Robert Downey Jr. Stays On As Iron Man

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Krantos said:
DugMachine said:
screws over the other actors
Might want to check that again.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/09/robert-downey-jr-fighting-for-better-pay-for-avengers-cast-3747166/
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

He's actually been fighting with Marvel to get the other actors a pay raise.

He demands the salary he does because that's how much him being in the film adds it's revenue. If it doesn't go to him, it goes to the company. Which would you prefer?
Well then color me shocked. Good guy RDJ. With how much money those films generate the actors definitely deserve a good chunk.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
MinionJoe said:
Glad Mr. Downey has signed a TWO movie deal.

If it were just one, we'd have to worry about him being Whedoned.
He's just a flash back in the second of the films he signed on for ;D.

DUN DUN DUN!

Directed by M. Night Shyamawhedon.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, if an actor is going to make an ungodly sum of money, I'd just as soon they earned it playing a character they portray well in a movie that's actually worth watching. Thus far, Downey hasn't disappointed.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Really excited about this news (even if I'd rather have another Iron Man movie than Avengers 2...) as I'm sure Marvel would lose a lot more money with him not being there than having to pay him. Even if he is replaced as Iron Man in some Avengers n movie, the audiences would still see it by the millions, but it just wouldn't feel the same.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Let's be honest. Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark. He just comes off with so much smug charm and charisma that no one else could pull it off. The man absolutely stole every scene he was in in Avengers. Though every actor nailed their roles in that movie and they played off each other perfectly.

Still, this is good news. And I honestly like him. Everything I hear about him makes him seem like a decent person. And he really seems to have turned his life around. So, this may seem odd, but I am sort of proud of him. Don't know him, but all the same, I am happy to see him earning such great success.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Let's not lie; was this ever -really- in doubt? He's basically the face of the MCU.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Can we still have Jackie Chan in a suit fighting alongside him?

Anyway, that is awesome news, because Robert really does play an excellent Tony Stark. He steals the entire film, pumps it up with greatness, then reveals a contract stating that he legally bought the film when he stole it and just wanted the pleasure of seeing everyone's faces when he hijacked it.

Life is good...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
I think this qualify for nerdfest 2013. DJ, Fire up the Lord of the rings audio book!

Just out of curiosity. How are we gonna replace junior as iron man. He made the character what it was. He is iron man

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
TBH if he did not, I would not watch MCU anymore :D He steals the movies.

BUT WHY DID COULSON DIE :<

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
I like him as Ironman but I would be fine with a new actor. Iron Man has changed many times over the years. In the inevitable Reboot I look forward to see who else they get to do the role and hope that person does his own thing and not just impersonate him.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks freaking God, I love that man. Saying that I wonder just what role it will be considering the end of Iron Man 3?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Awesome sauce! Now, hows about showing some love to Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner? Those two need something other than Avengers to pass the time.