Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Good point, but in my mind, you will always be a pussy. That's just how I roll. Anyway, we have some meat here, so if we need to get someone to do a fatal charge we'll be fine." Tam then reached out and throttled a random guy in the group following Tam. The guy was close to passing out before he was let go.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
The sun continued its radiant downpour as a perspiring salt was walking to his destination. By that time a small wind built in the dune, carrying a payload of dirt, tiny wooden schrapnel, and a peppery smell of gunfire. He sighed to himself; there was a struggle where he was going and he may have traded one fight for another.

He reached into his pocket and readied the familiar 10mm pistol he kept with him. With one hand on the gun, and the other to hold his fedora in place, Wilkes entered the new complex.

From close up, the age and condition of the dwellings became apparant; the walls of these flats were cracked and covered in ash, the wooden framework was darkened and weathered by time, the windows were non-existant or shattered on the ground, and the roofs were partially torn off from the corners. The only thing that was in good condition were the roads, yet sections of the blacktop were cracked and separated from one another... Still the complex was, 'intact' if the man had a word.

He started with the house closest to him. From there scouring for useful junk was a matter of systematically peeling back the entire infrastructure. First, checking the usual spaces - cabinets, drawers, couch cushions, etc. etc. All he found in those conventional spots were sheets of paper, pencils, and hardware tools; nothing worth salvaging.

Wilkes sighed again, it was time to get creative; it would mean peeling back the sheet-rock walls, the floorboard, and the spaces where the ventilation shafts and water heater were. It would guarantee that no stone was unturned, but the entire process was long and time consuming. Thankfully, Mr. Salt was a very patient man.

Taking a discarded screwdriver he drove the blunted tip to the walls: it was loud and a pain on his wrists. Yet this process revealed a hidden cache: mostly drugs, but there were some canned rations along with. He figured that whoever was here had to leave in a hurry... Or maybe he didn't get here fast enough... He noted as he saw a body from one of the windows. Dead.

He pocketed the food and drugs and carried on with ripping the floorboards out. It didn't take too long as the fifth board yielded a small safe; something that gave Wilkes mixed feelings. He could carry it with him, but he couldn't open it; he needed to find someone who will. Apart from the safe, nothing else was hidden on the floor.

Finally, he turned to the ventilation shafts. With the screwdriver, he loosened and removed the grates from every single one of them... Unfortunately, the ex-tenant wasn't that paranoid as nothing was inside those orifaces. Same for inside the water heater; nothing but still water. He reaped all he could from the place; throwing the screwdriver, he left the house.

The next spot caused him to virtually freeze in place when he opened the door. There was a body: large, heavily armed, and slumped over on the floor. Salt could smell the humanoid's breath... Shit!

The humanoid is in fact a sleeping Blue Eye.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"That's the point. Being a hospital isn't a good idea at all. You rely too much on the kindness of people, and I know just how fucking terrible people can be. Plus, even I know hospitals require supplies, and not even the Warlords have supplies matching the Green Jewels or the fucking Blue Eyes. Even if we do get the best crap ever, that still ain't going to work because people are trying to fuck the others over. If you had read anything about real science, not your pussy fucking about science, then you would know life is just an all brawl to see who can survive the longest. We have three sides that will kill to be the last one standing. None can rest until they see the blood of their enemies on the walls of their burning bases. They will kill men, women and children to make sure that their cause is the only cause. Do you think these fuckers will stand down to get some healing? No, they will continue firing. No negations, nothing of the fucking sort." Tam was out of breath from that rant.

She began to wonder If that rant was worth it.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Well, look at it this way: you are the only one guarding medical supplies, you and 17 others. Take the 17 down, you are fucked. It doesn't matter if you don't fire a single shot, they will fire anyway!" Tam was thinking about how naive this Mongrel was.

"Even if you say you don't want any trouble, people will begin to suspect that waiting for medical treatment is a hell of a lot more painful then just killing the guy who gives it out. This is the end of the world, humanity is going to die screaming whether you want to help or not."

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Well, look at it this way: the food can't last forever, and we can't leave the city. Think about it." Tam frowned.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"You go do that. I, however, will find more people to recruit." Tam then turned to the 15.

