Round 2 Voting Begins in March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Round 2 Voting Begins in March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/2-2010-March-Mayhem-Developers-Showdown]

If Round 1 is any indication of what is to come, Mayhem will most definitely ensue. Round 2 polls are now open through Wednesday, March 24th at noon EST, so make sure to vote!

In case you are just now joining us for March Mayhem (or were so busy promoting your developer of choice that time just slipped away), we wanted to give a quick rundown of highlights you may have missed during Round 1:

(12) Double Fine Productions and their Brutal Legend community brought the house down on (5) Radical Entertainment and fans of Prototype, 3017 to 1281. Double Fine will be facing off against (4) Square Enix in Round 2.
Newcomer, (9) Platinum Games, defeats veteran (8) Atlus 2448 to 1766. Platinum now has to go up against reigning champion (1) Turbine in the next round! Can the Madworld and Bayonetta fans come through and overturn Turbine?
With less than 24 hours left in voting, (7) Zynga rallies over 3000 votes to take down (10) NCsoft! Can this amazing effort benefit Zynga and fans of Farmville against the multiplayer powerhouse Infinity Ward in Round 2?
In what felt more like a ping pong match of votes, (13) Namco Bandai upsets (4) Cryptic Studios in a down to the wire match-up. This was by far the closest match-up in Round 1, but can Namco Bandai make it happen once again against Assassin's Creed developer Ubisoft Montreal?

Now that Round 2 is a go, there are possibly even more upsets to come, so keep watching March Mayhem Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/532].

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Yeah, voting was a ***** to start with. Kept crashing after each one. Surprised about Zynga though.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
My bracket says I have zero points, but I know I picked some winners.
This makes me sad.

But I'm still voting!
C'mon Bioware!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Damn, I was hoping NCSoft would do good. I hope either Bungie, Blizzard, or Nintendo wins.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Baby Tea said:
This makes me sad.

But I'm still voting!
C'mon Bioware!
Same here...zero for me.

Go Bioware! YEAH :D

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Quad08 said:
Baby Tea said:
This makes me sad.

But I'm still voting!
C'mon Bioware!
Same here...zero for me.

Go Bioware! YEAH :D
We are working on that :) Please stay tuned for your point totals.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Your personal brackets should be all set now guys. May have to force refresh it.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
Your personal brackets should be all set now guys. May have to force refresh it.
I know I already posted in the thread regarding "making our votes count twice", but since you're around, I figured it wouldn't if I asked here. Real nicely. With a cookie.

Seriously though, my bracket is updated and has all of my points from my picks in my bracket, but I don't have any points from Tweeting my choices. Is that an oversight, or will Twitter points be added at the end?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Eleima said:
Spinwhiz said:
I know I already posted in the thread regarding "making our votes count twice", but since you're around, I figured it wouldn't if I asked here. Real nicely. With a cookie.

Seriously though, my bracket is updated and has all of my points from my picks in my bracket, but I don't have any points from Tweeting my choices. Is that an oversight, or will Twitter points be added at the end?
The twitter postings go towards the overall votes for the developer during the voting rounds. Your personal bracket gives you points towards how many developers you chose correctly, so the two are not connected. Sorry for the confusion.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
The twitter postings go towards the overall votes for the developer during the voting rounds. Your personal bracket gives you points towards how many developers you chose correctly, so the two are not connected. Sorry for the confusion.
Ohhhh.... Okay, I get it: extra votes, but no extra points! Thank you so much for clearing that up!!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Eleima said:
Spinwhiz said:
Ohhhh.... Okay, I get it: extra votes, but no extra points! Thank you so much for clearing that up!!
*thumbs up* no problem at all.

Blazgrim

Mar 20, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
I did a force refresh and mine still doesn't show the results (well, actually it shows that I got a point for Turbine, but doesn't show any of the other results...) :(

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Blazgrim said:
Spinwhiz said:
I did a force refresh and mine still doesn't show the results (well, actually it shows that I got a point for Turbine, but doesn't show any of the other results...) :(
Very strange. I've forwarded this on to our IT guru to see what's up.

Blazgrim

Mar 20, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Blazgrim said:
Spinwhiz said:
Any news on this, or anywhere else I can follow up on it more easily, by email or something? Thanks!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Blazgrim said:
Spinwhiz said:
Blazgrim said:
Spinwhiz said:
Any news on this, or anywhere else I can follow up on it more easily, by email or something? Thanks!
You can send a PM to [user]Delmar Wynn[/user] if it still isn't updating for you.