RoosterTeeth has gone anime (new series called RWBY)

Brixton6

Mar 30, 2012
TimeLord said:
Easton Dark said:
That's a lot of rose petals in that animation.

I'm sure Ray will be a fan.

(I've never watched RvB)
Aha! A fellow Minecraft Let's Play fan?
Needs more *raises head at a 45 degree angle* MAAAAAARK NUUUUUTTTT! Shoutout to the Olympics. And that's not an exaggeRAYtion.

I'm glad other people like their Let's Plays, because none of my friends want to take 20 minutes to be entertained, apparently.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Oh look, another animu, waifish girl with an oversized melee weapon dispatching a bunch of random inhuman creatures with absolutely no regard for gravity.

THAT HASN'T EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Just another shallow, overdone, action girl anime. I have better things to waste my time on, so no thanks.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
ZeoAssassin said:
cant wait to see the other 3 trailers....given what the last few seconds there..so lets see

R = red riding hood (with a gun-scythe)
W = snow White?
B = sleeping Beauty or maybe Beauty (of the beast? which i think is more likely now)?
Y = yeah I'm drawing a blank...anyone else know of a fairytale-esque female that has Y there?
R = Red
W = White
B = Blue
Y = Yellow

It is indicating the four characters that you see. We saw "red", the gunscythe wielding girl in the first trailer.

OT: I am looking forward to this. The music is excellent (anyone have an OST of it?), the animation is a little blurry, but much like RvB it will be improved upon in time. The only thing that worried me is the horrible audio of the wolves and shots themselves. It just sounded... off.

Oh well, we need more info and more trailers.
It's black (no idea where people are getting blue from).

And yeah, I agree on the song and the audio of the werewolves. Can't wait to see more of this.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Waffle_Man said:
Personally, while I greatly respect what Monty Oum does, I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed anything he's done. It's too flashy to be exciting for me. When characters don't have to obey the laws of gravity, flips have no meaning. When werewolves can be killed with such ease, there is no difference between 2 or 200. When the character hardly looks like they're even trying in combat, I have no need to feel anxious or impressed. Hell, I can't even tell what's going on at the end of it. I will check it out so that it has the chance to impress me with some sort of compelling writing, but I'm not going to be upset or surprised if it's just another excuse for characters to go around and act "badass" in the most surface-oriented way possible.

With that said. I love the idea of Rooster Teeth (or any individual/small enterprise) making anything of substantial production value that isn't based on existing properties and I certainly hope it does well on principle.
Watch Dead Fantasy. It's probably his best stuff (Monty Oum) the fights are frantic but over the top in an awesome way, and it keeps getting better. I hope he finishes it someday.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Red White Black and Yellow? I thought it was pronounced Ruby and was about a silent werewolf hunter. With the crucifix and the weapon magazine that looks (kinda) like a Bible, I hope they do the anime thing of characterizing the Catholic church as being some cool organization that hunts demons. I'm looking forward.

Valis7

Oct 17, 2012
lolis mowing down hoards of faceless monsters using over sized weapons? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate anime - I'm just not into THAT kind of anime. Seems a bit too shallow for my taste.

Waffle_Man

Oct 14, 2010
Kyr Knightbane said:
Waffle_Man said:
Personally, while I greatly respect what Monty Oum does, I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed anything he's done. It's too flashy to be exciting for me. When characters don't have to obey the laws of gravity, flips have no meaning. When werewolves can be killed with such ease, there is no difference between 2 or 200. When the character hardly looks like they're even trying in combat, I have no need to feel anxious or impressed. Hell, I can't even tell what's going on at the end of it. I will check it out so that it has the chance to impress me with some sort of compelling writing, but I'm not going to be upset or surprised if it's just another excuse for characters to go around and act "badass" in the most surface-oriented way possible.

With that said. I love the idea of Rooster Teeth (or any individual/small enterprise) making anything of substantial production value that isn't based on existing properties and I certainly hope it does well on principle.
Watch Dead Fantasy. It's probably his best stuff (Monty Oum) the fights are frantic but over the top in an awesome way, and it keeps getting better. I hope he finishes it someday.
Dead fantasy is exactly the kind of stuff I'm referring to. It's definitely impressive, but I just don't personally enjoy it. It might not have people dying left and right as the trailer does, but it still has nothing that makes my find it exciting. More power to you if you like it though.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
FireAza said:
Hey RoosterTeeth! Black★Rock Shooter called, they want their concept back!

Nah, I kid, Black★Rock Shooter royally fumbled it's great concept, this actually looks better.
The gun sound effects, transformation and reload sounds even seem reminiscent of the ★rock Cannon

OT: I'm looking forward to seeing more of this :D

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
ghnnn...no, must not rage...scythes are not practical weapons...*grunt*.

the animation looks wonderful, I definately like the visuals in this, but as stated before I do feel the protagonist could look like the gave more of a shit.
also a scythe, just wat?

as a side note, loved the last RvB episode, they pulled it off incredibly well.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Copper Zen said:
I enjoyed the intro for a while, but grimaced soon enough.

