Rumor: 3DS Release Date Tweeted By Accessory Designer

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I honestly think it will be released before Thanksgiving to rival Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honour. I hope it's a worldwide release so I don't have to wait for the PAL region to get it after the world gets to play it.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Tom Phoenix said:
Having said that, you could still be right. The reason why the Wii and DS were released in NA first was beacuse Nintendo wanted their release to coincide with the Black Friday shopping spree. Considering that Black Friday will be on November 26th this year, a release of the system just days prior would certainly be beneficial for Nintendo.
Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I had heard a few times that it also has to do with stopping imports. If you release in Japan first, people will go to stores that will sell them a Japanese unit and send it to America for them, and that cuts out of the systems they can buy to use in Japan. But if you put them out in America first, bam, nobody's going to want to bother buying them from Japan like that.

Again, not sure if it's true, but an interesting theory.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
he got all that and a link down to tweet form?, damn Japanese is a efficient language.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
I just want Super Street Fighter IV ASAP. Makoto training on the go is just necessary.
Jumplion said:
thenumberthirteen said:
That sounds quite soon. I'd expected it early next year. Then again Christmas. I love it when stuff gets announced and it's going to be released next week or something. Like the new 360 or a lot of Apple stuff. It means less waiting.
Eh, I personally dislike that method, I always get the "Wha? It's coming out today/it already came out?" feeling, like they didn't do enough to inform the public/hype it up or something.

Anyway, regarding the 3DS, I'm still a bit skeptical over it. I'm sure the hardware is fine, but something about it really doesn't give me a good vibe. I've never been one for any Nintendo hardware, something about their consoles/games doesn't really do it for me. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Weren't you anticipating the release of the PSP Go! when it was announced? Did you buy one in the end?

Well anyway, my only fear is that my eyes don't work properly. I don't really have any reason to believe that as both my eyes work well enough, but nothing would be more depressing than getting the console and finding out I couldn't experience the 3D it's supposed to be offering.

FinalFreak16

Mar 23, 2010
tmujir955 said:
My birthday is on Nov 16. God, please make this be a worldwide release sometime on that day.
Hey we share the same birthday! (Cos thats so unlikely considering there are like 6 billion people on earth) But still! Yay xD.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
i am hopeful for a worldwide release, bu ti envision europe will get in feb/march 2011.
theres a lot of stuff coming out then that i want...

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Tom Phoenix said:
Having said that, you could still be right. The reason why the Wii and DS were released in NA first was beacuse Nintendo wanted their release to coincide with the Black Friday shopping spree. Considering that Black Friday will be on November 26th this year, a release of the system just days prior would certainly be beneficial for Nintendo.
Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I had heard a few times that it also has to do with stopping imports. If you release in Japan first, people will go to stores that will sell them a Japanese unit and send it to America for them, and that cuts out of the systems they can buy to use in Japan. But if you put them out in America first, bam, nobody's going to want to bother buying them from Japan like that.

Again, not sure if it's true, but an interesting theory.
A rather flawed theory, though. If Nintendo was truly worried about imports, they would have released the systems simultaneously in all regions. As it is, releasing it in North America first doesn't really solve the problem, since it does not account for European and Australian customers. Infact, European and Australian customers are more likely to import than their North American counterparts, considering how jacked-up the prices in those regions tend to be.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i just know one thing...i will not be able to afford it and if i do get a handheld it will be the psp because of KH:BBS

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Weren't you anticipating the release of the PSP Go! when it was announced? Did you buy one in the end?

Well anyway, my only fear is that my eyes don't work properly. I don't really have any reason to believe that as both my eyes work well enough, but nothing would be more depressing than getting the console and finding out I couldn't experience the 3D it's supposed to be offering.
No, not really, I did probably said that I was "interested" in the PSPGo as I was planning on getting a PSP sooner or later. I never did buy a PSP...

Though honestly, handheld gaming isn't really my thing, regardless of the company. But in general Nintendo products have never really done it for me. I doubt it's the games they produce, because I never even finished Okami or No More Heroes 2. I doubt it's the fact that they're "kiddy" because of the aforementioned NMH and Madworld.

I honestly thing it's because the whole thing feels "cheap" to me, you know? Like, the Wii doesn't really feel like a well-built machine worth the $249. Hell, even the cases the game come in feel (and probably are) like cheap plastic boxes that can bend every whichway, even the discs.

Regardless of all that, Nintendo has never really given me what I want, so I can't help but feel skeptical over the whole 3DS thing. It may be because I'm a "Sony Fanboy", but hey, there's a reason why I would consider myself one; they give me the games I want. I guess Nintendon't (har har)