Rockstar Endorses 10 User-Created GTA Online Jobs

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Rockstar Endorses 10 User-Created GTA Online Jobs

The first batch of user-created missions in GTA Online is now live on all platforms, with the Rockstar seal of approval.

The GTA Online content creation kit was released just two weeks ago, and in that time Rockstar's players have created over a million custom missions. Take a second to wrap your head around that number, then come back. With so much user-created content out there, it's going to get hard to find the really great ones - so Rockstar is doing the dirty work for you. The initial batch of "Rockstar Verified" user-created jobs has been released, legitimizing 10 of the best custom missions.

The package includes six races and four deathmatches, from a mountain obstacle course to a close-quarters brawl in the local prison. These jobs were pulled from both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, and were previously only available to players with the same console as the creator. Now, though, they're official GTA Online content, playable on both consoles and distinguished with the Rockstar seal of approval.

Rockstar will continue to appraise user-created jobs, with "many, many more" officially-endorsed jobs in the coming weeks and months. You can expect the custom content to get even more creative as players get familiar with the tools, too. If you'd prefer to look before you leap into the new content, you can get an overview on the ten Verified maps over on Rockstar's website [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52013/the-first-rockstar-verified-gta-online-jobs.html].

Source: Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52013/the-first-rockstar-verified-gta-online-jobs.html]

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
This is a win-win for everyone:

-Players get a target to achieve with their Custom Jobs as well as a Benchmark to reach.

-Rockstar get's good press for basically letting others do their job for them, allowing them to focus on Patch fixes and DLC!

Prismo

Nov 8, 2013
Diablo1099 said:
This is a win-win for everyone:

-Players get a target to achieve with their Custom Jobs as well as a Benchmark to reach.

-Rockstar get's good press for basically letting others do their job for them, allowing them to focus on Patch fixes and DLC!
I agree. And, since people are creating their own new races and deathmatches, the DLC won't be just new multiplayer levels but hopefully a focus on single player and whole new areas (North Yankton, Liberty City) for GTA:O

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Prismo said:
I agree. And, since people are creating their own new races and deathmatches, the DLC won't be just new multiplayer levels but hopefully a focus on single player and whole new areas (North Yankton, Liberty City) for GTA:O
Totally, though I'd squee if they actually made an official mode that made GTA Races (Missiles and Boosts) with only Go-karts :p

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I hope they fix the issues that plague GTAO because stuff like this makes me think R* for all its faults knows how to keep fans happy in-between patches.
Plus they might not be creating the content here, but they certainly are doing the legwork to find the best fan-made content which at over a million created is no small task. So they must have a decent team dedicated to testing fan-content, probably makes QA feel like a walk in the park.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Although I don't ever plan to play this game, it's really great to see when a company does something nice for their consumers.