Rise of the Tomb Raider Ascends This November

Fanghawk

New member
Feb 17, 2011
3,861
0
0
Rise of the Tomb Raider Ascends This November

Lara Croft gets back to climbing mountains and raiding ruins on Nov. 10, 2015.

Read Full Article
 

pilar

New member
Jul 7, 2014
59
0
0
Not quite up to par with the Uncharted 4 DEMO but still gorgeous. But for having such diverse mechanics, all that they decided to show was a climbing (timed-button sequence) scenario.

Couldn't be troubled to show us the meat of the game?
 

Bat Vader

New member
Mar 11, 2009
4,996
0
0
Not long to wait? A year in a half seems like a long time to wait. Game looks good though.
 

Whispering Cynic

New member
Nov 11, 2009
356
0
0
Xbone exclusive huh? Shame, I rather liked the last one. Oh and from what I saw around the internet it's supposed to be released this year, not the next... might want to fix that.
 

Fanghawk

New member
Feb 17, 2011
3,861
0
0
Bat Vader said:
Not long to wait? A year in a half seems like a long time to wait. Game looks good though.
Whispering Cynic said:
Xbone exclusive huh? Shame, I rather liked the last one. Oh and from what I saw around the internet it's supposed to be released this year, not the next... might want to fix that.
Yes, that was a typo on my part. It's fixed.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
I would refrain from releasing a timed exclusive sequel to an already divisive reboot of a dying franchise the same date as a long developed multi-platform, highly anticipated sequel to a highly aclaimed series with a blue-moon release schedule.

See Squeenix, this is what happens when you put yourselves in Microsoft's (or anyone's) pocket. A decision I am sure they will soon regret.
 

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
1,712
0
0
Xsjadoblayde said:
I would refrain from releasing a timed exclusive sequel to an already divisive reboot of a dying franchise the same date as a long developed multi-platform, highly anticipated sequel to a highly aclaimed series with a blue-moon release schedule.

See Squeenix, this is what happens when you put yourselves in Microsoft's (or anyone's) pocket. A decision I am sure they will soon regret.
I wouldn't call it a dying franchise, the reboot has sold at least 8.5 million copies so far, which is more than any Tomb Raider game has ever sold, and it set a record for Tomb Raider launch day and first-month sales. There's a reason Microsoft ponied up the bucks to have this game for Christmas this year. Also, knowing how these Microsoft deals work, after Christmas it'll probably lose that exclusive status, at least for PC (held hostage on Windows 10 with fake mandatory DX12 of course).
 

mind-screwed

New member
Mar 18, 2013
23
0
0
It's always these heavily scripted cinematic sequences that they demo, not the actual mechanics of the game. Yeah, yeah I know showcase graphics and intensity and all that but still...
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
18,168
2,569
118
Wait, so she climbs to the top of that cliff with her climbing axes, but the instant she reaches it they just disappear from her hands which results in her losing her grip and falling into an endless scripted sequence. Way to go, Lara!

Also nice to see Lara's patented Touch of Death is still ever present. Is there any part of the Earth's geography that doesn't crumble as soon as she sets foot on it?
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
DrunkOnEstus said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
I would refrain from releasing a timed exclusive sequel to an already divisive reboot of a dying franchise the same date as a long developed multi-platform, highly anticipated sequel to a highly aclaimed series with a blue-moon release schedule.

See Squeenix, this is what happens when you put yourselves in Microsoft's (or anyone's) pocket. A decision I am sure they will soon regret.
I wouldn't call it a dying franchise, the reboot has sold at least 8.5 million copies so far, which is more than any Tomb Raider game has ever sold, and it set a record for Tomb Raider launch day and first-month sales. There's a reason Microsoft ponied up the bucks to have this game for Christmas this year. Also, knowing how these Microsoft deals work, after Christmas it'll probably lose that exclusive status, at least for PC (held hostage on Windows 10 with fake mandatory DX12 of course).
Ah fair enough, I was thinking back to some article that was saying how Squeenix were disappointed with it's initial sales. It was still over the 2 million mark, which was part of the joke I guess. I was unaware of how well it has done since. It is definately an above average game and I mostly enjoyed it despite the odd faults. Microsoft had confidence that Squeenix lacked for this franchise and decided to shamelessly utilise the upper hand for their future Xbox plans. Business as usual.
Still hoping to play this sequel though.

Casual Shinji said:
Also nice to see Lara's patented Touch of Death is still ever present. Is there any part of the Earth's geography that doesn't crumble as soon as she sets foot on it?
People too. They all die. She is the living manifestation of decay. Something quite beautiful in essence. Not in practice however. She has serious problems that need to be addressed. Preferably from a distance. Through a few layers of concrete on a different planet.
 

The Purple Grape

New member
Jun 5, 2015
67
0
0
Isn't that the same climb and sliding fall sequence from the 2013 game. Also Lara's in the wilderness....again. Gets captured....again. She must survive the wilderness.....again. Most of the effort went into the hair physics a again I assume.
 

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
4,950
2
43
As revealed at this year's E3, Lara will be climbing mountains, spelunking caves, and raiding ruins on Nov. 10, 2016.
Says coming this November but also says this, does it get two separate releases? Hah. Can't wait, either way.
 

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
6,242
0
0
A cliche' shitty name from shitty devs for a shitty game. I call it in advance.