Rogue Legacy Update Unleashes Five New Bosses

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Rogue Legacy Update Unleashes Five New Bosses

Rogue Legacy's latest free patch upgrades the game's random dungeon in just about every way.

Bug fixes are nice and all, but you can't beat the joy of seeing a batch of fresh new content in a free update. Patch 1.2 for Rogue Legacy is one of those updates, enhancing just about every aspect of the game in some way, shape, or form. And since this is a sadistic roguelike kind of game, some of that new content takes the form of new boss monsters who would like nothing more but to send your intrepid adventurer straight back to level one.

Rogue Legacy v1.2.0 includes five new bosses, which will be even more obnoxiously difficult than their predecessors. "These are not casual battles," the developers warn, "and only the best will succeed." To help prepare for these encounters, you'll also find a new secret character class (which is described as "pretty uber") and four new traits for your randomly generated characters. The dungeon itself will now be constructed from a larger pool of challenges, with 28 new rooms increasing level variety by about 10%.

Of course the patch also includes a small mountain of bug fixes and balance tweaks (characters with irritable bowel syndrome now fart slightly less often, among other changes). Work on the game is still continuing, with the next update aiming to add Steam Cloud support for saves.

Source: Cellar Door Games [http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905]

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Damn you rogue legacy! Just when I thought I completed 100% of your content you go and suck me back in. Oh well time to go exploring and conquering more castles!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
WHY!? Why would you do this to me? I've only beaten two of your bosses and now you throw another five at me? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!?

EDIT: Also, I downloaded this game on the Humble Store, how would I go about getting this update?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Hmmm.. sounds good, but I'm not sure it's enough to bring me back to the game. New areas would do it, but new bosses? I dunno.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
GOG hasn't put the update up yet. Lucky for me, I haven't had the opportunity to play the game yet, so I think I'll wait for the update and then get the full experience. :)

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
... I haven't even beat the first boss. I spent so long trying to unlock everything in the castle that I burnt out and stopped playing.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
I couldn't even beat the first boss let alone the rest...

Also, I'm glad that developers are so willing to roll out these updates without need to pay for them.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Tenmar said:
The ONE game I 100% and beat THREE times gets ADDED CONTENT?!

Oh come the fuck on here X_X. Well at least they didn't add any achievements or any of that crap because I'd just have a heart attack. Here I was hoping I'd end the family curse.
They added several new achievements. I'm not complaining because the game is fun as all hell, and they also balanced the hell out of NG+ modes.

For anyone curious, the new bosses are quite hard. You get your character swapped out for a completely different character that's tailor-made to the arena and boss, with his own equipment, runes, and stats. On the bright side, if you die, you don't lose anything and you go right back outside the boss room with the door still open even, so you can just hop back up and try again.

moggett88

May 2, 2013
StriderShinryu said:
Hmmm.. sounds good, but I'm not sure it's enough to bring me back to the game. New areas would do it, but new bosses? I dunno.
From reading the changelog, they're reskins of the old bosses. So, even easier to make your mind up I guess!

I come back to it from time to time as it is, as something to do to pass a few minutes before leaving the house. New content is always welcome :)

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Lancer873 said:
For anyone curious, the new bosses are quite hard. You get your character swapped out for a completely different character that's tailor-made to the arena and boss, with his own equipment, runes, and stats. On the bright side, if you die, you don't lose anything and you go right back outside the boss room with the door still open even, so you can just hop back up and try again.
You can't just dwarf dragon everything to death anymore? Man, some people are gonna be pissed.

I can't seem to find this new secret character class. It must be a secret or something.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
kailus13 said:
I can't seem to find this new secret character class. It must be a secret or something.
Given that this post was made a few days ago you may have found it but in case you haven't, it's at the top of the flag pole. it's hidden above the manor.

OT: I really don't like the new class, too hard for me to control properly and not being able to attack constantly is a big drawback. I might one day get to the new bosses but damn, I tried a couple and they were freaking hard.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
SSJBlastoise said:
kailus13 said:
Given that this post was made a few days ago you may have found it but in case you haven't, it's at the top of the flag pole. it's hidden above the manor.

OT: I really don't like the new class, too hard for me to control properly and not being able to attack constantly is a big drawback. I might one day get to the new bosses but damn, I tried a couple and they were freaking hard.
If you mean the dragon class, then that's always been there. It's realy good for beating bosses, but not much else. Apparently the new class is only unlocked after you beat all the new bosses.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
kailus13 said:
SSJBlastoise said:
If you mean the dragon class, then that's always been there. It's realy good for beating bosses, but not much else. Apparently the new class is only unlocked after you beat all the new bosses.
Oh wow haha thanks for the heads up then :) I usually just use the barbarian class and tank all of the damage.