RIFT VIP Key Giveaway

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
RIFT VIP Key Giveaway

RIFT™ is the complete MMO experience you've been waiting for! Dynamic conflict and a revolutionary class system await you in this world besieged by the elemental planes. Want to try it out? Grab yourself a VIP key for their upcoming beta events and then meet us in-game to join The Escapist guild!

We have 5000 VIP keys to give away to our community members for the upcoming Beta events in RIFT. This is an MMO that should not be missed and the Beta events are only part of the fun. We have an Escapist guild on three different servers so it will be easy to get a group and jump into some of these exclusive beta events. If that isn't enough, each Beta event also gives you the chance to win some great prizes from Trion.

Invite your friends, invite your family and if you already have an account but you've been waiting for a VIP, get yours now! See you in-game!

To get your key, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/RIFTvip].

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Is this something different than what Pub club got earlier? At least I think it was pub, I signed up with a key from here...

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Sweet. I wanted to try out the beta and see what this game had to offer. Come on beta key!

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
I am mucho intrigue-ohd (that's spanish right?). I need something to play now that FFXIV flopped. I will be applying for a learners permit, huzzah!

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
I liked the game enough to pre-order it. At first it felt like WoW, but after seeing the events that trigger (MASSIVE INVASIONS WOWOWOWOW those are fun), doing some dungeons, and playing with the character creation system, this game is simply solid. It's virtually bug free to boot.

I've played in every beta so far but one, and I've experienced two bugs, both visual. One was an NPC that was walking along a dock. The NPC was facing the sky but walking towards me. It corrected itself after it stopped. The other was invisible water in a battleground. Again, nothing game breaking.

PVP is fun. My warrior archetype felt tanky but could dish out damage plenty well. I still had to fear the burst damage characters as they could do a number to me, but I beat a majority of the sustained damage characters with my superior tankability and superior sustained damage. It felt fair.

In my experience it takes longer for casting to become interesting than it does in other games. IMHO they need to rethink some of the abilities, but overall it's very fun.

The class system is what makes the game shine though. I can make any character I want. Bloodmage from Vanguard? Check. Warrior with a pet who uses dots? Check. Any type of rogue type character imaginable? Check. Melee cleric? Check. It's... insane.

To give an idea of my impression after playing it...

I can easily see myself playing this game for a good year+ if the end game content is well made. If the starting dungeons are any indication of the content in the game, then I see this game having some of the best end game content in a game at launch ever. Period.

At first I wasn't impressed with the game, stating combat was slow, etc. After they adjusted the class system a little (more points earlier, 3 souls to pick from at pretty much the start), the game opened up and I just loved it.

The biggest down side is the linear quest system from 1-30 (I presume it's that way for the rest of the game). Being guided on a set path is zzz, but it does actually work pretty well with the rifts and invasions. It ensures that there are a good number of people in each zone to handle problems as they come up. Those problems make the game feel massive.

SPEAKING of massive, wow those 'events' are massive. Thousands of monsters and hundreds of players with little FPS lag (handles better than WoW on my machine with many more people, more spell effects, more monsters, and better (subjective here) graphics), and absolutely no net lag. It feels massive. This is the first MMO I've played since DAoC that's felt massive.

Although the solo content is easy, the dungeons and group content (it appears a little later) are fairly tough. It's no EQ level tough, but it's tough and fun enough to keep me interested when every other MMO that's come out, sans Champions Online (I like knocking enemies off of buildings with my huge hands, sue me), has kept me for a month.

Of course, my praise of this is just one persons opinion. I really like what I've seen so far. Big kudos for the game being practically bug free too.

ETA: I say 'events' because they aren't really events, they're triggered based on population in the zone. The more people in a zone the more likely they will occur. I also imagine that they won't occur with very few people in a zone because they do disrupt a lot of stuff.

Stratlin

Mar 19, 2010
I went through the submission process and received the following:

Thank you!
To participate in the upcoming RIFT beta event, just follow the instructions below. You?ll receive your beta invite via email a few days before each event begins, so make sure to add [email protected]? to your Safe Senders list.
Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.
Note: If you apply a code during a beta event, you?ll receive an invite shortly. Don?t panic!

I don't see a VIP key though... is that going to get mailed or what? Thanks for any help.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Was the Beta Code supposed to appear when you entered your email and verified your age? All I got was this:
Thank you!

To participate in the upcoming RIFT beta event, just follow the instructions below. You?ll receive your beta invite via email a few days before each event begins, so make sure to add [email protected]? to your Safe Senders list.

1. Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
2. Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
3. You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.

Note: If you apply a code during a beta event, you?ll receive an invite shortly. Don?t panic!
Will it show up in my email, or in a message here? Or did I get shafted and miss out on a beta key, as that would be sad.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Looks like a couple people are having this problem but those who have revisited the contest page and refreshed it seemed to have received it. However, if you still don't have one by Monday, please post it here.

Thanks,
Spinwhiz

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot that I had this beta from Pub-Club, I could've been playing this game since December...*facepalm*

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
voetballeeuw said:
Rigs83 said:
Installing, hope my laptop does not explode.
My thoughts exactly. Fingers crossed.
First message after downloading the client and patch (took eight hours!) was tat my card was out of date and it will negatively effect the gameplay. Slashed the resolution in half and hope it's enough to get it run. I'll find out on Tuesday.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
GonzoGamer said:
Wait, so this isn't based on the old PnP RPG Rifts?
Nope, I thought so too.
Too bad. I liked Rifts. It was much more malleable than D&D.
That's the main thing I think RPGs (and especially MMOs) are missing now-a-days: the ability for a player to become the Game/Dungeon-Master. The games are sophisticated enough to allow something like that, why hasn't it been done yet.
And I don't mean making a player do serious programming/modding or anything but give them the ability to set up quests/campaigns and control them on the fly.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Looks like a couple people are having this problem but those who have revisited the contest page and refreshed it seemed to have received it. However, if you still don't have one by Monday, please post it here.

Thanks,
Spinwhiz
Thank! It worked like a charm.

GonzoGamer said:
Spinwhiz said:
GonzoGamer said:
Wait, so this isn't based on the old PnP RPG Rifts?
Nope, I thought so too.
Too bad. I liked Rifts. It was much more malleable than D&D.
That's the main thing I think RPGs (and especially MMOs) are missing now-a-days: the ability for a player to become the Game/Dungeon-Master. The games are sophisticated enough to allow something like that, why hasn't it been done yet.
And I don't mean making a player do serious programming/modding or anything but give them the ability to set up quests/campaigns and control them on the fly.
I thought the same thing too. There were times when I definitely preferred it over D&D. It really did a good job of laying out character customization rules. Want to be a Ninja Turtle? There are rules for that. Want to be the T1000? Poof! Here's your character sheet.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I've been interested in testing out the PvP in this game. Also, how should we contact the escapist guild to get an invite?

The code showed up for me, after I hit the submit button on the sign up thing on the escapist - now I just need the invite from Rift to show up in my inbox.

cheers.