"Report to Jacob and tell him your selective skills. Remember, I am your commander, not Jacob." She said, then wandered off.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
'Where is everyone? Oh yeah, fighting.' The bridges were deserted, and all the houses were closed. Then she finally found something. A freshly dead body. Barely a child. Skye stopped her bike and made her way over cautiously. He looked like he had been beat up badly. His face was clawed into obscurity it seemed. The Green soldier shook her head sadly. Only in war did the young die like this. She dragged his body to the side of the road and folded a green piece of paper in his hands. [small]"May the Jewel god look upon your soul with favor, and grant you mercy in the afterlife."[/small] It was a prayer for the heretics, for the heathens. In the end, all she could ask was that they not be made to suffer after they were already dead.

Jun 26, 2009
The 15 stood in a line and Jacob put his hands behind his back. One of them began to talk "I can-" Jacob raised his right hand in front of himself, his palm open. "I do not want to know, all of you, come at me with all your might." Jacob moved his left leg back, turned his right hand around but left his left behind him. The 15 stalled. "What are you waiting for, is this you admitting your weak?" One charged a Jacob and punched, Jacob fluidly moved out the way and pushed the man to the floor with his right hand. "Really now, you didn't expect such an overused move?" The one put his palm on the floor and kicked Jacob with the back of his leg. Jacob moved his left arm to block it. "Ha, that is more like it!" Jacob pushed the man to the floor. "What are the rest of you waiting for?" All of them charged at Jacob, who smiled. The surrounded him in a circle. Jacob looked around. "Will you permit me a blunt weapon, t'is hardly fair." They nodded and Jacob pulled out his pistols, showing them that they had no ammo in as he did. "I am ready." One behind him charged and Jacob kicked him to the ground. Two from his sides yelled and charged, making Jacob smile. "Yelling doesn't make you stronger, you do know?" He shoved the pistols in their mouths and pushed them backwards. They all started charging randomly, flinging random punches which were all blocked by Jacob. He swiftly moved his gun into the stomach of one, causing them to bend forward clutching their stomach. Jacob back flip kicked him as another came from behind, who was easily knocked to the floor by Jacobs foot hitting the top of his head. "Are you trying to get hurt, I didn't even plan that one!" Soon, only three were left standing and Jacob bowed and the three tried to hit him on the head, thinking they could catch him off guard. "Nope." Jacob let himself fall to the ground before they hit him and pulled himself forward and upwards. He turned around. "Truly, easy." Jacob whacked one round the head with a pistol, tripped the another up with a kick and headbutted the last. They are writhed in pain on the floor. "That was a fun warm up, no?" Groans all round.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Tam managed to recruit 22 gangmembers, crackheads and just psychotics in general before she decided it was enough. She walked back to the mall, and went in. She saw the damage that Jacob did to the guys, and she found it very annoying.

"Ah, fuck. Did you have to break them before I could have a chance to do anything with them? Anyway, I think I have an idea for our first mission, and I think you might hate it." Tam smiled.

Jun 26, 2009
Jacob sighed. "What is it?" Jacob didn't have many guesses as to what it was. "You do realize we only collected people to help us defend against the Jewels, right? Once we know we're safe we can all go our separate ways, an action I am greatly looking forward to might I add." Jacob span his pistols in his hands as he talked.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"Step one: We kidnap some random Jewel. Step two: We knock her/him out. Step three: We plant a bomb on him or her set to go in 24 hours, and by on I mean surgically implanted in the body. Easy to do, just need an explosive. It also shows that we mean fucking business, and that if we don't get less of a bounty this is what you are looking forward to." Tam rubbed her hands together with confidence.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
The sun was high in the sky as Skye rode back to the factories. She had spoken to a few Reds who told her that this Jacob was holed up in a mall, amassing a small army. Her bike accelerated to max, zipping past everything and everyone with a sick whining buzz. She didn't care so much about her well being anymore, and if the machine exploded under her it would be a blessing in disguise. The factories loomed on the horizon as she approached, the smoke curling off into the brown sky.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
"I know a surgeon...Well, not an offical one, but one who could easily implant a bomb under the skin a bit..." Tam pulled out her knife. "You know, a knife can do a lot of damage to a person. Thus, a big knife would do more damage to a person. You look reasonably pretty, so a scar would not help. Hundreds of scars, all long, wouldn't help at all. In fact, you'd be pretty ugly. Now, couple that with a missing hand, that'd be a bad day wouldn't it? So...I think planting a bomb under someone's skin wouldn't be worth...That."