Role-Playing Grandmother Misses Release of Dragon Quest VI

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Someone better have the decency to place a copy on her resting place. What a truly sad story. but at the same time sort of inspirational. I better get my backlog here. Life is too short. And you just never know.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
That is most unfortunate and such a sad tale to hear. I hope she ends up wherever she wants if there is an afterlife, doing what she loves most.

I think this serves a valuable lesson to game companies though:

1. Cut the insanity act, you can release games within, oh I don't know, less than a decade. Counts doubly so simple remakes and region ports.

2. You had better hurry up on your "magnum opus" or whatever it is; push your luck and your fanbase (e.g. us) will be dead before release. Crank up the depression meter to eleven procrastinators, thanks a lot...

This article does have me seriously wonder if similar experiences were tragically shared while waiting for Starcraft 2.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Ow... my good mood, I'm sad now.

That's about as depressing as this.

Alright that made me even more sad... I'm gonna go watch the ride in Daleks video again.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Wow im actually gettin teary eyed but where ever she is now i hope whereever she is now she is playing that game.. this actually makes me wanna go buy those few games i bee putting off to buy for awhile never know when u wnt be able to play'em again.

Edit: after readin this i just wanna call my Gran-ma ad tell her i love her.

Sugarman101

Jan 8, 2011
We all die before something amazing happens, we can only hope that we've seen plenty of amazing things along the way. Regardless of what you might see, I don't think that living forever would be all it was cracked up to be.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Bloodstain said:
Wow. Now that's unfortunate timing.

I feel bad for her.
icyneesan said:
Depressing news has left me in despair.

OHMIGAWD SLIME PLUSHIE!
Two users... with the same avatar?!

THERE IS AN IMPOSTER AMONG US!

OT: That sucks for her. And I would hate to miss an elder scrolls game as well.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
ultrachicken said:
Bloodstain said:
Wow. Now that's unfortunate timing.

I feel bad for her.
icyneesan said:
Depressing news has left me in despair.

OHMIGAWD SLIME PLUSHIE!
Two users... with the same avatar?!

THERE IS AN IMPOSTER AMONG US!

OT: That sucks for her. And I would hate to miss an elder scrolls game as well.
I'm certain I was first. :mad:
Plus, my avatar has those fancy exclamation marks, his does not.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Damn you Escapist news! Making me feel depressed.

Anyways, may the grandmother rest in piece.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Irridium said:
Wow, thats... wow.

I'm sad now...
Where's your other avatar???
[sub]The new one's still cool and kinda speaks for itself to people asking you that xD[/sub]

That is sad news and just goes to show her dedication, she will not die in vain for she can play it in the after-life! Maybe they'll bury it with her?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
TriggerHappyAngel said:
I sure hope that they have games in heaven
I don't know about heaven, but I'm pretty sure the devil's got a golden PlayStation 2 and the Grand Theft Auto Triple Pack (with the Hot Coffee mod on San Andreas) waiting for Jack Thompson in Hell.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Has this been announced for the UK yet? I recall 4 and 5 getting no hype and simply being released. Yet this one isn't even up on Amazon or anything.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If they release DNF we are all going to die the day before it's released, there's no two ways about it.

IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE FINISHED.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
And now time to call my own grandmother.

That's...well, today is officially Monday now.
Thanks for the depressing news. But I hope she gets the golden copy in heaven.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Wow.... I am saddened by this. To die JUST before you get the opportunity you've wanted so badly to experience... How depressing.

Rest in peace, Edith Jeter. May the angels (or Zenithians or Celestrians) comfort your spirit in the afterlife.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
Considering my grandmother RAISED me and took care of me while my mom was trying to go to school and work to support a child as a single woman, I would give anything to be HALF the woman she is. Not to mention she ran a foster home that took in over 300 foster children in a 40 year timeframe. She was known as the mother of the unwanted since she took in the hardest cases and prenatal and post partum teenage girls, foster children other homes turned away. She also instilled a love of video games music and reading in a child that was deemed too troublesome to work with.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean it as an insult towards your grandmother- I just saw some hilarity in a Goth saying "they will be depressed".