Rumor: Aliens Will Be In Ridley Scott's New Movie

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
RedRussian said:
Crazy_Dude said:
But after Robert Rodriguez butchered the Predator franchise with his Predators movie. (Dont tell me its good it sucked balls)
It was good.
Certainly better then Predator 2 and the AVP's

OP: but yeah I wish Mr. Scott well with the movie. He is one of my favorite directors, and I have faith that he will deliver.
A few flaws with the Predators movie.
- The soundtrack was basicly copied from the original while it did fit well I would have loved to see some originality. (Except for the Classic Predator gearing up the Techno/Rock was just aweful and ruined a potential great scene)
- The "Super" Predators seem rather weak atleast the "Falconeer" and the "Dog Handler" they didnt fufill really good roles and had like 5 minutes screentime combined.
-The modelwork of the new Predators isnt that good. The Falconeer looks more like batman and the Golden Jawbone on the main super predator... I did like the Dog Handlers model though the tusks looked great
-The Classic vs Super Predator fight was pretty weak. It lasted for 30 seconds max and you could hardly see what was going on. I dont mind that the Classic lost its supposed to be weaker then the Super Predator. But atleast give me a decent fight to look at and not some quick hacks and slashes and its over.

I must admit though the acting was quite decent and the characters were likeable. The screenset was also pretty great. The forest had a nice feel to it.

All in all they did some things right but most of it was a dissapointment to me. If there ever is a sequel I hope RR has learned from these mistakes and can give a truly great Predator movie.

I have to admit the acting was decent though and the characters

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Crazy_Dude said:
RedRussian said:
Crazy_Dude said:
But after Robert Rodriguez butchered the Predator franchise with his Predators movie. (Dont tell me its good it sucked balls)
It was good.
Certainly better then Predator 2 and the AVP's

OP: but yeah I wish Mr. Scott well with the movie. He is one of my favorite directors, and I have faith that he will deliver.
A few flaws with the Predators movie.
- The soundtrack was basicly copied from the original while it did fit well I would have loved to see some originality. (Except for the Classic Predator gearing up the Techno/Rock was just aweful and ruined a potential great scene)
- The "Super" Predators seem rather weak atleast the "Falconeer" and the "Dog Handler" they didnt fufill really good roles and had like 5 minutes screentime combined.
-The modelwork of the new Predators isnt that good. The Falconeer looks more like batman and the Golden Jawbone on the main super predator... I did like the Dog Handlers model though the tusks looked great
-The Classic vs Super Predator fight was pretty weak. It lasted for 30 seconds max and you could hardly see what was going on. I dont mind that the Classic lost its supposed to be weaker then the Super Predator. But atleast give me a decent fight to look at and not some quick hacks and slashes and its over.

I must admit though the acting was quite decent and the characters were likeable. The screenset was also pretty great. The forest had a nice feel to it.

All in all they did some things right but most of it was a dissapointment to me. If there ever is a sequel I hope RR has learned from these mistakes and can give a truly great Predator movie.

I have to admit the acting was decent though and the characters
Yeah fair enough. I wish there was more pred on pred fighting then there was. And the super pred was a bit odd looking.
I mostly enjoyed it because I actually enjoyed the characters instead of the standard list of people who get picked off.

Mikester1290

Jun 29, 2010
I remember watching Alien when I was 8. I didn't sleep properly for days, it scared the holy crap out of me. I even tend to not watch horror in general these days.

