RPG girl <3s FPS boy

natural20

Apr 7, 2010
I'm a table-top and console RPG player... and my boyfriend is into PC FPS games. What are some good games we could play together and both enjoy?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
None.

The only multiplayer FPS/RPG that hits my mind as I think about it is Borderlands, and that's basically just an FPS with RPG elements.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Borderlands? It's an Open-World FPS games that uses a talent and stat system with it's weapons.

That's all I got right now though. Sorry.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Well, there's no multiplayer in Fallout 3, but it's still very enjoyable for fans of either genre. It's much more a streamlined Rpg than a hardcore shooter actually.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Relatively few.

Games tend either lean too heavily to the FPS spectrum to be meaningful RPGs, or vice-versa. Although, I hear there is a multiplayer mod for Oblivion.

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
There aren't any cross-platform multiplayer games but you can get pc interface extensions for an xbox. And recently the two genres have been getting closer and closer and doing disgusting things to each other, so there's no shortage of bastard children.

IMO play badminton.

watshisname08

You know my name...
Mar 18, 2009
Mass Effect 2 might be an interesting idea, streamlined RPG with shooter elements (granted they are 3rd person). But I personally believe that you shouldn't try to restrict just to multiplayer games though. You both can share and play together (you in charge of RPG elements, him shooting). Or play the same game but watch how your decisions change...Playing a great game with someone is just as good as multiplayer, sometimes better (in my experience).

You could also try the Bioshock series as well, again just play the game but make different decisions or have different playing styles. Hope this helps.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
looking for an RGPFPS thats multiplayer....thats all i can think of it Global Agenda. its an MMO..thats also fps with some rpg in it...kinda. no monthly fee except for the end game things might wanna give it a shot

Zedzero

Feb 19, 2009
Fallout 3? Its a decent shooter and really good RPG, or Mass Effect 2, best hybrid of both I think. Or find a medium in a different genre like puzzle, platformer, brawler, or racing.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
riskroWe said:
-snippingtons-
play badminton.
That has got to be the funniest suggestion I've heard from anyone about anything...

OT: Neocron and Neocron 2 are, if I recall, MMOFPSRPGs. So if you can stand having other people in your game, it should suit. I can't exactly recommend the games, never having played them, but they're supposedly pretty damn good, even if they are old.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I doubt you'll actually find one but the thing that comes to mind is D&D Online since if he plays as an archer it kinda plays like a shooter and you can change vie to first person but then again it's a LOT more rpg than shooter and the shooter elements are actually pretty slim so I don't know :/

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Well, TF2 is fun for everyone, regardless of your genre perference and it's got loads of shooting.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Deus Ex. A game everyone must play.

Edit: Oh, wait, a game you can play together.
Sorry, I've got nothing.