Rumor: BioWare Mystery Project is Call of Duty: Mass Effect

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
If they use it as a testing ground to improve the shooting in Mass Effect 3, I am okay with that. Also, this could be about trying to have really good multiplayer in Mass Effect 3, kind of like how AC: Brotherhood's multiplayer is mostly about making AC:3 better. So basically, if this is really about Mass Effect 3, sounds good to me.

crazybombard

Sep 11, 2009
I always thought they were going to make:
Call of Duty:The Modern Mass Warfare Effect 2: Electric Boogaloo

Kulingile

Oct 13, 2010
Krantos said:
Kulingile said:
I thought they were popular because the majority believe they know how to make a good story. Aside from that, most would say the gameplay in Bioware games is nothing special.
Well, I would concede that the stories are often the best parts of the games, but I think you're wrong about the gameplay. The only BioWare game whose gameplay I didn't enjoy (at least to an extent) was Jade Empire. I felt that all the others had really solid gameplay. Perhaps the combat in things like KOTOR and Dragon Age isn't for everyone, but I think it's erroneous to claim that most dislike (or at least feel ambivalent to) it.
I say most, cause every single time I'm on one these forums, or other forums around the internet, people are always complaining about combat in their games. Never said I agree with it.

sargeant15

Oct 29, 2009
TheRealGoochman said:
Oh and one more thing (cant find my post to edit it)

Another BIG reason why I am against a game in the Mass Effect universe going multiplayer, is, well, because I am not a big multiplayer person (I like going at my own pace and on my own). The great thing about Mass Effect is that you can experience ALL of what the game has to offer without feeling that you are missing out on any of the good bits. If a Mass Effect game comes out I won't get to experience the full feeling of the game, and it will seem as if I missed out on a big part of the ME story/experience. It will be like the class goes to a field trip to an amusement park and my mom didn't feel like signing the permission slip for this one.
I sincerely doubt that this multiplayer game will have anything to do with Shepard's tale. More than likely it'll be about some other incident or some other plot that's separate from the plot of the other ME titles. So you won't have anything to lose if you don't play it, which is one of the options you have.

Which brings me to another point. Why the hell are people bitching like Bioware has betrayed them and their livelihoods? Bioware probably hasn't stopped development for ME3, we don't know what kind of game this'll be, we have no details other than "ME game with multiplayer"...I mean, are they not allowed to make games different from the rest of their library? Are they not allowed to make a spin-off game because they feel they can offer something different without everyone acting insanely butthurt and betrayed? Christ, we get one pic and light details and everyone hates Bioware for "pandering to the COD crowd?" If they do, so what? ME3 is still coming, this game notwithstanding. Why can't we just wait until wee some gameplay or get a demo or something substantial?

Korolev said:
Nice parody.

EDIT: I mistakenly logged into my brother's account (we each have a pub club membership), so if you're gonna send any hate, send it to me.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
sargeant15 said:
This is me.

But yeah, some people just need to chill. The game isn't even properly announced and already people are losing their heads.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Here's hoping for a cooperative mode.

They could make this over the Turian-Human Wars when first contact was made. That would be a blast.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Is it just me or does the guy in the picture look like a young Michael Madsen?

Also, Mass Effect multiplayer on a standalone disk = AWESOME. As long as they do it right.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
A MMO, Mass Effect 3 and now this?.
I think Bioware needs to focus more on the two other titles they are working on, unless this is supposed to be a replacement for ME3, which would make me rage so hard.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Bubbay said:
Korolev said:
sir.rutthed said:
Whoa guys, let's all take a deep breath here. I'm pretty certain they're still working on ME3, there's no way they're gonna stop development on it now. I think Bioware could do a lot for the shooter genre with this, like actually introducing a good story. ME2 showed they obviously have a good grasp on the mechanics of a shooter, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
Take a deep breath? Benefit of the doubt? Rational thinking?!!? THIS IS THE INTERNET. What is it BUT a place for over-reaction, premature speculation and random cries of doom! Without random cries of doom, what do we have? As an internet user, I say we should keep the random doom and gloom crying to it's ultimate maximum!

It WILL suck, because 5 seconds of "out-of-context" video and unfounded. baseless rumour give me that impression! If that's not solid enough grounds to go on, haha, I don't know WHAT is. I also judge the worth of a person immediately by what they say in the first three seconds I meet them. I also judge a film by the first 5 seconds of it, and when I invest money, I look at the market movement for the first hour of the day and immediately assume that it will continue along that path for the rest of the day. Funnily enough, I haven't made any money yet.

