This was unacceptable. As she drove by, Skye fired at the wheels of her car, hoping to puncture a tire.