Rumor: Aliens Will Be In Ridley Scott's New Movie

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: Aliens Will Be In Ridley Scott's New Movie

A new rumor has popped up about Ridley Scott's new movie, stating that it will feature his iconic aliens. Who knows what's actually true at this point?

It was Xenomorph Aliens.

According to Sky, a source that's close to the production is claiming, "They've built the 'space jockey' cockpit at Pinewood as seen in the original Alien film, so it definitely takes place in the same world as Alien ... Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones, apparently."

The movie is also reportedly shooting in Morocco, featuring an archaeological dig that will be a large part of the film's plot. The "Alien DNA" that was mentioned by Ridley Scott in a previous interview might also be a big story element.

I'm calling it: There are too many rumors surrounding this film project to figure out what's true and what's not. Ridley Scott clearly needs to just sit down with me for a chat so we can clear everything up and I can get about half my movie collection autographed by the man.

Source: <a href=http://movies.sky.com/exclusive-prometheus-plot-reveal-aliens-are-in-it>Sky via <a href=http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/748308/are_the_aliens_still_in_prometheus.html>Den of Geek

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
I so want this to be a proper Alien movie, not some shared universe spin-off thing.

If anyone can repair the damage done to the franchise by those terrible AvP movies, Ridley Scott can do it. Make them scary again, Ridley!

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
Oh no. No no no. I sincerely hope the movie won't involve an archaeological dig site on EARTH with alien DNA. I have a feeling that would destroy the fact that we're talking about "aliens", ya know.... Actual STRANGERS to this world...

But hey, he does what he wants with his movie.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ah no, it's not going to take place on Earth is it? Lame!

I'm also a bit worried about the fact that the Ridley Scott we know now isn't really the same guy he used to be when he made Alien and Blade Runner.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Sixcess said:
I so want this to be a proper Alien movie, not some shared universe spin-off thing.

If anyone can repair the damage done to the franchise by those terrible AvP movies, Ridley Scott can do it. Make them scary again, Ridley!
I still cant inmagine how they got two of the most iconic movie monsters of Science Fiction in one movie and it still sucked balls. Both Alien and Predator where rated R and werent that gory but still enough to justify its rating.

Giving it a PG-13 rating was just horrid. Did they think Alien and Predator where kids movies? Honestly most kids probably never heard of Alien nor Predator since both movies are pretty damn old. (But still classics!)

Ridley Scott is the only saving grace for the Alien franchise right now. But after Robert Rodriguez butchered the Predator franchise with his Predators movie. (Dont tell me its good it sucked balls) I want to keep my expetations low so I wont be severly dissapointed like I was with Predator/AVP/AVPR.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
This looks like it's going to be pretty epic. Wonder what it's going to actually end up as... :D

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
I'm also a bit worried about the fact that the Ridley Scott we know now isn't really the same guy he used to be when he made Alien and Blade Runner.
I get that same feeling when I think about George Miller and Mad Max 4: Fury Road. This also involves a good deal of denial that Beyond Thunderdome ever happened.

Crazy_Dude said:
Ridley Scott is the only saving grace for the Alien franchise right now. But after Robert Rodriguez butchered the Predator franchise with his Predators movie. (Dont tell me its good it sucked balls) I want to keep my expetations low so I wont be severly dissapointed like I was with Predator/AVP/AVPR.
I haven't seen Predators yet, though I only consider the original Predator to be a good movie in that particular franchise, whereas all 4 of the Alien movies have some redeeming features: yes, even the 3rd and the 4th. Fear the worst, hope for the best.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
.........You know what, considering how many contradictory rumors that are going all over the place, I'm just going to ignore anything about this film untill it is released and there are some reviews for it, so that I will finally figure out what movie Scott ends up actually doing.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
If they've built the 'space jockey' then the Aliens have to be involved. I'm sure the movie will chronicle the ship as it picks up or grows the Alien species and its subsequent spiral into chaos and crash on LV-426.

If so, it should be pretty good. Also I thought Giger's wife confirmed he was going to be working with Ridley on the movie, surely this is some indication its going to be Alien related?

I'm banking on it being an Alien movie even if it takes 3/4 of the film for them to actually appear.

Kyoh

Oct 12, 2010
voorhees123 said:
I heard they may not have the original alien design as it has no impact anymore. An they may be redesigning it a bit. As long as HR Giger is doing the design work then it should work.
If Giger is doing it, he may just make the alien an anorexic man with a giant penis for a head and a heavy Freudian complex.

Or he could make another really cool creature of death.

I think it could go either way.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ridley Scott. A master-mind director that will be able to bring back the good fun that was the original Alien movies.

But yes, there are a lot of rumours going around.

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
Crazy_Dude said:
But after Robert Rodriguez butchered the Predator franchise with his Predators movie. (Dont tell me its good it sucked balls)
It was good.
Certainly better then Predator 2 and the AVP's

OP: but yeah I wish Mr. Scott well with the movie. He is one of my favorite directors, and I have faith that he will deliver.