Riker and Troi Talk Star Trek and Sitcoms

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Riker and Troi Talk Star Trek and Sitcoms

Ever wanted to know what happened to Riker and Troi after they left the Enterprise? If the actors who portrayed them have their way, the answer is all kinds of hilarious escapades.

Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis, better known as Commander William Riker and Counselor Deanna Troi are probably one of the most familiar on-screen couples in geekdom. But it's been a few years since we've seen them on screen together, not since 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis [http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Nemesis-Two-Disc-Collectors/dp/B000A6T1KE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276708242&sr=1-1], when they Riker and Troi finally got married.

So what have the Rikers been up to since then? Apparently, laughing and joking on the USS Titan, if Frakes and Sirtis ever get their way and get to make their sitcom Rikers in Space. Besides ideas for space comedy, the pair reminisces about their time on the show, and gives an insight into what it was like to be a part of the Next Generation family.

It's a fun watch, with some interesting little insights in there too, like their nickname for Patrick Stewart.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5543466/commander-riker-and-counselor-troi-together-again]

Davrel

Jan 31, 2010
Good lord, if that ever gets made I can only imagine it being the most cringe-inducing thing ever created...

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Well, that was quite a blast from the past.

But still, It's interesting to see them again after so many years. Riker was my favourite Character on TNG, second only to Picard.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
As crazy as their idea seems ... I think it'd actually stack up pretty well against alot of the junk on today.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Would I watch the Rikers on the Titan?... I'd be lying if I said "no", I guess it couldn't be any worse than that "Enterprise" saga... ;)
Mister Westbrook, thanks a million for posting this. It had me alternatively giggling and waxing nostalgic. I grew up with "The Next Generation", they *are* my Star Trek generation, and it was so great to see them reminiscing and speaking of other cast members, and... *sigh* That just just fun and endearing at the same time. Thanks!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
After all these years she is still beautiful.

Heh, good to see they are still up to stuff though!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Rikers In Space. That is hilarious. I would so watch it, but only if Brent Spiner was a regular. Crazy Uncle Data would be the best part of the show.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
Not gonna lie, I'd watch it.

-m
Likewise, if they really could make a comedy out of it. I can only imagine the hijinks the Titan could get into, and so much of Star Trek is set for a comedy series already if only they were willing to play it for funny rather than drama.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I always like hearing the behind the scenes stories from ST:TNG because they seem like they have a lot of fun, even if the directors don't like it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I would so totally watch that show. I love the conversational tone of this whole thing, too, more like sitting down with friends than an interview. Great find. :)

TheArma

May 19, 2009
If you liked this (I know I did!) then you'll probably love Wil Wheaton's 'Memories of the Futurecast' and the book that goes with it, or that it goes with. Whatever.

It's a very personal, highly amusing commentary on the first half of TNG series one by the actor who played Wes Crusher, who you may also know as a games reviewer and serious geek. It's not always complementary to the series but it is made with so much love that you can plainly see there is no malice in it! I believe he is working on book two at the moment. Worth a listen.

http://memoriesofthefuturecast.com/

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
This has more Fail written on it then Enterprise ever had. I mean this actually sounds like a worse idea then the old cartoon series. Roddenberry must be rolling in his grave.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Sephiwind said:
This has more Fail written on it then Enterprise ever had. I mean this actually sounds like a worse idea then the old cartoon series. Roddenberry must be rolling in his grave.
Methinks you missed the joke...

Ad_Astra

May 3, 2010
This made my day. They're having so much fun, and why not joke around and reminisce?

-Trekkie, born and raised.

P.S. If they actually made it (yes, I know it's a a joke), I would totally watch it. XD