RoosterTeeth has gone anime (new series called RWBY)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So with the last episode of Red Vs Blue that was uploaded yesterday/ last night (which I think will be the end of that series forever well except for PSA related stuff), this was preview at the end of the credit-

(Warning, it contain alot of slicing and decapitation)

This is a surpising turn of event. Before you asked, Monty Oum is not a company but the guy who made all of those non halo engine action scene used in the last few seasons. I mean from the look of it, you assume it to be a game trailer (at the start it remind me of the game Journey) and it's even more suprising that it come from Roosterteeth.
Either way I'm not exactly against it since Burnie (creator of Roosterteeh) did intend to have his company to be ever evolving so I have high hope for this new series.

So what do you think of the preview?

EDIT- If you loved the music used in the trailer, click the youtube page below to get the Itune link to download it-

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I'm very curious to see how this turns out.

The action scenes in the last couple of seasons have been fantastic.

Waffle_Man

Oct 14, 2010
Personally, while I greatly respect what Monty Oum does, I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed anything he's done. It's too flashy to be exciting for me. When characters don't have to obey the laws of gravity, flips have no meaning. When werewolves can be killed with such ease, there is no difference between 2 or 200. When the character hardly looks like they're even trying in combat, I have no need to feel anxious or impressed. Hell, I can't even tell what's going on at the end of it. I will check it out so that it has the chance to impress me with some sort of compelling writing, but I'm not going to be upset or surprised if it's just another excuse for characters to go around and act "badass" in the most surface-oriented way possible.

With that said. I love the idea of Rooster Teeth (or any individual/small enterprise) making anything of substantial production value that isn't based on existing properties and I certainly hope it does well on principle.

Dawn Kaye

Nov 7, 2012
Roosterteeth said they were going to do a season 11 of Red vs Blue. Someone even won a voice over part on season 11 for donating a certain amount of money to on of the RT employee's film.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
That's a lot of rose petals in that animation.

I'm sure Ray will be a fan.

(I've never watched RvB)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
I'm not really sure how much of this is a roosterteeth project and how much is just Monty Oum. He's done stuff like this before, so I'm not sure how involved other members of roosterteeth are going to be. Regardless it looks awesome, looking forward to it.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I think this is more of a Monty Oum project backed by Rooster Teeth than a Rooster Teeth project. Though I barely paid attention to the trailer last night. I was too busy trying to comprehend the randomness that was the plot twist at the end of the season 10 finale.

Carolina is the daughter of Allison and the Director? Whaaaaa?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Easton Dark said:

(I've never watched RvB)
Aha! A fellow Minecraft Let's Play fan?
Personally I have never watched RvB myself either. By the time I'd stumbled across it, it was 9 seasons in and I did not have the time to invest in it. But this looks pretty good so I'll keep an eye out for it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
As you can tell by my avatar, I love anime.

And I love Red Vs Blue, especially the action scenes. So I think I am going to LOVE this new series with a passion. :D

Monty is awesome...
Ray is indeed going to love this.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Monty Oum, automatic +10 to awesome.

Interesting how the lyrics give some additional hints about the show... RWBY: Red, White, Black, Yellow; who they are, what they're generally about, etc.

Even more interesting, this will be Monty's first "solo" project featuring (voice) acting as well as action.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I think this is less a Rooster Teeth production, and more a Monty Oum project. Also, I heard somewhere (you want a source? to bad, I aint got one) that they are planning a Season 11. As I dont have a actual source for this, it may be more hope than fact, but while it seems to have wrapped everything up nice and neat, to imagen the end of RVB...

Jan 12, 2012
Easton Dark said:

(I've never watched RvB)
GOT 'EM!

But seriously, watch some RvB. After a while I started to lose track of what was happening (an ever-expanding cast and multiple jumps through time will do that), but the first 5 seasons (100 episode of maybe 5-10 minutes each, which you can watch over the course of a couple weeks) are comedy gold.

OT: I liked the battle scenes in RvB, but I'm not a fan of the anime style, and watching a little girl chop up werewolves with a scythe-gun is a little too weird for me. I'll watch the first episode to see if it has some good humour in it, but if not I'll pass.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Ehhh... I really want to like Monty but I really can't get myself to enjoy it. I mean I stopped watching Red Vs. Blue almost solely because I can't bring myself to like or even care about the freelancer CG stuff. If it was all halo it would be more entertaining. I still need to watch all of season 10, and I used to be in love with RvB.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Eh. It doesn't really offer much in the way of substance, does it?

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
...Okay Roosterteeth, you have my interest now. As long as you're not continuing to butcher RvB into a drama which no-one ever wanted, I can still care about you.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well it looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on it, kudos on them for deciding to start a new series made with original characters and animation, I love the fact that it just looks like a trailer for a game, but anyway good on them.

saintdane05 said:
Holy Shit.
I've been looking for this. IT LOOKS AMAZING!
For a moment there I thought you were someone else [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/articles/Grey%20Carter]...

RandomMan01

Sep 18, 2012
Never really like Red vs. Blue after Season 8. It just lost most of the humor that made me love it, and replaced it with CGI action scenes that just lost my interest.

OP: That trailer looked fucking awesome. The show has certainly sparked my interest. I'll probably watch it when it comes out.

SushiJaguar

Sep 12, 2010
Looks like Mr. Oum has been taking lessons in engaging art style from Suda 51. Good, this is very good.