Robocop Wants Detroit to Build Robocop Statue

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008

PrinceofPersia said:
UMMMM can we take that money and give it to the Detroit schools? I'm sure Robocop would understand he loves kids.
That sounds good, too. But the statue is EDUCATIONAL.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
InterAirplay said:
This is literally the best thing I've ever seen, and I don't say that often. Maybe only once a week. last week it was this:

As much as I love Peter Weller's half-insane/half-Adam West delivery in that video (which, to be fair, is a Peter Weller specialty), I think having Bat(e)man singing the Powerpuff Girls is about a thousand times better.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:

PrinceofPersia said:
UMMMM can we take that money and give it to the Detroit schools? I'm sure Robocop would understand he loves kids.
That sounds good, too. But the statue is EDUCATIONAL.
Someone needs to teach the kids about future's history today.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
InterAirplay said:
This is literally the best thing I've ever seen, and I don't say that often. Maybe only once a week. last week it was this:

LOLOL!
I want a Robocop in my city ;_;

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Honestly, i would much perfure a "Spawn" statue erected.....
:( but i guess this will have to do.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
InterAirplay said:

The auto-tuned one is hilarious too! Nice find, I will treasure it.

And to this thread, that is to be frank very awesome!

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
I would say the whole idea and accompanying video are incredibly awesome, but i don't think that description begins to encompass it.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
PrinceofPersia said:
Eri said:
Looks like the statue is all but built now.
I love me some RoboCop, and I love Detroit, but I agree - there's a lot more good that money could do.

And that's the way RoboCop would have it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This is awesome and all, but I'd still rather it be the other way around. Robocop builds Detroit statue.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
We need to raise enough money to make it huge, we need something to combat Japan's giant Gundam statue.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
I loved Weller as Liddy in the latest season of Dexter.

Just for that alone they should build a statue.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
JEBWrench said:
PrinceofPersia said:
Eri said:
Looks like the statue is all but built now.
I love me some RoboCop, and I love Detroit, but I agree - there's a lot more good that money could do.

And that's the way RoboCop would have it.
While that may be true, if it was funding for schools or what have you I don't think people would have donated the money. The masses like to see where exactly their money is going. If you just say give the money to the umbrella term "education" you don't know what effect that will bring. Good teachers could still be laid off, or they add more cameras, or change the school lunches, etc. It's not something that is immediately felt, while an awesome statue is.

Also Robocop doesn't necessarily like the kids in Detroit... after all. A lot of them are on drugs... and the drugs in the city must be eliminated. :p

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Now all we need to do is raise enough money to have the robocop statue fight crime.