Rioters Set Fire to Federal Courthouse in Portland One Day after Fencing Removed

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Rioters targeted the federal courthouse in Portland, Ore., on Thursday evening in renewed clashes between demonstrators and federal police.

Footage showed the rioters attempting to force their way into the courthouse while chanting “f*** the United States!” Later in the evening rioters set a fire outside the courthouse entrance.

Dozens of violent anti-cop protesters clad in black descended upon an Oregon courthouse, where they set fires and damaged the building Thursday night as federal officers responded with tear gas and flash-bang grenades, according to video and reports.
Apparently more protests planned and varying reasoning with some claiming a pipeline extension was the reason while others on social media are saying it's a backlash to Portland's mayor requesting additional money for police funding.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Did they set fire to the building or outside the building? Your sources aren't really clear.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Hello people who broke into a federal building and threw mortars and fireworks inside.

Be sure to make nice with the Jan 6tth guys. Perhaps an enclosed area with plenty of time might form some bridges.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
They don't seem to have a plan.

Damage buildings it gets rebuild

Burndown a building it gets rebuilt.

Ditto for pipelines, prisons, and any other building.

Why not move to Texas, and make the state blue like the many smarter Californians are doing.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Is this the mythical fence that people made jokes about last year? Because that would be fitting

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
So today the same groups came back and cleaned up the neighborhood, handed out fliers, setup flowers, and cleaned windows. Thoughts?
Clearly it is an attempt at endearing themselves to the general populace so that we will allow them into our homes after which they will shed their disguises, revealing themselves as Bill and Hillary Clinton, and the kidnapping us to the secret pedo basement.

Reactions: MrCalavera

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So today the same groups came back and cleaned up the neighborhood, handed out fliers, setup flowers, and cleaned windows. Thoughts?
I don't believe it in the way you're portraying it, and I would request some documentation because I've failed to find what groups you're talking about.

I don't think you're lying about what people have done, but I do think there's likely a shell game of groups in the events as you describe them, trying to hide violent actors among peaceful ones. I would not be surprised at all if the people who officially organized a protest also organized a cleanup. I would also not be surprised if the people setting things on fire weren't the groups that started the protest, in much the same way that BLM organizers weren't leading riots during their protests and were often actively confronting rioters. I'm not going to think Portland doesn't have a problem with psycho-communists setting things on fire because other groups who were there organized a cleanup.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I don't believe it in the way you're portraying it, and I would request some documentation because I've failed to find what groups you're talking about.

I don't think you're lying about what people have done, but I do think there's likely a shell game of groups in the events as you describe them, trying to hide violent actors among peaceful ones. I would not be surprised at all if the people who officially organized a protest also organized a cleanup. I would also not be surprised if the people setting things on fire weren't the groups that started the protest, in much the same way that BLM organizers weren't leading riots during their protests and were often actively confronting rioters. I'm not going to think Portland doesn't have a problem with psycho-communists setting things on fire because other groups who were there organized a cleanup.
Except this was local black bloc. Only local group I saw criticizing this was PNWYLF, who are explicitly not organized, so really I just saw a teenager with a Twitter account call it lame.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Except this was local black bloc. Only local group I saw criticizing this was PNWYLF, who are explicitly not organized, so really I just saw a teenager with a Twitter account call it lame.
Again, I can't argue specifics because I have no idea who these people are. You seem to know where these thing are organized and by whom, so if you could point me that direction I could make an informed opinion. As it stands, you're leaving me to guess whether people dressed in black with their faces covered are all the same people.