Riot Game's New Office is Seriously Cool

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
I don't know if I'd say the sculpture is equally as good as Blizzard's one, it's nice, but not to that extent.

Also I don't know why people are complaining about this, up until season 5 the game looked like it was made in Microsoft Paint, and played like a toaster, yet it still had the largest moba playerbase. Considering how much money the average person wastes on skins, they probably don't know what to do with it all.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
conmag9 said:
I'll be honest, the fact that people are annoyed that they're spending money on a nice building baffles me. They are successful, and if they want to keep and expand their roster of programmers, designers, network devs, etc. they need to make the place appear like a great place to be (as others have said, in no small part to counter the sheer amount of stress big gaming company employees have to deal with). They COULD spend all the money on the game and make them all work in a shoebox, but they would leave and those that didn't leave would be bummed out and wouldn't be working at their best. Or at their mediocre, even.
Speaking as an aspiring game dev, I used to want to work for Bungie (Before Destiny happened. >_>) very badly. Why? Not because of their oh so expensive office. Not because of their pay. But because of the utterly amazing games they've put out and the incredible amazing talent that they only hired. I wanted to work there because the name meant something special to me.

And it wasn't just them. Any dev that put out amazing games, I wanted to work for. I looked at them and went "That's who I want to be associated with. That's what I want to devote my time and energy to."

Jun 16, 2010
MetalGenocide said:
I'm so happy they're spending the money on important things, and not on useless trifles like:
Better servers.
Things that are not new skins.
Functioning punishment system for "toxic" players.
Replays.
Matchmaking improvements.
Connection issue fail-safes.
Not bludgeoning lore.
Remaking problematic champs.
Buffing Darius.
Irelia all-around update.
Making URF mode permanent.
Etc.
Superficial perks and luxuries actually save money in the long run.
Studies have shown that buying a $5 pizza for each of your employees every week garners more job satisfaction and loyalty than a $1,000 raise.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
At the risk of looking like a grammar nazi to everyone (and potentially a hypocrite through making a mistake of my own) I just have to say the title really bothers me.

It should be "Riot Games' New Office is Seriously Cool", or just "Riot's New...".
Riot Game's would mean the company is called Riot Game, which we all know is not the case.

I don't really have anything to say about the article itself, Riot's housing does not interest me in the least, that possessive just took hold of me and wouldn't let go.
Sorry.