Rumor: EA Will Unveil New Syndicate At Gamescom

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: EA Will Unveil New Syndicate At Gamescom

Rumors are flying across the Web that the public will finally get to see EA and Starbreeze's new Syndicate game at Gamescom next week.

It's <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90609-New-Syndicate-Game-Confirmed>been known for over two years that EA and Starbreeze are working on a new Syndicate title, much to the delight of anyone who grew up playing the series in the 1990s. So far, the details have been pretty few and far between, but it turns out that this may change soon; word has it that the game will be officially revealed at Gamescom.

Recently, Starbreeze developer Rickard Johnason made a Tweet with the following statement:

"Grand moment approaching. The reveal for Starbreeze and EA's Project Redlime. Time to meet the press."

Though the post has been removed, it's already kicked the rumor mill into full gear. "Project Redline" <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109881-Project-RedLime-is-Going-to-Be-Huge>is the codename that the game's been developed under for quite some time. Other rumors state that the game is going to move the franchise away from its squad-based strategy roots and instead implement FPS action instead.

EA is planning to hold a press conference at Gamescom this coming Tuesday, so look for an update about the game then.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-11-syndicate-gamescom-reveal-rumoured>Eurogamer

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
vansau said:
Other rumors state that the game is going to move the franchise away from its squad-based strategy roots and instead implement FPS action instead.
I don't want to seem negative, but if that happens, I'm going to break down and cry. :p Another pre-current gen game swept up by the FPS craze. Well, that, and because this is EA we're talking about, I fully expect a truckload of DLC to be distributed with it.

Still if this happens - the potential of it becoming an FPS aside - then I'm excited for it.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Bobbity said:
vansau said:
Other rumors state that the game is going to move the franchise away from its squad-based strategy roots and instead implement FPS action instead.
I don't want to seem negative, but if that happens, I'm going to break down and cry. :p
Yeah, you and me both.

Feb 13, 2008
vansau said:
Bobbity said:
vansau said:
I don't want to seem negative, but if that happens, I'm going to break down and cry. :p
Yeah, you and me both.
Me third. What's next? Sabrewulf the FPS?

Why don't people get that the name also conjurs all the good things about it, and is not just a tool for levering people into buying a shitty piece of media that bears resemblance in name only.

Dean Sturgess

Mar 30, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
vansau said:
Bobbity said:
vansau said:
Yeah, you and me both.

Why don't people get that the name also conjurs all the good things about it, and is not just a tool for levering people into buying a shitty piece of media that bears resemblance in name only.
Fourthed....

I still play syndicate wars on dosbox....

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
Ok, let me get this straight...
...they take Syndicate, which was just nothing BUT squad based strategy and make it an FPS.

Didn't they think that the outrage about Xcom MIGHT repeat itself with this one ?

Lets see what they present at gamescon, but I do hope that at some point someone in the audience of those presentation just yells out Bullshit if they do expect us to buy another Mass Effect clone dressed up as a retro game.
Let me guess:

Moral choice system
Ordering around 2-3 buddies via bullet-time commands.
Cover based shooting
Color palatte consisting of Brown,Metal,dark brown and light metal.
Only namesake appearance of Series staples like chip control.

Anyway, it is EA and since they WILL require Origin to play this game, I won't pick this up.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Bobbity said:
vansau said:
I don't want to seem negative, but if that happens, I'm going to break down and cry. :p Another pre-current gen game swept up by the FPS craze. Well, that, and because this is EA we're talking about, I fully expect a truckload of DLC to be distributed with it.

Still if this happens - the potential of it becoming an FPS aside - then I'm excited for it.
I'd love to say I'm with you, that losing the squad element would ruin the game for me.
But in all honesty, if they have guns that can destroy multiple buildings in a single shot, I'll be happy with it.

Mar 30, 2010
Rumors are flying across the Web that the public will finally get to see EA and Starbreeze's new Syndicate game at Gamescom next week.
F*ck yeah!
F*ck no!

This could, stress could, work if done in a Deus Ex kinda way, but even then ...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
If they make it into a FPS, I will laugh until my belly hurts.

It won't be the fun kind of laughing.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I was excited for a second there. What a massive kick in the guts that would be. First X-Com now Syndicate, I'm not liking the future.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
vansau said:
Bobbity said:
vansau said:
Yeah, you and me both.
Missile Command FPS.

You heard it first.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Sounds like EA want to make a cheap and lame Deus Ex clone to me... just like they do everytime a new GTA game is released.
Imagine how cool a Syndicate game would look in HD, with multiplayer... it could have been awesome, now there's no chance of that whatsoever.