Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
The bullet pinged as it hit the underside of the car. The shot was too late. The car turned around and accelerated straight for Skye and the two remainders.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
"OH COME ON" All three of them were able to safely avoid the car, and this time they headed down a narrow alleyway where Tam couldn't follow. Skye was at the rear, glancing hatefully back at Tam, deciding whether or not to try and take down the girl. She remembered the man in the building, who had taken out a coupe of them. He was raving mad, and dangerous, and strong. The girl might have been okay, but fighting both of them without any advantage would be fatal.

Jun 26, 2009
Jacob ran up to the alleyway. "Ha, I told you! New world fools! Cling on to you sacred jewels, maybe if you hold onto them you'll sleep at night again!" He pulled out his crossbow and shot one of the Jewels, dragging him back. "Hahahaha!" The screams of the Jewel was loud, but meager in comparison to Jacob's laughter. "Fools! Weak! Powerless! Know true fear when facing me!"

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"Fear?" came a voice, cutting through the noise of battle, "What do you know of fear?"

On the roof above Jacob, a figure could be seen. A dark, lean figure wearing a wide-brimmed hat. Something flickered, green and silver, and a crater appeared in the wall next to Jacob, spraying him with splinters of concrete and brick. The man's hand hard hardly moved, yet it now held a vast pistol.

"You know nothing of this world, for your mind is broken" declared the Jerusalem Man, "Yet it is written, 'And for those who abandon the world before them in favor of the next, let you deal them such pain as they are reminded whence they truly are'. Are you ready, heretic, to be healed?"

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam caught sight of Jacob, and pulled to a stop in the front of a narrow alleyway. She honked the horn.

"Come on, Green Jewels, don't you wanna plaaaaaaay some more?! You just got your ass handed to you by a 13 year old with a guy who cries in his room while failing to start poems! You are all talk with your Green King, but really, the only god here is the god who says who dies!" She yelled at the retreating Green Jewels.

She then looked up.

"Ah...That's not good at all." She muttered.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Red had arrived at the side of the battle, destroyed vehicles and bodies laid askew .All in all there had seventeen destroyed vehicles, eight Blues and nine Greens. He pulled the I.D tags off the dead Blue soldiers and arraigned all the bodies in a line, in case any side wanted to pick up their dead. Most of the vehicles were wrecks, but he managed to find an extra belt of mini gun ammo on a destroyed Blue truck. The rest of the salvage attempt reveled nothing worth picking up.

Red put the I.D chips in a secure compartment in his Buggy and left the seen.

?Base, this is R-1, confirmed eighteen casualties as well as eight vehicles. Continuing long range patrol?

As Red twisted his way through the street in his buggy, he was surprised to come across a Blue patrol. Apparently they had stopped and one of the trainees was talking with a woman on the ground.

Slowing down, Red approached the group

?What?s going on over here?? he asked

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
'That voice... it was the one lecturing in the- damn. Now I need to go back.'
"Come on James, we need to go back and fight-" the other Jewel was already out of sight. "James! Dammit when I get back (if I get back) I am telling Selena that you left me to die TWICE." Skye reloaded her revolver and slinked back to the scene slowly, making sure to stay in the shadow and to avoid attention from Jacob's weapons. Tam she could deal with. 'May the Crystals keep me safe... I follow your will. May you find me worthy if my life is cut.' As soon as they were distracted and well separated she would attack the girl in the truck...

Jun 26, 2009
"Oh... Bugger..." Jacob looked up at the Jerusalem Man. "Very well, Mr Man glad to finally meet you..." Jacob slowly put away his crossbow. "I see that you're not all talk as I've heard, it truly is an honer to see the face of the enemy... But, we Eagles have many faces. I am not afraid. My mind is not broken. I shall now tell you, your false god... He cannot help you. No shiny rock will stop my bullets." Jacob pulled out his pistols and aimed upwards. "I must say, I am afraid for the first time is years. You have quite the presence... But, so do I when I wish." Jacob closed his eyes. "Let our game begin." Jacob fired his pistols and ran backwards. Crap... I gotta get to the bike. Jacob turned and ran as fast as he could towards his bike, occasionally turning around and shooting. "Run Tam, we are no match against him! Our only hope is to get back into our own territory!"

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Shit, you are telling me! I am fucking running!" She slammed on the accelerator and the car sped off into the night, hopefully in the direction of the Red Eagles.

I am just going to stay low for a while until Fard gets to Red Eagles territory.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Sliding out a eyehole, June observes the situation going on outside, and sighs as the fight draws on. I'm not going out today she thinks to herself as she slides the eyehole shut again and walks back to take a seat in her chair once again.

Hmmm... pausing to think on what she should work on next Maybe I could build that turret defence system... nodding at the idea but then again...maybe just building a sentry to start with. Nodding and starts to search through her home for a sentry blueprint she might have.

But then again she might have that sentry built in a few hours with no interuption...

