Rockstar Games Will Announce New Games "Soon"

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rockstar Games Will Announce New Games "Soon"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1323/1323562.jpgTake-Two has confirmed that Rockstar Games is working on some new projects, and they'll be announcing them "soon."

One of the more reliable sources of information on upcoming projects in the world of video games are company earnings reports and calls. Companies have a vested interest in keeping their stockholders updated on what's being worked on, and it's not unusual to learn about a new game during one of these calls. Of course, sometimes all you learn is that a game exists, but not what it is.

That's what happened with Take-Two's earnings call this week. There was a simple sentence in the call that mentioned Rockstar, but it's full of possibility. That sentence was, "Rockstar Games is of course hard at work on some exciting future projects that will be revealed soon."

With E3 right around the corner, that's a very interesting statement. There have been plenty of rumors about a Red Dead Redemption sequel [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166796-What-We-Want-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2], and even a few about a follow-up to Bully. Later in the same call, Take-Two president Karl Slatoff said that Take-Two is working on new IP to diversify the company, but he did not clarify if that applied to Rockstar's projects or not.

Hopefully, we'll hear about Rockstar's plans at E3 next month, but even if something new is announced, there's nothing on the announced list of titles [http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2169446] for this fiscal year from the GTA developer, so it will likely be next year before anything hits stores.

So, what would you like to see from Rockstar at E3? Is it Red Dead Redemption 2, or Bully, or something completely different? If it's new IP, what you you like Rockstar to make? Tell us in the forums!

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
You know, I used to imagine a magical time when Games Announcements came when games were being announced. Nowadays, everything's an announcement for an announcement or a teaser before an actual teaser.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Really not sure what kind of game I want from Rockstar. They're obviously good at making open world games, but I would like to see them attempt something like Max Payne 3 again.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ah...the ol' vague announcement of an announcement. And here is a comment acknowledging the announcement of an announcement. Yes, i feel ashamed. :*(

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I'd like to see another Midnight Club sequel with a Character Creation option that doesn't suck like GTAO.

Also maybe have it set in 1979. Because the 1980s ruined Muscle Cars.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I don't mind it when its Bethesda. Cause its always an Elder Scrolls game. Rockstar isn't so obvious like they are though.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Can we not have these types of articles anymore? They aren't exactly entertaining or informative. Just an announcement for an announcement.

Alex V.Sharp

Jan 20, 2011
Unless it's a sequel/prequel/remake of Bungie's Oni I really couldn't care less about what Rockstar does... <_<

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Burnouts3s3 said:
You know, I used to imagine a magical time when Games Announcements came when games were being announced. Nowadays, everything's an announcement for an announcement or a teaser before an actual teaser.
It's not just games. Nowadays, you create an announcement trailer to announce that you're announcing the announcement of pretty much anything. I've seen this done for books, a media which traditionally did not have trailers.

Apr 5, 2008
So...they made an announcement to say that they would be making an announcement and this article is to announce that an announcement of a future announcement has been announced. Fantastic.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
A new uk version of gta would be fucking awesome. Just saying.

Sadly, I suspect it'll be sequels to games that aren't even available in the current gen or worse: hd remasters of the old games (although maybe we'd finally get red dead redemption on pc).

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
I'd love another Max Payne, but I suspect it'll be a Red Dead sequel. Or maybe they'll surprise us all with a new IP.

I don't mind that its an announcement of an announcement. With E3 coming up, its nice to know who's gonna have a showing of something interesting.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Yo dawg I heard you like announcements...

But seriously, considering who we are talking about, I'm glad to know that they are working on something.
I was starting to worry they might have been all killed in a terrible "Scrooge Mcduck Money Bin" accident from all those GTA 5 sales >.>
Bob_McMillan said:
Really not sure what kind of game I want from Rockstar. They're obviously good at making open world games, but I would like to see them attempt something like Max Payne 3 again.
Same, a lot of people hate how grim and depressing the story was but I totally loved every second of it.
I could watch that opening cutscene of Max drinking for hours, they just nailed the theme of a broken man in my opinion.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
For those registered to Rockstar Social Club, if you go to stats page and look at all games that have stats/achievements, there is a game called "Agent" with a note "coming soon". I think this is what they are talking about.

Burnouts3s3 said:
Gota keep the hype up!

Diablo1099 said:
But seriously, considering who we are talking about, I'm glad to know that they are working on something.
I was starting to worry they might have been all killed in a terrible "Scrooge Mcduck Money Bin" accident from all those GTA 5 sales >.>
Last i heard they were helping Mafia III devs with their openworld design. Completely coincidentally Mafia III looks very close to GTA5. Its a coincidence i tell you!