But it was a an awesome film, utterly amazing, the modeling on the spaceships, the Alien designs were truly alien and most certainly gave the desired effect on my colon. The biggest question in my head after watching it again recently was "WTF is that giant alien in the seat?" I MUST KNOW. Hearing that this new film may answer that question has amplified my anticipation massively, I don't care if Predators are there or not.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Tim Latshaw said:
vansau said:
Tim Latshaw said:
Ridley Will Be in Scott's New Aliens Movie

I want this headline.
You mean Ripley, right?
Nope. [http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/5/50/Ridley_zerom.jpg]
I heard somewhere that Ridley from Metroid was named after the director. For the fun of completing the circle, I would endorse a Ridley-esque creature appearing in an Alien film, but nothing so outlandish as the fire-breathing pterodactyl himself.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
vansau said:
I'm calling it: There are too many rumors surrounding this film project to figure out what's true and what's not. Ridley Scott clearly needs to just sit down with me for a chat so we can clear everything up and I can get about half my movie collection autographed by the man.
Hilarious. You and John Funk are my favorite writers on the staff. Good stuff. As for these rumors, eh I'm reminded of the matrix rumors from a few days ago. I think you're taking the smart stance not getting too excited one way or the other.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I'm just happy they are actually building sets and shooting on location. Who's to say the shooting on location in Morocco is meant to be Earth?

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
As long as James Cameron keeps his sticky, fumbling, inept fingers away from the project, I shan't complain.
I do think this concept has been done and dealt with however, so unless Scott intends to renew the formula, I don't see myself rushing to see it.

HellspawnCandy said:
Ugh. Please. Don't. That franchise was already murdered from Alien:Resurrection and those godawful AvP.
I'd say Resurrection is the second-best film in that franchise.
But eh. To each his own.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Here's an idea.
1.Take the book Steel Egg.
2.Adapt it.
3.Instant orgin story, showing why the aliens grow so fast, has a first encounter, and other questions. Plus a good alien named Larry. (remember the big corpse in Alien? Picture that, but alive)
4. ?????
5. Profit
We don't need to see Earth. Hell, I'd be happy with an archaeological dig on another planet. But the "Aliens" don't need to be a native species.
Another origin story is the Predators launch the alien eggs on planets to seed them for hunting grounds. There's a way to do a good cross-over.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
HellspawnCandy said:
Ugh. Please. Don't. That franchise was already murdered from Alien:Resurrection and those godawful AvP.
There is always room for redemption. Predators was good even though the AVP series was butchered.

NotHisRealName

Jul 15, 2009
I believe the xenomorph is constantly evolving depending on it's host (Re: Alien 3).
Therefore, the creature that we're all used to is generally based on human hosts, but evolved from the Space Jockey DNA.
Besides, what happened to what laid the eggs on that ship - where did the eggs on LV-426 come from? Were they cargo, or were they 'introduced'?

I think any 'Alien' in the new movies (if this is intended to be a prequel) will be of an earlier evolutionary state than what we're used to and, therefore, different.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
Taking key from several posts here.
I would like to see a proper "alien" movie, as in no human characters at all.
Plus the explination of where the downed alien vessel got the eggs from.
Where there more crew on board or just the pilot.
what freed the face hugger that implanted him then ?
how the xenomorph adapts biological material to make its nest ( as seen in 1 + 2 )
Also why was the vessel transporting these things at all ? why not just destroy them if they are so potentially hostile ?

So a few ethical quandries and some archaic science. Put the Sci back into Sci fi :)

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
There seems to be more of reporting on Rumours recently around here, slow news times? I don't believe any film rumours until they come straight from the peoples mouthes.

I don't even care if it has Aliens or not, I want them to stop throwing all this info around and just go make a movie.

Also, I liked Predators a lot, it gave me some hope for the future of the franchise.

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
"Dear God, I may not believe in you 99% of the time, but if you are there, please convince Ridley that aliens can still be cool (just so long as he or Cameron are making the movie)"

I'd really love this, since the xenomorphs are about the coolest interpretation of near-human aliens I've ever seen, and the series has been kinda funky ever since the abortions that the prequels were, so... please please please let this be true.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh...as long as its a good movie, doesn't matter if there are alien in it or not.

Having said that, it seems less likely to be good if its the continuation of a rather old franchise. It may have worked once, or more than once, some time ago. That doesn't mean it's going to keep working.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Would be nice to see Ridley take the franchise back over. Maybe we could get a Alien movie with a story again... and shot in a fashion that doesn't look like a MTV music video.