Rolf Harris Guilty Of 12 Counts Of Indecent Assault

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
Rolf Harris Guilty Of 12 Counts Of Indecent Assault



Justice has been served, albeit belatedly, as cartoonist and entertainer Rolf Harris has been convicted in a British court of 12 counts of indecent assault going back decades and involving numerous minors. His victims include a friend of his daughter, who he sexually assaulted from the time she was 13 until she was 19.

Harris was arrested along with several other media personalities, including Gary Glitter, for questioning in March, 2013 as part of Operation Yewtree, the investigation that ultimately uncovered numerous instances of child sexual abuse by British television presenter Jimmy Savile. Harris wasn't charged at the time, but evidence collected during the investigation of uncovered unrelated allegations of sexual assault against Him. He strenuously denied any wrongdoing, but was arrested again in August, 2013 on charges of abuse that occurred during the 1980s. As the investigation went on, more victims came forward. Found guilty today, he will be sentenced on Friday.

The BBC has a complete list of charges here [http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28094561]. (Be warned that the charges are as disturbing as they are disgusting.)

Though relatively unknown in the US, Harris is famous in the UK and Australia for a career spanning decades as an actor, musician and television personality. Originally from Perth, Australia, he's also an artist who has hosted numerous tv shows based around his cartooning. Among the characters he created is Oliver Polip the Octopus, pictured above. Most recently, he hosted a BBC series called Rolf on Art, which aired on a recurring basis from 2001 to 2011. A special episode of the series broadcast in 2006 featured his creation of a commissioned impressionist portrait of Queen Elizabeth.

No word on how Her Majesty feels about the painting in light of today's events.

Source: Bleeding Cool [http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/30/rolf-harris-one-of-the-worlds-most-famous-cartoonists-found-guilty-on-12-counts-of-indecent-assault/].


Permalink
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,371
0
0
I'm not even gonna click on that link. That guy just screams pedo. Disgusting that stuff like this still exists.
 

votemarvel

Regular Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
1,353
2
13
Country
England
Another icon of my childhood revealed for the sicko he is.

As much as I hate seeing my childhood dashed, I'm glad the victims can now get the justice they deserve.
 

Someone Depressing

New member
Jan 16, 2011
2,417
0
0
Wow, another important element of my British childhood, turned to ash and tinder.

I mean, it's good that all these people are coming forward about being molested, and it's good that they're getting the help they need now, but I think I'm just going to have to admit to myself that my entire childhood I've looked up to disgusting pedophiles and everything I've ever loved and idolised is a hollow lie.

It's great that the victims are finally getting the justice they deserve. My childhood comes second. I'll cry about that later in five minutes.
 

Saetha

New member
Jan 19, 2014
824
0
0
*Sigh* And yet more of this terrible business comes to light. Well, it's good that we're getting justice done, at least. Better late than never.

(On a probably inappropriate side note, that title's a bit weird. I saw it and thought "What the hell's indecent assault? I know of indecent exposure and I know of sexual assault, but this? Did he strip naked and punch someone or something?)
 

PunkRex

New member
Feb 19, 2010
2,533
0
0
I used to stay up late with my mum and sister to watch Animal Hospital every Wednesday... gawddammit...
 

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
3,307
0
0
votemarvel said:
Another icon of my childhood revealed for the sicko he is.

As much as I hate seeing my childhood dashed, I'm glad the victims can now get the justice they deserve.
Is it really justice though?

That's the thing with crimes like this. Yes, they get a tiny bit of solace that he's paying his dues, but look how long this took. I figure this news...doesn't really mean much to the victims anymore.
 

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
18,847
0
0
[quote/]Originally from Perth, Australia[/quote]
huh?....I didn't know that.. (my city)


RaikuFA said:
I'm not even gonna click on that link. That guy just screams pedo. Disgusting that stuff like this still exists.
really? he just looks like everyone favorite grandpa

I'm not trying to defend him...but when the whole thing with Woody Allen blew up a bunch of people talked about how he "looked like a pedo/skeevy" and I'm like....is my pedar broken?

things like this are really sad for everyone, because on one hand youve got those who will defend him to no end mostly because they DON'T want to belive such a thing is true...not for an Icon like him, they don't want his work to be tainted for them...which is sad because the victims are the ones who come under fire from suporters. When all this was going on my Mum said men of his generation just kind of did what they wanted.
 

