Robin's Arkham City Look Inspired By Cage Fighters

Moeez

May 28, 2009
I can dig it. The origin reminds me of Batman Beyond, how Terry was more involved in gang fights, so this seems right up the contemporary alley for Tim Drake.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Holy crap. They performed the impossible: They created a cool-looking Robin.
Valagetti said:
I only thing that puts me off is this gadget... a stick?
The staff actually makes sense when you take into account his upbringing as an acrobat. Good not only as a weapon, but for keeping balance during perilous walks across narrow surfaces.

Really ought to be longer, though, unless it's a modern collapsible type.
plus a staff was designed to be a non-lethal weapon. apparantly staff users would surrender if their staff broke and was sharp enough to act as a spear.

OT, i do like the look of him. would of prefered the spiked hair though.

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
Valagetti said:
Lord Beautiful said:
One complaint: can that cape be extended a bit or just removed altogether? It doesn't look right as is.
As if I haven't contributed to this forum enough, the length of your cape measures how badass you are! Batman has a cape that most likely doubles a Gazebo, Supermans can be re-used a persian rug. While Robins can be re-disposed as a tea towel.
They did this on purpose, so to not make him too badass. But he has a hood, ahhh I can't make a joke out of that.
Robin Hood?
No captcha I will not earcest him:

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Very dark and menacing looking costume. It certainly fits in with the dark theme of the games. The shaved head is a nice touch, it reminds me of Starkiller or Cole McGrath.

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Looks pretty good, and the hood looks like it would hide his identity better than that little mask. Too bad it's a pre-order only, maybe his levels will come out as DLC.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Valagetti said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Holy crap. They performed the impossible: They created a cool-looking Robin.
Valagetti said:
I only thing that puts me off is this gadget... a stick?
The staff actually makes sense when you take into account his upbringing as an acrobat. Good not only as a weapon, but for keeping balance during perilous walks across narrow surfaces.

Really ought to be longer, though, unless it's a modern collapsible type.
Yes why isn't it collapsible? And have serveral other features, like electric tazers or graplling hooks? Batman has a cape and I'm pretty sure that would screw his balance, they need to stop making Robin so lame, make him equally badass and likeable as Batman. And people will stop mocking them as a gay couple.
Read the damn comics. Tim Drake is pretty much Batman's successor in a way Grayson could never be. Robin/Red Robin Is BADASS.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
oh, COOL! Everything I hear about this game just makes me want to play it more!

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Yeah, I heard about this a while back; it's about time the escapist made it known. They should also make batgirl a playable character, that would be awesome! But still I can't wait to see Robin in action. If I have the chance to preorder (not likely) then I am definitely getting it from best buy. I would've gotten it from gamestop like usual (or amazon.com) but gamestop only comes with ONE challenge map as a bonus while bestbuy gives you TWO challenge maps AND Robin as a playable character; it's obvious as to which one is the better deal.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Best Buy preorder exclusive... Fuck you too, Rocksteady.

Well, I was excited until I read that. If it isn't made into DLC available for everybody, I can see people hating this so hard.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
WizardArtist said:
I like it, but I'm wondering which Robin is depicted. Also the cape is a little short and the staff should be longer and collapsible.
Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together and provide a rapturous applause for the one, The only, the great Captain Nitpick. =D

HooterNanny

May 19, 2010
Tsk Tsk Rocksteady. You should know by now that all hardcore fans of anything hate any sort of change

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Inspired by cage fighters? Or by Commander Shep, Sev, Baldur, Niko, Cole, and dozens of other "Bad-ass" generic male characters? Give. Him. HAIR.

(And yes, I did get this from 'The Devolution of Character Designs')

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Is it me, or does the way the thumbs in the image of Robin almost makes it appear as though he is wearing assless chaps?

WizardArtist

Jul 3, 2011
lobster1077 said:
WizardArtist said:
I like it, but I'm wondering which Robin is depicted. Also the cape is a little short and the staff should be longer and collapsible.
Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together and provide a rapturous applause for the one, The only, the great Captain Nitpick. =D
Sorry about that, I am being very picky. I just figured all capes were supposed to be long, and that a longer collapsible staff would have better reach and portability.
Even with my criticism I still think he looks really cool.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
For once robin doesn't look like a flamer, well done! Maybe I can actually garner some respect for the character now that he doesn't look like a total puss.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, not bad. The cape and staff remind me of the one and only version of Robin I liked: Teen Titans Robin. Not gonna be easy seeing the guy without his spiky black hairdo, but I'm still digging the new look. :)