And of course, BioWare couldn't possibly work on more than one game. That's totally impossible and has never been done before in the history of humanity. It just.... IS impossible. My gut says so, and while my gut is frequently wrong, I will never admit it to myself. Except I just did.

I'm still going to say that not only will this game - WHICH IS TOTALLY A MASS EFFECT MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER, BECAUSE THE INTERNET TOLD ME AND THE INTERNET IS NEVER WRONG, DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE, WAKE UP SHEEPLE! - RUIN Mass Effect 3, it will ALSO go BACK IN TIME to ruin Mass Effect 2 and the original, and possible Jade Empire! It's so rational and totally plausible!
WHY DO YOU TALK SUCH CRAZY TALK? The internet is always right. Period.

I read on the internet once that people like you are secret communists who are trying to undermine all that is America and I should shout at you and bang pots and pans until you go away.

Or that might have been bears, but they are basically the same thing, so whatever.

Wait, I'm a bear?! Screw this thread, I'm gonna go torment Stephen Colbert for a while!!! Also, I'm a bear, so you'll forgive me for my irrational rational thought while on the webernets.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
People Who Play Sci-Fi Shooters: Basically everyone (admit it).

People Who Watch The VGAs and Actually Care About Them: Of questionable intelligence.

People Who Play Shooters For The Multiplayer: College douche-bags.

Yep, it's hard to not see this happening. Of course, Bioware could still make a good game, but that means nothing when the audience is a bunch of racist-spewing 12-year-olds.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
sargeant15 said:
TheRealGoochman said:
Oh and one more thing (cant find my post to edit it)

Another BIG reason why I am against a game in the Mass Effect universe going multiplayer, is, well, because I am not a big multiplayer person (I like going at my own pace and on my own). The great thing about Mass Effect is that you can experience ALL of what the game has to offer without feeling that you are missing out on any of the good bits. If a Mass Effect game comes out I won't get to experience the full feeling of the game, and it will seem as if I missed out on a big part of the ME story/experience. It will be like the class goes to a field trip to an amusement park and my mom didn't feel like signing the permission slip for this one.
I sincerely doubt that this multiplayer game will have anything to do with Shepard's tale. More than likely it'll be about some other incident or some other plot that's separate from the plot of the other ME titles. So you won't have anything to lose if you don't play it, which is one of the options you have.

Which brings me to another point. Why the hell are people bitching like Bioware has betrayed them and their livelihoods? Bioware probably hasn't stopped development for ME3, we don't know what kind of game this'll be, we have no details other than "ME game with multiplayer"...I mean, are they not allowed to make games different from the rest of their library? Are they not allowed to make a spin-off game because they feel they can offer something different without everyone acting insanely butthurt and betrayed? Christ, we get one pic and light details and everyone hates Bioware for "pandering to the COD crowd?" If they do, so what? ME3 is still coming, this game notwithstanding. Why can't we just wait until wee some gameplay or get a demo or something substantial?
it does not matter if it is ME 3 or not I still want to be a part of the UNIVERSE (past events, future events...not the main story alone....and I didnt mention Shepard) It is still going to be a part of the Mass Effect world and if a game revolves around multiplayer I will probably be less inclined to play/enjoy it as much as I would like (if the meat of the game is single player and as story/rpg driven as the main series then I don't have a problem with it....BUT if single player is skimped for multiplayer then I as a Mass Effect fan will feel cheated) So if this is the case with where they are going with the Mass Effect world then yes I do need to voice my opposition to the idea (to sooth my butthurt as people may call it)

If this is a new take that BioWare is taking on a totally new game series, then I do not have a problem with it in fact I will totally support it.....hell, as multiplayerphobic as I am I will pick it up play it and try it (not that I wouldn't if it was Mass Effect Multiplayer Shoot Em Up bangbang......I would just be disappointed that I couldn't immerse myself in the world as much as I would have liked)

My opinion. Call me "butthurt" about it, tell me I'm complaining too much..........in the end I still think CoD-style Mass Effect would be a super bummer.......but like I said, if it's a new title that is not in the Mass Effect universe I'm all for it

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
duckfi8 said:
a Bioware multiplayer game? never herd of one besides The old republic
Really?????

Baldur's Gate was multiplayer...

Anyway, Bioware have sadly lost their way over the past few years... I have no interest whatsoever in their products anymore.. and I used to be a huge fanboy of theirs.