Rumor: Assassin's Creed III Getting "Episodic" DLC

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Why exactly is Ubisoft sending mail to gamestop employees? I've never worked at a retail game store, does this actually ever happen? Seems odd to me on the face of it.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'll wait for the "GOTY" edition too. God they're so full of themselves, I bet the person who wrote that letter hasn't even played the damn game.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I think this could be good.. if the initial price of the game was lower. Knowing that you're only getting part of the planned experience right out of the box, and knowing you'll have to pay to get it, leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you're still plunking down full price to buy the game. And knowing that Ubi has already taken content out previous AC games to later sell as DLC doesn't make me feel any better.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
So, this will make the third Assassin's Creed game in a row I won't buy for quite a while.

Ubisoft's really good at eliminating my interest in projects over which I should be pining.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
But this is the end of the trilogy so they can't expand beyond whatever end game there is...can they?

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
BBboy20 said:
But this is the end of the trilogy so they can't expand beyond whatever end game there is...can they?
Unless they go the FFXIII-2 route and leave the ending kinda open then close it with DLC. So that way they can claim they gave you a complete game for the 60 bucks when really you have to pay 70-80 to get the whole game.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yep, got my necklace right here. *Still admiring it*

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Every single game nowadays has more than one DLC. Heck, even Prototype does and, while the game is pretty good, it's no CoD when it comes to fanbase.
Not saying I agree with it, but I just saw it coming.
kman123 said:
Ah season passes. Never got one, doubt I'll get one for this. Looks like I'll be waiting for a neat little GOTY edition to wrap everything together.

Oh, I can wait. I love the AC series, but I can wait.
Except...no AC game has even got a GOTY version. Batman, Fallout, L4D, Red Dead Redeption, Elder Scrolls but no AC. So don't get your hopes up.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Apparently Ubisoft is planning a LOT of DLC.

An entire team whose sole purpose is to pump out as much content as possible. I miss the days when buying a game meant getting the whole game and when dlc was free (yes dlc used to be free in most cases).

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
idarkphoenixi said:
Apparently Ubisoft is planning a LOT of DLC.

An entire team whose sole purpose is to pump out as much content as possible. I miss the days when buying a game meant getting the whole game and when dlc was free (yes dlc used to be free in most cases).
I find it funny that publishers are trying to use the most anticipated games to try their market stunts of trying to make customers pay 90-120 bucks for a complete game as if we can't see what they are trying to do.

I'm a huge AC fan and 1 was good, 2 was great, brotherhood was ok, revelations was kinda meh, and now the more I hear about AC 3 the less I want to buy it new or at all.

I personally want these season passes to fail and crumble but I have a feeling people are going to support it until it's to the point where every other AAA game has a season pass.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND suddenly it looks like its time to quit the Screed games.

Seriously. If this turns out to be on the level, I'm canceling my preorder.
Season passes and this conveyor-belt dlc bullshit needs to STOP.

the screed games are some of the worst DLC offenders out there, purely because they CUT OUT sections of the game to sell us later. And they don't even hide it: from screed 2 and on they have had big deals of mentioning the missing part of your 60 dollar game.

FUCK you, Ubisoft. You, your bullshit, and the others like you are why I just spent my money on decade+ old games for my N64. And guess what, you guys? I'm having more fun playing BETTER games on a 14 year old system than I have on most of my last few major game purchases.