RPG what sex do you prefer?

Sanglyon

Apr 3, 2009
I play male if relationship with NPC differs with the sex (see: Persona 3 Portable, Dragon Age, Harvest Moon,...), or female if it doesn't have any influence on gameplay/story.
In the first case I'm more roleplaying as the character himself, in the second, it's more directing, I can identify to her.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I almost always play male, and when I don't, it doesn't quite feel right. I have no issue playing as females in other games, but for RPGs, something doesn't sit well with me about having my avatar being of the other gender. It's a strange unease that I've yet to define.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
about 50/50. its easier to get in the character if its my own gender. i mean if i have to actually role play then i have a better idea of how a man would react than how a womin would react. however, sometimes i like to play a female character as a sort of statement that womyn can be as tough and badass as men (i know its stupid but dont judge me). also it sometimes just comes down to which looks the coolest. in kotor i thought all the male characters kinda looked like tools, so i picked a female

standokan

May 28, 2009
Male, but thats just because i have this thing which makes me wanna remodle the character to look like me

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
Being a male myself I always choose male. I think I've only chose female once, in baldurs gate, just because I wanted to be the mage.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
I play male, but if the game is good enough the first play-through, i'll play it again as a female.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Buttsex. Cowboy buttsex.

Sodomy.

Wait, you were talking which gender I prefer to PLAY AS. Jesus, there was an embarrasing moment. Anyways, male. 'Cause I am male. If I played as a girl my friends would buy my panties and tampons for my next birthday.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Primarily men. I will often try out the female path after a few play throughs of the normal game, to see what difference and/or extra sub-plots there are.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
MCDeltaT said:
Male to begin with to attempt to reflect my personality onto the character. Female on a second run through and usually do the exact opposite to my first character

*inb4 "If i have to stare at someones ass for x hours it may as well be a girls"
This is more or less my stance on the subject. Since I cannot really play a role so to speak, all I ever do is play an RPG using my own best judgment to solve the various dilemmas and thus generally try and pick a character that best represents me in every fashion. If I play again, I just try and do the opposite of what I did before to see what it changes, and that includes playing as a female.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
Had a habit of rolling female characters ever since I first played Tomb Raider when I was 12 or 13.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
in games where it doesn't matter like fallout 3 or oblivion I'll play female

in Bioware games like Dragon Age or Mass Effect I'll play both
but I prefer female

I don't know why
all my friends think I need to see a shrink
but they always make their characters look exactly like them
so I think they're weird

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Depends on the game and on how each gender looks in said game. If it's a typical generic brute male, I tend to go with the female and either make it resemble myself or my ideal woman. If the men can be made gorgeous, I'll go that way. So many variables in choosing a gender :D.

BluenetteDiviner

Mar 17, 2010
If there's a female character on offer... which is pretty rare to be perfectly honest... I will play as the female character first

But I don't really PREFER one sex over the other. I don't mind who I play as :)