Rumor: Final Fight's Muscular Mayor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rumor: Final Fight's Muscular Mayor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Mike Haggar may have overhand smashed his way into Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The final roster for revealed [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Xbox-360/dp/B003IE9V28/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1288534453&sr=8-2] at New York Comic Con earlier this month. This weekend, a new fighter may have been leaked thanks to Capcom's recent Halloween party.

In a photo gallery of the party posted on the Capcom Unity blog, one image shows an employee wearing a monkey mask sitting in front of a computer screen. That screen features a picture of Final Fight's [http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fight-Super-Nintendo/dp/B000B9TUWY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288535317&sr=1-1] very own Mike Haggar, the mayor that can both balance the budget and piledrive thugs through the concrete, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3's art style.

In Haggar's case, the pen is not even close to being as mighty as his ham-hock fists. Haggar was one of three fighters in the original Final Fight, in addition to Cody and Guy. Both of his Final Fight partners have already been featured in Street Fighter titles, so Marvel vs. Capcom 3 may be Haggar's time to shine. In Final Fight, Haggar is a grappler, so he'll likely have moves similar to Zangief should he turn out to be an official roster addition.

The photo appears to have been taken down from Capcom's website, so this very well might have been an accidental leak. For now, this is not an official reveal, but it does go along with the rumored list of characters that came out earlier this year. If Capcom officially announces Haggar soon, I wouldn't be surprised.

Source: Shoryuken [http://shoryuken.com/content/mike-haggar-leaked-marvel-vs-capcom-3-2261/]

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
If this is true, day one purchase haha! Still can't believe they left him out of Super Street Fighter IV, he was much more popular than the other Final Fight characters.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Every "leaked" list I have seen so far has already been proven wrong, but I am certainly excited if this turns out to be true.

Apr 28, 2008
i wonder what other characters would be good in a fighting game.

Hm... what other fighting games has Capcom made that were totally and completely awesome?

Just sayin'...

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Open Letter to Capcom.

Dear Capcom,

Put Gene from God Hand in your game, now.

Regards
Sush Alexandra.

Irridium said:

Hm... what other fighting games has Capcom made that were totally and completely awesome?

Just sayin'...
Thats a whole different game we need, like as soon as possible.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Irridium said:

Just sayin'...
... New game only bub.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
ColdStorage said:
Open Letter to Capcom.

Dear Capcom,

Put Gene from God Hand in your game, now.

Regards
Sush Alexandra.

Irridium said:

Just sayin'...
Thats a whole different game we need, like as soon as possible.
I wish gene would get in but I don't he will sadly

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
And then the fandom rejoiced.
I really hope this is true. The mighty Mayor Haggar (as I call him) was way awesome.
Also, when we see what other Mega Man character gets in? They have to have one of the blue/red bomber crew. The HAVE to.

Mar 26, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
If this is true, day one purchase haha! Still can't believe they left him out of Super Street Fighter IV, he was much more popular than the other Final Fight characters.
You've got to be kidding me; everyone knows it's all about Guy. He had his own Final Fight game for crying out loud.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
He deserves the spot. I never played Final Fight, but it's about him Capcom ressurected him and put him in 3D.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
That just leaves Punisher on my wish list for MvC 3.

Also, I'm on the band wagon for power stone 3

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Stabby Joe said:
You've got to be kidding me; everyone knows it's all about Guy. He had his own Final Fight game for crying out loud.
No, you've got to be kidding me if you don't know how popular Haggar is.

Mar 26, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
Stabby Joe said:
No, you've got to be kidding me if you don't know how popular Haggar is.
Oh I know; I just disagree. There are too many characters already like him in the Street Fighter roster though. That said I would have prefered him to Cody.

Mar 26, 2008
Irridium said:

Just sayin'...
Send that suggestion to Capcom immediately!

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Isn't Zangief basically a reskin of Haggar? They've got all the same moves, so isn't this going to be a Ryu/Ken style same character deal?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Final Fight Guy? That piece of shit was released like forever after Final Fight 3 was already out and was nothing less than Final Fight 1 all over again, problems and all, with Guy replacing Cody.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
For Capcom's sake, they'd better not be tricking us.