Risen 3: Titan Lords Enhanced Edition Hits PS4

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Risen 3: Titan Lords Enhanced Edition Hits PS4

Rising one more time for the modern console.

Just over one year following the initial release of Risen 3: Titan Lords, Deep Silver has today launched the game for PlayStation 4. The new release is the first game on the platform from developer Piranha Bytes.

Risen 3 breaks from the first two games in the series by introducing a new protagonist, one of the last pirate captains who must take on the titular Titan Lords to recover their soul from the underworld.

The new PS4 edition offers an improved graphical experience as compared to prior console releases (which the developer claims is on par with "Ultra" settings in the PC version). In addition to the main game, the new release also bundles in the game's three downloadable content expansions.

Reviews of Risen 3 were mixed. The Escapist awarded it two out of five stars [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12094-Risen-3-Titan-Lords-Review-Titan-Fallen], praising its sea combat and difficulty while critical of the game's mission structure and lack of clear direction.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Geez. They really will remaster anything, wont they?

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
They also give a free HD-pack for pc-owner with a 64-bit OS at the size of 4,2 GB.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Deep silver have far too much money and absolutely no sense/taste. What have they got on the side, I wonder? Saints row and metro can't be funding that much, surely?b

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
But... did they fix the actual game? I mean, it had the same broken combat of the second game. Dying by the hands of enemies that constantly stunlock you is as fun as it sounds.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
Deep silver have far too much money and absolutely no sense/taste. What have they got on the side, I wonder? Saints row and metro can't be funding that much, surely?b
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Media

They're a subsidary of a relatively major european media group.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Seth Carter said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Ah, thankyou! After a read, That does explain a lot for me. They still need a gamer CEO though. (Rhyme unintentional at first).

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Baresark said:
But... did they fix the actual game? I mean, it had the same broken combat of the second game. Dying by the hands of enemies that constantly stunlock you is as fun as it sounds.
Don't know what your talking about. Enemies don't stunlock you in any way. You just have to properly pay attention to their attack animations to evade and/or block their attacks. It's hardly rocketscience and goes really well once you actually pay attention to the game, yet I see so many people whining about the combat. But you can't win through buttonmashing so it must mean that the game sucks, right?

Xsjadoblayde said:
Piranha Bytes is an Company with an established fanbase that likes their games. They might not rake in Millions of Dollars, but their certainly profitable. Just because american audiences don't like their games doesn't mean that their running a deficit.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Amaror said:
Baresark said:
Don't know what your talking about. Enemies don't stunlock you in any way. You just have to properly pay attention to their attack animations to evade and/or block their attacks. It's hardly rocketscience and goes really well once you actually pay attention to the game, yet I see so many people whining about the combat. But you can't win through buttonmashing so it must mean that the game sucks, right?
I love the assumption that I am just button mashing and there is nothing wrong with the game. Yeah, me, all the people I know who have played it and a whole lot of reviews are wrong. That's fine.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Baresark said:
I love the assumption that I am just button mashing and there is nothing wrong with the game. Yeah, me, all the people I know who have played it and a whole lot of reviews are wrong. That's fine.
Hey, your welcome to not like the game as long as you don't lie about it. Enemies don't stunlock you. That's the truth. I am not saying the game or it's combat system is perfect. It takes a lot more effort to get into than other games and i can understand if people don't like it. As long as you don't lie about it, that's perfectly fine.
Your complain did sound a lot like what angryjoe was saying in his ragevideo about the game. He also claimed the enemies were stunlocking him. I watched the video and it was simply not true. Because he was generally just standing before the enemies smashing the attack button. Not trying to evade, not trying to block. Just attacking and of course he got hit by enemies and of course he died a lot.
But as i said i can perfectly understand when people don't like the games combat. In order to beat it, you have to watch the enemies very carefully. They have different attacks, some can be better blocked, some can be better evaded. And if you watch carefully it gets easy to distinguish the varying attack animations and reacting accordingly. This does take quite a bit of effort though, so i understand if people don't like it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Baresark said:
Nope, from what I've read, the PS4 version got actually much, much worse than the original release. Even more broken than before, there's input lag even for the simplest task of moving around, there's framedrops everywhere, saved games sometimes won't load and the game will constantly crash... on a PS4...

So yeah, yet another overrated garbage port (game perhaps?) from Piranha Bytes that it's fanbase of 10 people will jump in to defend.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Seth Carter said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Holy shit, the Koch brothers are into vidoe games now?
We reallyare doomed.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Objectable said:
Seth Carter said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

Holy shit, the Koch brothers are into vidoe games now?

We reallyare doomed.
Different Koch then you're htinking of.

"Koch Media is a German media enterprise started in 1994 by Franz Koch and Klemens Kundratitz"
"Charles G. Koch and David H. Koch ? the two brothers still with Koch Industries"