Robot Chicken Providing Spore DLC

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Robot Chicken Providing Spore DLC

The twisted minds behind Comedy Central's deranged action-figure sketch show Robot Chicken will be tackling Spore - as DLC creators for the game's first expansion, Galactic Adventures.

Raise your hand if you saw this coming. Now bring that hand down and slap yourself smartly across the face for being a liar. Nobody could have seen this coming - not before the aptly-named kindergarten-aged Hitler [http://www.spore.com/wtf]?

Still, it's happening nonetheless. Series co-creators Seth Green and Matt Senreich conceptualized a special campaign for Galactic Adventures, and then passed it on to their team of writers to, uh, write it.

"We're big fans of Spore, so teaming up on Spore Galactic Adventures was a natural fit and so much fun for all the guys at Robot Chicken," said Green. Co-creator Matt Senreich continued: "We're all gaming geeks, so when the Spore guys said they had an alluring proposition for us, how could we say no? Instead of creating absurd worlds with toys, this gave us the opportunity to create literally anything we wanted as gamers. Geek moment. We think that RC fans will love the pretty random and absurd adventures we created and we can't wait to goof around with the ones the fans create."

One wonders if their DLC campaign will have any penis monsters in it. It's not hard to envision. Regardless, the Robot Chicken campaign will be downloadable for free once Galactic Adventures hits on June 23rd.

(Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5260805/robot-chicken-invades-spore-galactic-adventures])

The X-Ninja

Aug 24, 2008
Robot Chicken isn't on Comedy Central, is it? It's part of the Adult Swim program on Cartoon Network.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
jedstopher said:
I totally called it.
Uh-huh, right, and I'm secretly the Pyro.

On topic: Does this mean I get to blow up the Ewoks with a rocket-launcher? Or maybe be the janitor at the Bottom o the Death Star? Great, might actually be a reason for picking the damn Expansion pack up, if the price is right.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
third comment...

Nah im kidding. Of course...*cough*
anyway I gave up on spore when I came across my fourth Penis/Vagina colony. also found one tits colony.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
The X-Ninja said:
Robot Chicken isn't on Comedy Central, is it? It's part of the Adult Swim program on Cartoon Network.
That's what I was thinking too. Maybe whatever country the author is from has RC on Comedy Central.

I just hope they can get some celebrity voiceovers for the game.

My space monster would be so cool if he was voiced by Tom Waits or Billy D'.

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
The show is produced by Stoopid Monkey, ShadowMachine Films, Williams Street, and Sony Pictures Digital, and currently airs in the US as a part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, in the United Kingdom and Ireland as part of Bravo's Adult Swim block, in Canada on Teletoon's Detour block, in Australia on The Comedy Channel's Adult Swim block, in Russia on 2x2's Adult Swim block, in Germany on TNT Serie's Adult Swim block and in Latin America on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. It premiered on Sunday, February 20, 2005.
CantFakeTheFunk made a goof, methinks.

edit: Also damn you Robot Chicken, you've made me re-install that blasted time-killer.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Galactic Adventures as a whole looks like it'll make Spore worth playing again (hopefully). This is just an added bonus :)

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Galactic Adventures seems to actually be an attempt to EXPAND the game. Therefore I will buy it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Robot Chicken is...
Well, I avoid it and dispise it as some of the most disgusting programing on television.(My opinion; feel free to hold different personal views.)

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Erana said:
Robot Chicken is...
Well, I avoid it and dispise it as some of the most disgusting programing on television.(My opinion; feel free to hold different personal views.)
Well, I'd have to disagree with you. I think it's one of the funniest shows on television. But I would like to know why you find it so disgusting compared to some of the other dreck they shove on television.

nerdsamwich

Feb 25, 2009
Evil. Wonder how much Seth cost? I mean, if I knew you could buy the robot chicken guy, I would have done it along time ago. And bought the rights to "my little pony". Epic Fail!

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I'm not sure I understand all the hate aimed at Spore. I found the game amusing and fun, but I'm the type who can easily casual game (I think I turned game into a verb there), and I enjoy games the most where I can put my creative talents to the test. I would love to get all the expansions for Spore, but I just don't have the cash right now.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I love Spore too but that's not an excuse to raise a thread that's nearly a year old!