Robin Knowing Bruce Was Batman

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So, this might seem random, but I was watching a video recently about the Nolan Batman films, and someone commented on how Robin said he just "saw it in his eyes" when Bruce came by the orphanage. And yeah I thought that comment was pretty silly myself, but it didn't really bother me.

But then I remember someone, in a different video, commenting that this reveal is apparently actual canon from the comics? In at least one of the plethora of variants of the story of course.

Can anyone who actually reads Batman confirm/deny this point? Because I find it interesting, and I'm curious about it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Tim Drake (3rd Robin) eventually deduces Batman's identity after seeing him and 1st Robin (Dick Grayson) pull a stunt that he recognizes from Grayson's circus routine. Neither Grayson nor Jason Todd (2nd Robin) had deduced Batman's identity before and I don't know if any of the smattering of Robins that came after in different continuities did either. I would think not or the reveal at the end of Dark Knight Rises that Blake was "Robin" would be spoiled by that earlier scene.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Only Tim Drake has ever deduced Batman's identity. It's entirely possible of course that someone in the DC universe discovered his secret identity by looking into his eyes or some other contrived shit like that, but I'm pretty sure it's none of the Robins.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Only Tim Drake has ever deduced Batman's identity. It's entirely possible of course that someone in the DC universe discovered his secret identity by looking into his eyes or some other contrived shit like that, but I'm pretty sure it's none of the Robins.
Ra's al Ghul deduced Batman's secret identity at least a decade before Tim Drake showed up. Bane also deduced Batman's secret identity in his first story arc. Amanda Waller also figured it out.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Ra's al Ghul deduced Batman's secret identity at least a decade before Tim Drake showed up. Bane also deduced Batman's secret identity in his first story arc. Amanda Waller also figured it out.
I meant among the Robins specifically. Everyone, their mom, and their mom's dog knows who Batman is these days.