Rockstar Price Hike and the Steam Sale

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
So it seems Rockstar hiked the price of GTAV in advance of the steam sale so that with the discount the game is actually going for the normal RRP. It seems they have bundled in some stupid in game money cards to justify this too and you cant buy just the game by itself.

Anyone else a little pissed off about this? I dont like the precident this sets.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
I can't muster the rage considering these are the same assholes who put a two year old game on Steam for full price just because they added some first-person mode.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Pirate Of PC Master race said:
This is already standard practice when it comes to... pretty much anything in real life.

I am not particularly surprised.
Yep, I love it when you got to a store that has a "75% off sale!!" and find something that still has the old price tag on it. The look on the cashier's face is priceless.

Pretty shitty thing to do, mind, but I usually assume everyone does that

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Yeah this will soon be standard and has been going on for a while here and there.
Plain and simple it's there to scam you into a "great deal" that is nothing of the sort, most stores do that shit these days so in the current society it still comes back to "good business" by swindling you to the edge of legality.