Ruby Rose shares details on her departure from Batwoman and problems on set.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Looks like a lot more people on set had problems with Ruby herself, leading to an internal investigation based on her reported behavior on set. It is this investigation that she is now calling out against.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Looks like a lot more people on set had problems with Ruby herself, leading to an internal investigation based on her reported behavior on set. It is this investigation that she is now calling out against.
Could be, or it could be the company blowing up minor issues that happened and pulling the "These people followed official complaint procedure but oops we lost any you filed". It's like hen Disney tried to fight Scarlett Johansson in a PR war when she was suing them initially and framed this as her being mean and uncaring.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A non-disclosure agreement cannot prevent you from talking about or reporting criminal activity.
Oh shit, I just remembered because known canceller Rahm Immanuel is getting a promotion to Ambassador of Japan

He covered up a murder by Chicago police when he was mayor. The family couldn't see the body cam footage until they signed an NDA. I find it highly unlikely that the Chicago PD gave up evidence under an NDA without banning them from prosecution. It's like 2014 so I can remember all the facts of that case but I don't know how well your idea holds up

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
That previous job I mentioned, just before I left one of the managers had literally every single other manager file a complaint against him. The management in that company were very clique-y and if you weren't part of the in group you were fucked. A few years previously a friend of mine went for a supervisor job and lost out to one of the manager's friends. That guy left a few months later to become head of marketing for Costa Coffee all across Ireland. The person they gave the promotion to had like a certificate in textiles, less experience and was demonstratively shit at her job. Anyway, the original manager I mentioned had gone to HR about a whole bunch of really inappropriate shit that was going on, including management's total mishandling of a sexual harassment complaint and then suddenly he was being called in to the office because weirdly every manager had written very similar complaints against him. Once his union got involved the whole thing was dropped because they realised they were heading down the road of getting sued because their vindictiveness was only matched by their stupidity.

EDIT: Sorry, point being in that ramble that he wrote a complaint about serious shit the other managers were up to and that was never mentioned again once he got called into the office over the complaints against him.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I'd actually suggest some of it is illegal, though it might depend more on local laws.

In the UK a certain actress nearly putting Jason Momoa's eye out has shut down a film for 2 weeks while safety investigations take place. It's entirely possible they failed to maintain a safe working environment or were negligent with the stunt work safety checks and stuff. If it was totally freak accidents maybe but seriously it sound like a seriously dangerous set. Like a guy getting all over 3rd degree burns, even low budget films normally have to have safety crews on hand for fire stunts so the only way something like that should be able to happen is a flash fire (malfunction on a fire effect piece of kit or something). As for the PA left paralysed that's I can only imagine would be either falling off something or some automated boom or platform hitting / crushing them.
True, but remember, this is America (wooh). It's usually less 'investigation' than just trying to quickly find something to make them not culpable (see my earlier comment about the 'she was on her phone' bit). Like, I really hope that people got in trouble for this, but the cynic in me is always prepared for the worst (I still can't believe that a production could be so dangerous for some daytime television, bizarre).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

A whole lot of people keep coming forward saying Ruby is quite the asshole.
Right now, it's a lot of he says, she says, they said bullshit. I'll wait until the dust settles. With that said, I still don't trust WB/DC/CW the most.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Right now, it's a lot of he says, she says, they said bullshit. I'll wait until the dust settles. With that said, I still don't trust WB/DC/CW the most.
That's true. Seems like people on the set didn't like her, so she is trying to stir up drama ahead of their complaints so that if they come out against her it will just look like a back and forth.

Who knew making TV shows was like high school?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Who knew making TV shows was like high school?
It ain't just TV shows, there are plenty of people like that in actual life. There are people who still think or wanna act like they're in high school and college, and still hot shit.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It ain't just TV shows, there are plenty of people like that in actual life. You people who still think or wanna act like they're in high school and college, and still hot shit.
I think you kind of need an ego like that to want to famous to some extent. There has to be some need in a desire for attention right?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I think you kind of need an ego like that to want to famous to some extent. There has to be some need in a desire for attention right?
If someone wants fame, in the positive direction, then they don't have to act like a gigantic douche. They don't have the need to be assholes and most know that.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

A whole lot of people keep coming forward saying Ruby is quite the asshole.
Both stories can be equally true. CW could be criminally negligent and Ruby Rose could also be an asshole.

Neither of these things are mutually exclusive, but the production causing horrific physical injury to staff seems quite a bit worse than Ruby Rose hurting people's feelings and being a pain to work with.