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
807
0
0
RossaLincoln said:
No word on how Her Majesty feels about the painting in light of today's events.
"We wondered why he asked Us to pose with those naked cherubs! Well, this certainly won't do."
 

C.S.Strowbridge

New member
Jul 22, 2010
330
0
0
Dragonbums said:
votemarvel said:
Another icon of my childhood revealed for the sicko he is.

As much as I hate seeing my childhood dashed, I'm glad the victims can now get the justice they deserve.
Is it really justice though?

That's the thing with crimes like this. Yes, they get a tiny bit of solace that he's paying his dues, but look how long this took. I figure this news...doesn't really mean much to the victims anymore.
It will also help others come forward with their own stories and that might prevent others from being abused.
 

MrHide-Patten

New member
Jun 10, 2009
1,309
0
0
Geuss all those paint commercials have gotta find a new spokesperson. Damn shame too, didn't know he was a cartoonist though, only recognised the face and the name. Just sorta struck as, oh it's that guy, what's his face...
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,371
0
0
Vault101 said:
[quote/]Originally from Perth, Australia
huh?....I didn't know that.. (my city)


RaikuFA said:
I'm not even gonna click on that link. That guy just screams pedo. Disgusting that stuff like this still exists.
really? he just looks like everyone favorite grandpa

I'm not trying to defend him...but when the whole thing with Woody Allen blew up a bunch of people talked about how he "looked like a pedo/skeevy" and I'm like....is my pedar broken?

things like this are really sad for everyone, because on one hand youve got those who will defend him to no end mostly because they DON'T want to belive such a thing is true...not for an Icon like him, they don't want his work to be tainted for them...which is sad because the victims are the ones who come under fire from suporters. When all this was going on my Mum said men of his generation just kind of did what they wanted.[/quote]

Probably because this is the first time I've seen him and the photo makes him look like he just picked his next victim in the audience.
 

JimB

New member
Apr 1, 2012
2,180
0
0
In a way, I pity pedophiles. Pretty much every human being has a hardwired need to be touched and to sexually express oneself, so finding that the objects of your basic human need are children has to be, if not horrific to discover, then at least a lifelong struggle to contain.

Of course, once you cross the line and victimize a child, that pity I possess dries up rapidly.

Dragonbums said:
Yes, they get a tiny bit of solace that he's paying his dues, but look how long this took. I figure this news...doesn't really mean much to the victims anymore.
I don't want to start a fight over what people neither of us have met must be feeling, particularly when we're arguing about how they must feel about having been molested, but I will personally assume that the victims cannot help but feel that the abuse they endured is a life-defining event, and that seeing their attacker brought to justice will not be a magical wand that will cure whatever traumas they suffer but will offer some measure of comfort.
 

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
18,847
0
0
RaikuFA said:
Probably because this is the first time I've seen him and the photo makes him look like he just picked his next victim in the audience.
ah, in that picture yeah

but to me he was the soft spoken grandfatherly guy who painted the queen
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
JimB said:
In a way, I pity pedophiles. Pretty much every human being has a hardwired need to be touched and to sexually express oneself, so finding that the objects of your basic human need are children has to be, if not horrific to discover, then at least a lifelong struggle to contain.
This. being born a pedofile must be a hard burdenr to bear. your evolution worked millions of years to reinforce sex as a good thing and here suddenly you are being told your instincts are all wrong. That must be very challenging to overcome. Not that it excuses them from doing these crimes, but pedos rarely do it "Because their evil".
 

lunavixen

New member
Jan 2, 2012
841
0
0
I'd always thought there was something off about him, but I never expected something like this.