Ultra tough/lethal anime girls are cliche. The gun/scythe was interesting, but the endless fight with its predictable route and ending was...predictable.

Is there anyone else here who felt that the fight just dragged on and that the girl's slaughtering werewolf after werewolf was practically...by the book? Routine?

Predictable?

Without a decent story I won't be interested. If I want mindless/pointless/endless anime fights I'll look up Dragonball Z.
It is a trailer, you know. Just there to get people interested, and I think it sure as hell did that.
soren7550 said:
ZeoAssassin said:
cant wait to see the other 3 trailers....given what the last few seconds there..so lets see

W = snow White?
B = sleeping Beauty or maybe Beauty (of the beast? which i think is more likely now)?
Y = yeah I'm drawing a blank...anyone else know of a fairytale-esque female that has Y there?
R = Red
W = White
B = Blue
Y = Yellow

It is indicating the four characters that you see. We saw "red", the gunscythe wielding girl in the first trailer.

OT: I am looking forward to this. The music is excellent (anyone have an OST of it?), the animation is a little blurry, but much like RvB it will be improved upon in time. The only thing that worried me is the horrible audio of the wolves and shots themselves. It just sounded... off.

And yeah, I agree on the song and the audio of the werewolves. Can't wait to see more of this.
Haha, yea Black, not blue. I got it mixed up after watching RvB T-T
Think I've got it. It's all in the lyrics of the song;

Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest (Red Riding Hood, obviously.)
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test (Snow White; cold, royal, etc.)
Black the beast descends from shadows (Beauty and the Beast likely, since the beast reference.)
Yellow beauty burns gold (Either Rapunzel or Goldilocks. Both have golden hair typically, so those are my guesses. Kinda split 50-50 on them really, although Goldilocks would be keeping with the theme of the antagonist being a "beast".)

Still just guesses, but it makes sense to me.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Apollo45 said:
Copper Zen said:

Ultra tough/lethal anime girls are cliche. The gun/scythe was interesting, but the endless fight with its predictable route and ending was...predictable.

Is there anyone else here who felt that the fight just dragged on and that the girl's slaughtering werewolf after werewolf was practically...by the book? Routine?

Predictable?

Without a decent story I won't be interested. If I want mindless/pointless/endless anime fights I'll look up Dragonball Z.
It is a trailer, you know. Just there to get people interested, and I think it sure as hell did that. We'll see where it goes from there though. Based on Rooster Teeth's past stories, however, I've got rather high hopes.

soren7550 said:
ZeoAssassin said:

W = snow White?
R = Red
W = White
B = Blue
Y = Yellow

Haha, yea Black, not blue. I got it mixed up after watching RvB T-T
Think I've got it. It's all in the lyrics of the song;

Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest (Red Riding Hood, obviously.)
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test (Snow White; cold, royal, etc.)
Black the beast descends from shadows (Beauty and the Beast likely, since the beast reference.)
Yellow beauty burns gold (Either Rapunzel or Goldilocks. Both have golden hair typically, so those are my guesses. Kinda split 50-50 on them really, although Goldilocks would be keeping with the theme of the antagonist being a "beast".)

Still just guesses, but it makes sense to me.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Easton Dark said:
That's a lot of rose petals in that animation.

I'm sure Ray will be a fan.

(I've never watched RvB)
Shout out to Ray and his roses.

<<

mjcabooseblu

Apr 29, 2011
Copper Zen said:

Predictable?

I'm impressed that you were able to predict not only that the gun would be a scythe, but all the ways the gun's recoil is used for mobility.

Anyway, if you keep up with Rooster Teeth, you'll hear Monty talk a lot about the series in the latest podcast. They made the trailer very combat-heavy because they don't want to give anything away early. Plus, the entire concept stemmed from Monty's desire to create an entirely original fictional universe, so I think it's safe to say it won't be all action.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
Ah yes, this. I love this trailer. I can't wait for the trailers for the other three (White, Black and Yellow). Hopefully it turns out well. The CG action scenes in the new RvB are great, even if the show lost a large portion of its humour.

Art Salmons

Oct 31, 2012
Man, writer's block is really rough. I know, I'll take fairy tale characters and make them 'edgy'. Nobody has ever done that before.

It's really polite of the werewolves to attack one at a time, and to helpfully stand still while she gets into position to perform elaborate fatalities.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Did anyone else notice that R's weapon is just a two handed version of Margaret Moonlight's rifles?

Anyway, I really love everything that Monty Oum does, so I'll be following this.