Risk your life to defend your lovers belongings?

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
It was her idea to go in the park and she ran away and didn't call the cops..... sounds like she was in on it.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I would only risk my life to defend life itself. My girlfriends stuff is easily replaced. I, however, am one of a kind.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
danintexas said:
Being I am a Texan - and I have a Texan wife we would of both pulled our guns and shot the two guys dead.
Yeah, man! I like the way you think.

On topic: I... I don't know what I'd do. I'd do whatever I had to to protect who was with me.

blase

Jul 15, 2008
My wife would never forgive me if I seriously endangered my own life to defend ANYTHING that could be bought again with money.

The problem is that SOME people will take your belongings AND then seriously hurt you. Just for fun. For that reason I am seriously considering getting a gun or a taser and acquiring all the necessary skills to defend myself with such an instrument.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
lol, nicely written. I'm pretty sure I'd only fight if it came to murder/rape though, and even then I hope I'd have the courage to do so

Pragmatic impulse trumps chivalrous impulse on this one

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Testosticore said:
and the night was going great. She laughed at my jokes, blushed at my compliments and didnt mace me. I just need to point out that this is a hilarious line. have you ever thought of writing comedy or doing stand-up or something. Really, I almost choked on my food here. All is well when she thinks it would be a grand idea to save time by cutting through the local park. At 12 am. In Michigan.

Me, being the slack jawed imbicile I am, agreed without protest. While we're enjoying our walk through the park, two black dudes in black hoodies [well, one was actually more of a dirty orange, but the point is that it was darkly colored] stepped out in front of me and demanded money. Now, I have always been a man who enjoys his bones unbroken, so I was prepared to hand over anything they wanted.

Now at this point, I feel the need to justify my decision by pointing out the fact that there was, in fact, TWO violent looking men in front of me who look like they could beat me within an inch of my life even if I didnt have any money. Plus, there was the possibility of them being armed, which later proved to be true.

Anyways, as Im reaching into my pocket, they look at my lady friend and also demand she turn out her pockets. Something inside of me clicked. Maybe it was chivelry, maybe it was bravery, maybe it was stupidity, but something said 'Nows your chance to totally impress this girl. Maybe I could try this heroism thing everybody has been going on about.' So I put my wallet in left hand and held it out infront of me.

I was terrified, of course. I'll even admidt to tearing up a little [it was an emotionally charged moment, okay?!?]. I knew that no good can come from this, but the thought that the entire neighborhood would know that I let my shiny new girlfriend get robbed on our first date and I just rolled over didnt feel right. So as he reaches out to take my wallet, I close my eyes real tight, and swing as hard as I could with my right fist.

It felt awesome. My first thought was 'FUCK YEAH! That was some Jet Lee shit right there! That wasnt so hard! In fact, I think Ill keep going! Im going to make it a combo and set this guy in his place! Im going to air juggle his ***** ass! Hell I bet that-'

That silence was the sound of my thoughts getting cut short by a fucking box cutter to the leg which the second hoodlum [who I had completely forgotten about whilst fantasizing] had supplied with the speed of a doped up UPS employee. This was followed immediately by several boots to my abdomin, and a few solid punches to the face. Girlfriend is no where to be found [she had ran home while I was valiantly attacking the muggers fist with my face], my wallet is gone, Im short exactly 1 ego and I was leaking fluids from my leg that I was pretty sure were important.

Oh and she didnt call the cops either. I walked to a nearby house and asked to use the phone to call for a ride home. Only after I got home and then to a hospital did I remember to call the police. There wasnt enough for them to go on, so the dudes were never caught, and I felt like a fucking moron for 3 weeks while my stitches healed [it was a little box cutter and, admittedly, didnt do much physical damage, but it still hurt like a *****], but thats not the point.

The question is, if your lover was being robbed and you were hopelessly out numbered, what would you do? Would you comply, and apologize later? or would you defend them?
First: To Clarify, I would likely try to fight off a single attacker. I'm relatively confident that I could create enough of an advantage to either win the fight, or slow him down enough for me to run away. So the gf thing is kinda irrelevant in that situation.

Against 2 attackers who were significantly bigger than me? On my own: I would let them take what they wanted. I might be able to win the fight, but more likely I would not, and even if I did, I would get hurt in the process, maybe seriously, and that's not worth the money in my pocket. Back to your question, it's not worth the money in her pocket either, but if they stole some kind of heirloom jewelry, or a gift from a now deceased relative, or something like that, I would probably try to get it back, no matter how stupid of an idea that was. I'm kinda an idiot like that.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
My problem is I don't know how I would react since i've had similar situations occur to me in the past and i've acted differently to each one:

One time I got attacked by some kid at high school and I just gave way really easily though that might have had something to do with being shoved down a flight of stairs by him first.

Another time I was getting harrassed by some people I didn't know as I was walking home in the dark once and whilst the details are foggy I think they may have tried mugging me; long story short I ran away and they chased me so I got pissed off and grabbed a metal pipe and ended up being the persuer.

Testosticore

Jul 22, 2011
BringBackBuck said:
Out of interest, did the relationship work out? it's a hell of a first date story...

OT: I am big, strong, and can throw a punch (with my eyes open even), but I would not do what you did. Money and stuff are just, well, money and stuff. Certainly not worth dying in a park after being stabbed by a junkie over 14 dollars and a 3 year old cellphone.
Well, no it did not work out, haha. Turns out, the first thing she did when she got home was got on her cell phone, and cried to her 'bestie' or whatever women call their friends these days. Admittedly, I was put off by the complete lack of interest in my well being, so I broke up with her.
I got STABBED and she couldnt stop worrying about how traumatizing it was for her to call 911?

Anyways, alot of replies that Ive been reading seem to imply that I simply swung once and then just stared blankely at the dude, hoping he'll die from sheer terror. In reality, I was going in for another hit when his buddy hastily created another orifice where there had not been one previously.

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
rokkolpo said:
Floggo said:
Seriously, if that happened to me, the second they asked for my money, I'd go into a bloodthirsty rage, regardless of what happened to me, I'd be swinging until either I fall, or the mugger falls, as long as my wallet or personal possessions are safe, I'll be happy.
I'd advice against going out to dark places then.
Unless you want to end up dead.

OT: I'd give them what they wanted.(as long as they don't hurt the girl)
Better to have my pride stabbed than my ribs.
Too late, tee hehehe