Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
"I'll be fine, I've lived here longer then you've been alive." still putting on the surgical mask and them putting the bandana over it. "I'm June Holiday, and if you need to know. I'm a Red Eagle, but that really shouldn't give you any ideas." standing back up brushing off her pants. "I've been in here more than I have been outside," turning to look outside again "but I'll kill when needed." closing the hole shut.

"But the situation outside is thankfully calmed down outside." as she heads away from the door. "I'm gonna see what stuff has been droped once everyone has left..." planning her raid of the material outside.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
The Bentley pulled up in front of a new pile of rubble blocking off the street. Angus removed a pen from the glove-box and marked it on the map before exiting the car (Trevor still keeping an eye on every entry point). He scratched his head, causing more of his hair to fall and a few more flakes of skin to vanish, and looked around trying to plot an alternate route. suddenly, a man in a black trenchcoat came riding around a corner on a creepy looking motorbike, occasionally glancing behind himself and checking the rooftops.
"Pardon me, sir," Angus began "but could you give us directions. we're looking for a town, I think it was called Tyreyard last time I was out here and..." a large group of Green Jewels emerged behind him, guns blazing and shouting at the runner. Angus unholstered his pistol, "Oh, not you buggers again! look, I'm just looking for Tyreyard, I don't want any trouble or pointless arguments involving the sanctity of two rather bland crystals." Trevor trained his gun on the crowd.

TJM8

Jan 25, 2009
sorry guys I just can't keep up with my current schedule sorry

While the trainee squad continued their patrol through the Delta sector they came upon a large wrecked vehicle that appeared to have some salvageable components. As the group formed defensive positions around the wreck, Alturis and two other squad members began searching through the scrap. Due to Alturis' stature he was often used for these types of jobs.

Once Alturis squeezed himself into the mangled remains of the vehicle's chassis, he heard gunfire from outside the wreck. Struggling to get out of the wreck Alturis found himself hopelessly stuck. Listening to the screams of his Blue Eyed brethren, Altrusi continued to fight to get free, only to be held back time and again by his size.

Then, the firing stopped. Looking through the twisted remains, Alturis was able to identify the assailants as Red Hawks. The Red Hawk leader began lining up the Blue Eye Trainees that had surrendered. Only 4 out of the 30 in his platoon were left standing, the trainees were no match. As their leader started taunting the his brethren Alturis made a realization... there was no way any of them would make it out alive... Red Hawks have little need for low status hostages.

Knowing that with one shot not only would his position be given away but also that he would surely be killed, Alturis drew up his father's pistol. Finding a decent gap in the wreckage, Altruis aimed down the sight using his cybernetic eye, and took aim at the Red Hawk commander's head.

*takes a deep breath*

*exhales*

*BANG*

Alturis saw his shot ring true as the commander fell to the ground. Within seconds his weak cover was being pumped full of bullets. As the bullets flew threw his cover and his flesh Alturis thought on his short life. The sorrow his father would suffer. The legacy he failed to fulfill. But the one thing he found solace in was that he had taken one Read Hawk with him.

Huddled and alone in a burnout vehicle, Alturis Melborne died.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Skye sat up with a start. No... she was in her room. Safe. 'That's right... I came back here... after the Jerusalem man came.' She made a mental note to prepare a special offering for the Jewels.

A more important issue: she had to find out who those two Reds were. They slaughtered half of her unit, and there was no way she was going to let them live through that. Did they mention anything that she could use to track them? She didn't remember. Maybe June would be able to help her... from what Skye remembered the fight was fairly close to June's house. Chances were the mechanic would know who the two Reds were. Then again, she said she wasn't very close to the Reds. Still, it was a start.

... ... ... Something was making her unusually sad today.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Salt hoped that he'd make it to some outpost but after seven minutes of driving, the jeep had given its last and came to its final stop: the middle of fucking nowhere... At least to him. The lands were scorched and mostly void of life save for the gnarly green cacti that hunched over like they couldn't support their weight. Out in the distance was the distorted horizon, hiding peril behind flickers of false hope in the dirt. And up in the sky the infernal green sun came down like an invisible rain - if only - on his body, permeating and soaking in the jacket and shirt he wore. The two constant sources of heat made him thirsty and he had thought about cutting one of the twisted plants for water... But it would've been a waste of bullets.

