Rockstar Pass Gives L.A. Noire DLC Discount

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rockstar Pass Gives L.A. Noire DLC Discount

Rockstar Games has explained the mysterious Rockstar Pass along with official details on L.A. Noire's DLC.

Before the release of "Rockstar Pass" [http://www.amazon.com/L-Noire-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5UQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306865954&sr=8-1] was made in an Xbox Live release schedule, but when the game launched there was no such Rockstar Pass to be found. Rockstar has revealed that the Rockstar Pass is a very real thing and it'll give L.A. Noire players a discount on the game's DLC.

Rockstar's first wave of L.A. Noire DLC will include four unique cases, two detective suits, and a collectible challenge. Each will be sold separately, but if players purchase the Rockstar Pass for its current limited-time price of $10 (which will go up to $12 after the current discount period ends), they'll get access to all of the DLC as it's released without having to put out another dime.

The cases will be priced at $4, the collectible challenge at $2, and the suits at $1 each (convert to your favorite form of console funny money). Nabbing the Rockstar Pass now ensures a 50% discount. Considering this stuff is going up for sale anyway, that's not bad, eh?

Rockstar has also announced an exclusive suit for members of the Rockstar Social Club and a free Chicago Piano Machine Gun unlock for all players of the game. Here's the full DLC release schedule for both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live:

L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) - May 31
"The Naked City" DLC case - May 31
"A Slip of The Tongue" DLC case - May 31
Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - May 31
Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - May 31
The Badge Pursuit Challenge - May 31
Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) - May 31
L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) - June 14
"Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" DLC case - June 21
"Reefer Madness" DLC case - July 12.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Sounds like a good Idea I guess, a kinda quick pull of the bandage instead of slowly tearing it off over the months to come. On a side note to Devs these days.

Keep your hands away from my tits, I don't want to be milked by you guys anymore.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
And didn't some of this stuff come with retail specific pre-orders?
Are they trying to confuse people into giving them more money?
Now I'm really pleased with my decision to rent this now and (maybe) buy the goty later.

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
Ah, Reefer Madness. I get the reference, and that makes me feel smart. That film was hilarious, the original and the musical parody.

Mushroom 118i

Jan 21, 2009
This is a pretty sweet deal, and enough of it comes in the first bunch that it doesn't feel like you've just spend a bunch on an initial bunch of nothing. I approve, picked it up already.

RetardedKitty

May 17, 2011
Wait so this limited ticket is till today ? God sake im getting money tomorrow ;/ i didn't notice it before ;/

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
So the Gamestop exclusives....weren't that exclusive afterall...if exclusivity means 2 weeks these days. Got the Badge challenge and Naked City case already :(

Mar 20, 2010
Wow. all the exclusives i think, in one pack. Sure as hell buying this one

(already got it, downloading the vice case.)

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
This pre-order stuff is getting better and better; The main game is simply amazing, and the best part is as soon as the Playstation Network starts up, I've got more games to play.

Altogether, Rockstar is really the company to be, because I'm not disappointed by too much of their products.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Hmm... I think I'll pass on it.

I'll wait till the inevitable disc form of all the content in one a la Episodes from Liberty City. I'm tired of having content restricted to only one of my consoles.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Grrrr... debating if I should purchase this now, and simply have it available for when I finally have L.A. Noire in my library. Every review, every snippet of info I come across just makes me want to play this more and more. And yet, the tightened pursestrings just won't allow a $60+ purchase for a game. ::sigh::

FoolKiller said:
Hmm... I think I'll pass on it.

I'll wait till the inevitable disc form of all the content in one a la Episodes from Liberty City. I'm tired of having content restricted to only one of my consoles.
Mmmmmm... Good point. Maybe they'll have confirmation of a compilation disk in development by Christmas (for Summer 2012 release).

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
'The Naked City' was a DLC only mission that you got if you pre-ordered the game, but why? The mission actually contains elements witch contribute to the main story, so why cut it out and make it exclusive? It really wasn't all that long either. I dunno if I'll get this.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
MajorDolphin said:
Wow.. they didn't even include this pass with the retail version of the game?
...Why should they?

OT: It's a pretty good deal actually. Saves 10 bucks on the game's DLC. I wish more developers would do it this way.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Didn't pre-order the game, so I'm glad this came out. I'm looking forward to the new cases. God, this game is great.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
And so begins the long, slippery slope into half-done games with full price. I wouldn't have minded so much if the Rockstar Pass was available to those who purchased the game new to begin with.