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
At the foot of the ruins, Wilkes saw firsthand the damage done to the inhabitants. The band of six were virtually crushed - if not pulped by the severe pressure of the explosion. Large splinters of wood simply stuck out off some of the corpses like a reminder of death. Normally that wouldn't be so bad to him, but there was this cocktail of blood, gunpowder, and urine that left an unpleasant odour in his nose. He made a note to not linger here for too long lest it follows him.

Most of the stuff on the bodies were tattered or rendered useless from the explosion. That meant most of the guns and what they had as armor was not worth the trouble, including the rifles they stole from him. But he emptied the firearms anyway to check for the bullets. 27 salveagable .308 rounds, six 10mm rounds, and three .38 rounds was the ammo he compiled from their remains. It only added a paltry six more rounds for his handgun; he couldn't use the other bullets, but someone else could. Raking through the remains of the dwelling, Salt found that they had a small assortment of gas grenades, two of them. Good for getting out of a mess, and certainly a reason to keep them on his person.

"And for those who abandon the world before them in favor of the next, let you deal them such pain as they are reminded whence they truly are."

Oh crap! It was time to go; that no doubt sounded like a Green ready for battle. No longer focused on scavenging, Salt went immediately towards the remains of their transport; the force rocked it over on its side and made it unable to use until somebody. With all his might, he pushed at the battered jeep with every urg in his body...

-BANG-

The fighting sounded close; any closer and he would have to fight, and he would rather not sully his hands in such a battle. At his last breath, he finally righted the jeep. He didn't bother leaving a mine in case of followers; just wired the car to start and drove off. The location didn't matter, as long as he wasn't in the crosshair.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
To clarify, the explosion is that of Doc Gnosis' earlier post

Jon Shannow swayed to avoid the wild shots, and returned fire almost lazily, sending up another spray of concrete shrapnel. He turned, and yet off a pair of shots at the retreating car, hoping to disable it rather than kill the occupant. "'In children live the future'," he muttered, taking careful aim for a third shot.

Then behind him, a building exploded.

It was directly across the street, and up on the roof there was little cover. Dropping to a crouch and trusting his heavy coat to shield him from chance flames, he surged up immediately he could, but by then the Eagles were out of range.

"'And though the cowards fled their fate,'" quoth he, "'They forgot in their foolishness that all roads lead to the Orbs'. We will be revenged on them yet" he continued, speaking to his troops below. From the edge of the roof, he spoke a Prayer of Passing for those who had fallen, then turned his attention on the wreck of a building form where the explosion had come

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
"Might look outside to see whats going on now before I start anything.." heading to the eyehole and sliding it open to see a young defenseless girl outside "Ah s***....." plugging her wrench down on the lock knob and unlocking her door. Putting a bandana and goggles over her face before opening her door as soon as she can and rushing outside to the girl, picking her up as she reaches her "Time to get you out of this place." rushing back to the open door with the girl in her arms, finally reaching the safety of her home. Setting her down on her feet before finally closing the door and re-locking the door.

"Well that was probably the single most terrifying thing I've ever done."

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Skye was thrown off her feet by the explosion, and landed painfully on her already bruised arm. Getting up with a growl and a wince, she hurried out into the street. 'Gone.' Frantically she began to check the other Jewels for signs of life. 'Dead... dead... dead...' She wiped her face, trying not to cry. She would find out who those two Reds were, and she would kill them. "I swear... on the Jewels... your deaths won't be in vain..." she muttered through clenched teeth.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
pretty much

"No, but you were gonna get yourself killed out there I knew that much." panting as sliding down against the door.

"You'll be fine in here though as long as no one cares to show up with anything stronger then a battering ram to this door." pulling off her goggles to reveal her blue eyes and taking off her bandana, giving a cough to clear her lungs since she just went out there in the dust.

Jun 26, 2009
Jacob jumped on his bike and revved the engine. "I will be the one to kill you... Jon Shannow!!!" He sped off as fast as his bike would go, leaving dust in the air behind him. The sound of the bike calmed Jacob. I will kill him... Then his god will be proven false and his people will turn to despair... Then in their despair the Eagles will desend and we shall reign. Then my task will be easier, my drive... Jacob looked forward, now returning into Eagle territory. A new, greater existance will rise from the ashes of our race...

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam was smoking a cigarette in an abandoned mall in Eagle territory. She had just finished trying on non-burned clothes that people regarded as useless since armor replaced fashion. It was a nice feeling, just feeling like you look good.

Tam was currently sitting in the food hall. The food had long rotted away, but the smell still lingered. Well, not the smell. The echo of crowds, the echo of food for the crowds, the echo of dreams... All of these things were replaced by underpopulation, stravation and despair respectively.

Tam was reading a book she found. It was called Creatures In Asia: Asian Flora And Fauna. She already liked the only book she ever read (An Extended Guide To American Wildlife), and this one was no different. She was already on Japan's wildlife. She felt, for once, not like a girl in a post-atomic nightmare but an actual 13 year old doing 13 year oldy things. She felt...Normal.

God, I am just setting her up for a fall.