Rumble sues Google

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Rumble (Conservatives Youtube) is currently suing Google over search result prioritizing Youtube over Rumble

I, for one, hope that Google is broken up. Limit Google to just being a search engine please

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Rumble (Conservatives Youtube) is currently suing Google over search result prioritizing Youtube over Rumble

I, for one, hope that Google is broken up. Limit Google to just being a search engine please
Or better yet, make big tech pay each of us for using our personal information. I want my data check.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
Or make data collection illegal
That'd be difficult, because people like their cookies.
Although i suppose you can add a clause that specifies data collected for advertising purposes, that could (somewhat) limit it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That'd be difficult, because people like their cookies.
Although i suppose you can add a clause that specifies data collected for advertising purposes, that could (somewhat) limit it.
I'd also say that it probably wouldnt work as they can just hide that data transfer too well for a government to keep up

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
This is one of those cases where "conservative" is a euphemism for "fascist", isn't it?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This is one of those cases where "conservative" is a euphemism for "fascist", isn't it?
Maybe. It's also seven years old site but has had a bunch of conservative people shift over there the last couple years with the sort of fake news of "Youtube is censoring conservative" (they ARE being censored but generally at lesser rates than other demographics)

But this is a clear conflict of interest on Google's part. They are definitely financial incentives to favour their own app

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
As a conservative who likes Youtube, I'd never heard of it until this thread. So either the answer is yes, or they're really crap at advertising.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
As a conservative who likes Youtube, I'd never heard of it until this thread. So either the answer is yes, or they're really crap at advertising.
I just checked it out out of pure curiosity and it doesn't seem to be Fascistic. But than again I only checked the main page.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I just checked it out out of pure curiosity and it doesn't seem to be Fascistic. But than again I only checked the main page.
Inherently, if it's YouTube for people who hold opinions that real YouTube is likely to censor, start taking looking through and it's going to get dark very quickly.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Inherently, if it's YouTube for people who hold opinions that real YouTube is likely to censor, start taking looking through and it's going to get dark very quickly.
Well, a little while ago a bunch of gun related channels had to (or talked about, not sure how many did) leaving youtube to go somewhere else, as youtube announced it was coming down hard on gun stuff after the zillionth shooting in the US. Not necessarily political channels either.

That's not to say there's nothing wrong with Rumble, though.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well, Google sucks ass, so ultimately this is a good thing. The idea that you’d need a conservative YouTube is hilarious though. Their shit is so easy to game if your core interest is profit and clout, and with the large number of conservative YouTubers with obscenely large audiences the algorithm has already been trained to recommend them.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well, Google sucks ass, so ultimately this is a good thing. The idea that you’d need a conservative YouTube is hilarious though. Their shit is so easy to game if your core interest is profit and clout, and with the large number of conservative YouTubers with obscenely large audiences the algorithm has already been trained to recommend them.
We conservatives say 'we want a conservative tech company' all they really saying is they want a tech company to ban things they dont like.

Which is fair enough, I suppose. I wish most of these companies did any proper bannings and dont ban someone because someone else used the same word to hate on others