Rumor: Game Crazy Goes so Bonkers it Dies

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
There's a Game Crazy not too far from my house, attached to a Hollywood Video. Both places are shitholes; run down & neglected, I'm surprised it's stayed open as long as it has (corporate decisions aside.) For whatever reason, game companies seem only recognize Gamestop as a "proper" videogame chain, maybe it's the mall locations. I'm hoping I can hit up this Game Crazy for some good game deals before the doors close. Wonder if the Hollywood Video will follow suit?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I don;t believe I've ever seen a GameCrazy. Not in a mall, not as a stand-alone store, & not as part of a movie rental place.

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
I like my Gamestop better anyway. It's not a slam at this place I've never heard of. I just got a buddy working at Gamestop right now.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Hail Fire 998 said:
I only got one game there.
Halo 2 collector's edition.
What did I get?
A plain black box with two disks.
It was... infuriating.
What I'm getting at: suck that people are going to lose their jobs, but I will not mourn that store chain.
Wait, what happened?

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure it's not a rumor; if they're owned by Movie Gallery, and they're packing up and going home, wouldn't that mean that Game Crazy would shut down too?

(As Movie Gallery going bankrupt, I'm not surprised. They were too bloody expensive for anything useful.)

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Wait a minute, who exactly are these? I've not heard of them, seen them or visited their stores, if any.

They are as real to me as trolls or Chuck Norris.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
Well you know, when your training videos look like this:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/03/18/tse-riff-theater-gamecrazy-training-video/

your bound to have some problems at some point.
Thank you for posting this. Zelda is... I don't really know how to describe it. All I know is, I hope she felt bad about what she just did.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Trust me everyone, Game Crazy going out of business is a good thing. They were a terrible company to work for and if you think Gamestop was bad about pushing memberships and pre-orders on their customers, Game Crazy was worse. I too am surprised they lasted as long as they did. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I might care more if I knew what a Game Crazy was. I just know it's owned by a company that's been shut down.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Starke said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
I only got one game there.
Halo 2 collector's edition.
What did I get?
A plain black box with two disks.
It was... infuriating.
What I'm getting at: suck that people are going to lose their jobs, but I will not mourn that store chain.
Wait, what happened?
They said they could not find the box.
So since I was leaving that morning and I did not want to have to wait for a year to get Halo 2 (it was the last copy in the store) I settled with it.