Rocket League is Free this Weekend on Steam

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rocket League is Free this Weekend on Steam

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1314/1314857.jpgWant to play soccer, but don't want to leave your car? Good news: Rocket League is free this weekend on Steam.

This week's free Steam weekend features Rocket League, the soccer-with-cars game developed by Psyonix. If you like it once you've tried it, you can pick it up for 40 percent off, and as a bonus, all the DLC is 20 percent off as well.

The free weekend is already underway, and will run through 4 PM ET Sunday, April 24. The sale will stick around a bit longer, until 1 PM ET on Monday.

As Yahtzee said, Rocket League is pretty crazy popular [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57380-Rocket-League-Tembo-The-Badass-Elephant-Review], so if you haven't given it a look yet, now's your chance to do it for free.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
This has been the best week of my life by far. This is just icing on the cake.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
I've been playing it for a while and it's really fun! I usually don't play multiplayer games and I hate football but I quite like this.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Oh man, I only saw that it was free this Sunday and started playing in the morning...still ended up playing 5 hours of it in total today. Might buy it, it's oodles of fun.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That helped me understand what all the hype was about. Scoring my first goal was awesome. I was always afraid I could never git gud at this but fuck it it's on my wishlist now.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
I bought it, but most of the people I've told it about have acted like... Well, Dicks about it.

Don't understand the hate toward the game. When I didn't own it, I would have looked further into it if people told me it was good. But... Eeh.

If peeps want to play with me when I'm around, Toss me a PM, I'll add you on Steam. Working together with voip is heaps better than "solo."

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
BeerTent said:
I bought it, but most of the people I've told it about have acted like... Well, Dicks about it.
That's pretty weird, I've never seen hate toward the game, only praise. It really is super fun. What did the dicks say?

Cheesy Goodness

Aug 24, 2009
I enjoyed it immensely over the weekend. I don't think I've bought a game so fast in my life. To say that its really good would be an understatement. It feels like it is easy pick up and play, but hard to master. Best of all, the community seems very cordial. Rocket League cannot be recommended enough by me.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Living_Brain said:
BeerTent said:
That's pretty weird, I've never seen hate toward the game, only praise. It really is super fun. What did the dicks say?
Eeh, the ts channel just felt a little hostile.

Sadly, I'm working the next little while, but I'll add ya to steam and toss you a line. East coast noob here. :3