Rockstar Assures us: GTA V's PC Release Date is Unchanged

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Rockstar Assures us: GTA V's PC Release Date is Unchanged

Rockstar has assured its PC fans that the PC version of GTA V is still set for release on January 27.

Steam store listing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/grand%20theft%20auto%20v?os=grand+theft+auto+v] has had the January 27 date removed, and replaced with "Early 2015".

Thankfully, when the issue was raised in the official Rockstar forums [https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203998386-gta-v-PC-is-delayed-], an official Rockstar poster confirmed that the release date has not been changed. "GTA V will be coming to PC on January 27th. We have not announced any changes to this date at this time," posted Rockstar employee Scott E.

Hopefully, this has put PC gamers minds at ease, who must at this point feel just a little bit slighted by Rockstar. For the longest time, the developer absolutely refused to comment on the existence of a PC version of the game, even when rumors of its cancellation surfaced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137135-Rumor-Rockstar-Games-Cancels-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-for-PC-Delays-PS4-Xbox-One-GTAV].

Now that Rockstar is finally delivering the game (albeit, over a year late), are you PC gamers still excited for it? To me, it seems like a case of too little too late, which is a bit of a shame, because I'm sure Rockstar will be quick to attribute the game's inevitable poor PC sales to piracy, rather than its lateness.

That said, the fact that PC gamers are still actively playing GTA IV and making wacky mods for it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123162-GTA-IVs-Iron-Man-Mod-Is-Exactly-What-You-Hope-It-Is] does give me hope for the future of the latest installment.

Source: International Business Times [https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203998386-gta-v-PC-is-delayed-]

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
still not a 100% if i should get this game. pretty much gave up playing the series since SA. also worried that the pc port could be bad. so i think i just wait and see. and if it has a FPS view as we saw earlier, then it really could be a consideration to get it.

Liam Steel

Oct 12, 2014
He says they have not announced any changes at this time that's far from an a comforting assurance, he could announce tommorow the date being pushed back to March 31st and he will not have have been lieing. But I'll keep waiting either way, what else am I to do?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Eh, I got it on PS3 as I wasn't willing to wait, now they can wait for it to go cheap before I buy it on Pc. I'm sick of that crap.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
Still looking forward to it but expect a bad port so I'll probably give it a bit of time before grabbing it.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I haven't played a GTA game since II, so I'll probably give this a miss as well.

"GTA V will be coming to PC on January 27th. We have not announced any changes to this date at this time,"
"We have not announced any changes to this date at this time,"
"to this date at this time,"

Is that merely typo or ..covering all bases..?

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
Yeah it's a bit too late now. If it had came out back when the current gen versions came out I probably would've gotten it but now there's too much other stuff coming out for me to care about it. I'll just wait for it to reach like $20 during a sale.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Soooooooooooooooo, they pretty much allowed themselves the wiggle room to back out of the release date at the last moment?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So, where are those PC requirements you promised will be delivered 2 weeks ago, rockstar?

Vendor-Lazarus said:
Is that merely typo or ..covering all bases..?
Its rockstar, so covering all bases all the time.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
If it's a good port, I'll buy in the first week. If it's a bad port, I'll ignore it until either Rockstar or the ever intrepid community of modders fixes it. I'm not going to put up with an extremely late buggy release, even if they weren't sitting on their hands in between the last gen and current gen releases. First person mode required no small amount of work.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
RicoADF said:
Eh, I got it on PS3 as I wasn't willing to wait, now they can wait for it to go cheap before I buy it on Pc. I'm sick of that crap.
Wasn't willing to wait for the extra features it has compared to the PS3/360 version? Hmm, I don't think your purchase was the wisest decision you've made.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I'm buying it (again) on PC only because my brother and I could finally play multiplayer together. We don't both have PS4's, but we do both have gaming PC's, so I'll just trade in my PS4 copy for a little credit for something else.

I was one of those people that swore they would eagerly wait for the PC version, but then the PS4 version came out, and I had just got my PS4 only 3 days earlier and the only games I got with it were Killzone: Shadowfall, Battlefield 4, and CoD: Advanced Warfare. Returned Advanced Warfare the next day brand new since it was so terrible and used that to buy GTAV. That first person view just became too enticing for me.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Yep!

And Heists will be out by the end of spring 2014!

Oh, wait.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Until I've seen Digital Foundry's face-off, Total Biscuit's Port Report and the general opinion I won't even think of buying the port. I don't want to pay £40 for a game I've completed if the port isn't at least at MP3's standard. If Rockstar can't make a decent PC port when they've had over a year to make it then they shouldn't deserve any of my money.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
And Heists will be out by the end of spring 2014!
LOL yeah I remember seeing that post over at Rockstar's newswire. With each release Rockstar have been cagier each time. Last Gen release we had videos and screen shots and confirmed dates months and months in advance, current gen release we got a video and a confirmed release date around a month before it's actual release and now it seems the PC version has no official tech specs, no in game footage and no pre order (read fully official release date) and how long is left, 19 days?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
mad825 said:
Wasn't willing to wait for the extra features it has compared to the PS3/360 version? Hmm, I don't think your purchase was the wisest decision you've made.
There was no guarantee for a PC version (this was back on release date of PS3/360 version), also I do like having GTA on a console (have GTA IV on PC and PS3). Just means PC copy waits till it goes down in price, which considering the shoddy quality of GTA IV I wasn't going to roll the dice of full price.