Rockstar Reveals More Grand Theft Auto V Screens

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Wow, this looks much better visually than GTA IV. I want a variety of terrain, and this could well deliver. I think one of the major flaws of IV was that it lacked things to do. The city was quite boring and did not fulfill expectations of an open world game. It was too aesthetically brown and relied on novelty features such as "internet" and text messaging and companion activities, and as a result over-extended itself. This looks brilliant and fresh, but proper gameplay footage will be needed.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
GenGenners said:
I'm gonna be the kill-joy here and point out that because of the old man console tech holding games back, GTA V will not be as good as it could potentially be. Lots of corners will have been cut, I'm telling you that right now, especially if they're going with this level of high graphical quality.

Tell me this game is at least 20 GB in size Rockstar, and just maybe I'll be happier.
Well, Max Payne 3 was 35 GB and it was a linear shooter :p

I hope they do a good job at porting it to the PC as they did with MP3.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
keiskay said:
so i wonder how they are gonna make it so the game can look that pretty and massive without setting any console or PC on fire.
While doing it is another story, what needs to be done is a no-brainer. Just give ample graphics options for PC gamers and produce an efficient data streaming system for the consoles.

Blarkuntvhite

Feb 19, 2011
leixinai said:
The parachute makes me think of Just Cause 2... which is an awesome game, but I'm not sure if I want a GTA version of it.
But parachutes were in The Ballad of Gay Tony, weren't they?

Does the tennis court shot remind anyone else of L.A. Noire? I think it's the color scheme, I dunno.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
odBilal said:
GenGenners said:
I'm gonna be the kill-joy here and point out that because of the old man console tech holding games back, GTA V will not be as good as it could potentially be. Lots of corners will have been cut, I'm telling you that right now, especially if they're going with this level of high graphical quality.

Tell me this game is at least 20 GB in size Rockstar, and just maybe I'll be happier.

What? How long was MP3? That makes no sense, where's that info from?

If that's true, then it puts MP3 up in FFXIII and Killzone 3 territory, or in other words, one of the biggest games of this console generation! Somehow I doubt that is the real figure.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Stalydan said:
GonzoGamer said:
"Cousin! Let's go play tennis."
*click
"Cousin!...Cousin?
What?
Not played GTA 4 by any chance?

Roman's always calling on your mobile asking you to go bowling, or go for a drink or do essentially anything other than what you're trying to do at that exact moment. Hes like a fat Navi. And he refers to you as cousin. Hence GonzoGamer's post.

odBilal

Feb 7, 2009
GenGenners said:
odBilal said:
GenGenners said:

If that's true, then it puts MP3 up in FFXIII and Killzone 3 territory, or in other words, one of the biggest games of this console generation! Somehow I doubt that is the real figure.
I dont know if it is the same for the console version but on the PC it was 35GB big.
system req
I think most of it was because of the animations and probalby uncompressed audio and video files.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Fasckira said:
Stalydan said:
GonzoGamer said:
*click
"Cousin!...Cousin?
What?

Roman's always calling on your mobile asking you to go bowling, or go for a drink or do essentially anything other than what you're trying to do at that exact moment. Hes like a fat Navi. And he refers to you as cousin. Hence GonzoGamer's post.
Now that Roman and GTA IV have been mentioned, it makes a lot more sense now xD Thanks for clearing that up.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
odBilal said:
GenGenners said:
odBilal said:
GenGenners said:

I dont know if it is the same for the console version but on the PC it was 35GB big.
system req
I think most of it was because of the animations and probalby uncompressed audio and video files.
Mmmmmmm.........uncompressed audio and video files. The double-D in lingerie of the nerd world :D

Still, I just want Rockstar to reassure us that despite console limits, they're still making the game they want to make.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Now, let's hope the PC port is as good as Max Payne 3's so I can actually play it this time. 25fps at MEDIUM settings on a PC that can play Metro 2033 at max at about 40-60fps

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Where is the screen shot of me listening to my brother's nagging over the phone while I'm in the middle of a shootout with a 4 star police force?

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
We keep seeing more and more country side... Is it possible that it's not going to be confined to just Los Santos? Is it possible we're getting a full on San Andreas?

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Stalydan said:
Fasckira said:
Stalydan said:
GonzoGamer said:
*click
"Cousin!...Cousin?
What?

Now that Roman and GTA IV have been mentioned, it makes a lot more sense now xD Thanks for clearing that up.
I personally think it would have been more clear if he'd spelled it "CAH-ZIN!" instead.

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
It seems like Rockstar released 4 more new screens here's one of them my god it's beautiful!