I'm glad justice has been served, as late as it is, but I hope it gives other victims of sexual crimes the courage to come forward about their own attackers.
 
Mar 26, 2008
3,429
0
0
When I was in primary school kids used to make lewd jokes about his songs 'Two Little Boys' (with their two little toys) and 'Jake The Peg' (with his extra leg). Now I regret it. Rolf Harris and Robert Hughes from 'Hey Dad'; man there goes some of the innocence from my childhood. I hope they fucken rot for what they did to those kids.
 

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
14,774
661
118
Someone Depressing said:
Wow, another important element of my British childhood, turned to ash and tinder.

I mean, it's good that all these people are coming forward about being molested, and it's good that they're getting the help they need now, but I think I'm just going to have to admit to myself that my entire childhood I've looked up to disgusting pedophiles and everything I've ever loved and idolised is a hollow lie.

It's great that the victims are finally getting the justice they deserve. My childhood comes second. I'll cry about that later in five minutes.
Eh, I'm surprised that nobody (yet) has gone the other route, claiming he must be innocent cause they liked him when they were young.
 

J Tyran

New member
Dec 15, 2011
2,407
0
0
Sorry but this is a joke, the core of the paedophile ring at the core of British entertainment and politics is still going unpunished. Operation Yewtree has thrown a few of the disgusting bastards like Rolf Harris to the wolves and thats it, its right he finally faces punishment and I am glad he has but its not enough.

What about the dozens or even hundreds of people that must have either ignored or actively allowed Jimmy Saville to do what he did? He had complicity with the government and authorities on so many levels, a government which at the time had a cabinet minister which to this day continually faces accusations about paedophile activities.

Except I cannot post his name as the government and courts slapped an anonymity order on the issue and they are have even tried to sue people for using his name on social media, we know peados work in groups and rings and we know Jimmy Saville had to have had help from the government and authorities to get into those institutions like the NHS, Her Majesty's Prison system and the secure education facilities.

Then you have all the people within those institutions that either turned their backs and ignored what was going on (yeah, young girls where lead one by one for an "interview" in his caravan and any girl that got upset was punished till she shut up) and those that helped him, the authorities have made a show trial of a few of the ones that they couldn't tie to the wider ring with a hoorah about "look we did something" while ignoring the cancer at the core of the old British establishment.
 

J Tyran

New member
Dec 15, 2011
2,407
0
0
l33tness08 said:
J Tyran said:
Sorry but this is a joke, the core of the paedophile ring at the core of British entertainment and politics is still going unpunished. Operation Yewtree has thrown a few of the disgusting bastards like Rolf Harris to the wolves and thats it, its right he finally faces punishment and I am glad he has but its not enough.

What about the dozens or even hundreds of people that must have either ignored or actively allowed Jimmy Saville to do what he did? He had complicity with the government and authorities on so many levels, a government which at the time had a cabinet minister which to this day continually faces accusations about paedophile activities.

Except I cannot post his name as the government and courts slapped an anonymity order on the issue and they are have even tried to sue people for using his name on social media, we know peados work in groups and rings and we know Jimmy Saville had to have had help from the government and authorities to get into those institutions like the NHS, Her Majesty's Prison system and the secure education facilities.

Then you have all the people within those institutions that either turned their backs and ignored what was going on (yeah, young girls where lead one by one for an "interview" in his caravan and any girl that got upset was punished till she shut up) and those that helped him, the authorities have made a show trial of a few of the ones that they couldn't tie to the wider ring with a hoorah about "look we did something" while ignoring the cancer at the core of the old British establishment.
Tinfoil- engaged.
So asking why a man that people knew was a paedophile got access to secure government run institutions like Broadmoor is tinfoil hattery? Only senior authority figures could have given him access, only someone from the cabinet like the Home Office or the Ministry of Justice could have given him open access whenever he wanted (he had keys for ffs) and a fucking house on the premises.

A cabinet which at the time had a MP that keeps facing sexual abuse accusations and who has the protection of the courts to silence the accusers, yeah thats really paranoid tinfoil hattery...