The was enough to make him take off his jacket and carry it with him, but his damn shirt still hugged his torso with nothing but pulling at the old garment for temporary relief the whole walk. He had to walk; running would just tire him out in the long run, make him vulnerable. That was the problem with most people: they couldn't see beyond their noses. Where he saw a need for order, Eagles saw one quick fix after another thinking they would last forever. They wouldn't. Did they think they would replenish themselves like magic? The only magic in this City is how they survived for so fucking long. Niches would empty and like a hungry snake, they would consume themselves as soon as lean times hit.

Fifteen meters away, and these thoughts and plans for an organized front were what kept him from noticing the searing pain that was enveloping his neck or the growing heat that would brand his feet. They wouldn't necessarily succeed the way he wanted but checking for feasibility was the last thing on his mind until shelter. At the horizon, Wilkes saw what looked like an succession of rundown homes and sheds. Best case, there would be people who could provide alms or manpower; worst case, there would be temporary shelter.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
SkyeNeko said:
Skye sat up with a start. No... she was in her room. Safe. 'That's right... I came back here... after the Jerusalem man came.' She made a mental note to prepare a special offering for the Jewels.

A more important issue: she had to find out who those two Reds were. They slaughtered half of her unit, and there was no way she was going to let them live through that. Did they mention anything that she could use to track them? She didn't remember. Maybe June would be able to help her... from what Skye remembered the fight was fairly close to June's house. Chances were the mechanic would know who the two Reds were. Then again, she said she wasn't very close to the Reds. Still, it was a start.

... ... ... Something was making her unusually sad today.
TIME LAPSE! I just tried to interact with you/your group, and now you're waking up in bed?

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hallas smiled at the scarred carl, leant back in his seat for a while, thinking.

"Sure, I've just got myself out of a fight with some green jewel fellas, it'd be good to ease up with some delivery work, what you deliverin this time?" he said to carl while putting his boot back on under the table.

He coughed then leant back to his original position, his arms resting forward on the table eagerly.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
'well I am going to take a guess that in about 5min a guy will come up to me ask me to deliver a package to any green jewels I can find, but tell me to be very careful with it, meaning it most likely is another bomb' Carl then turned around to see a guy holding a package, 'let me guess for the green jewels' Carl said smugly, 'Yes but be careful with it' the man said. Carl faced Hallas with a ,I told you so expression, 'so to you have your own ride or are you going to sit in the back of mine with the package?'.

Jun 26, 2009
Jacob skid to a halt, he had been driving for a while now and only just felt that he was safe. "Shit... Shit!" He hit his bike. "Fuck, this is not good at all..." The Jewels are gonna hunt me down, they probably see it as an insult that we destroyed their group with such ease... Jacob looked in front of him. Not far is a Eagle base... I'll get some men and hole myself up in a random building, best chance I got right now. I need to find Tam first though... He revved the bike then drove to a group of Eagles. "Hello fellow birds of prey, have you seen Tam, a fellow Eagle she's..." One of the Eagles pointed Jacob in the direction of Tam. "Thank you, I shall be off." Jacob drove to were he pointed and found himself at an abandoned mall. He got off and walked in. "Tam! I need to speak with you!"

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam finished up the cigarette and stubbed it on the floor. It stopped leaving smoke.

"Hey, Poem Boy, I have a thing to say to you too: I think this is a little over my head. First, the Jerusalem Man shows up, and thought he was just a ghost story. Then, I am hearing there is something going on. I just wanna know: What the fuck is going on, and why am I involved?" Tam asked.

Jun 26, 2009
Jacob sighed. "The Jewels will most likely hunt us down now, they may see it that we insulted them when we took down their group easily. They aren't forgiving and they will not forget. They're going to hunt us down and try to kill us. We need to get a group of Eagles together and find a place to hide out." Jacob looked at Mongrel then whispered to Tam. "We have our first recruit..." Jacob waved at Mongrel. "Hello, good lady. Are you interested in a little job?"

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Hmm. So, you are a pussy then? Give us a very good reason why we won't kick the shit out of you and steal your boots?" Tam asked.

"Heh, the look on your face. Anyway, your name?" She asked.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Tam, the most beautiful femme fatale in the post-atomic ruins of the world, who wins over the hearts of men and women alike, but backstabbing them when it's the right time. And poem boy over here writes poems in his room and cries." Tam pointed to Jacob.