Rumor: Harley Quinn Returns In Batman: Arkham City DLC

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Rumor: Harley Quinn Returns In Batman: Arkham City DLC

A leaked batch of PlayStation 3 Trophies seemingly reveals an upcoming Arkham City downloadable content update focused on the Joker's manic henchwoman.

The theoretically upcoming Trophy list comes courtesy of the aptly named PS3Trophies.org, and alongside the 61 Trophies currently available in Rocksteady Studios' smash hit Batman: Arkham City, it includes an additional 10 Trophies for something the site refers to as the "Harley Quinn DLC."

Take that however you'd like, but it's not the most interesting bit.

Instead, I would draw your attention to the Trophy labelled "A Few New Tricks." That Trophy's description reads: "Use 5 different Quickfire gadgets in one fight as Robin in Harley Quinn's Revenge."

Not only does that refer to some as-yet-unknown section of Batman: Arkham City called "Harley Quinn's Revenge," it also indicates that Robin will be a playable character in this episode -- good news for Tim Drake fans who were disappointed to see that the Boy Wonder was only playable in Arkham City's Challenge Maps.

Unfortunately, since this PS3Trophies.org list is the only bit of info we have on the hypothetical DLC, I can't tell you when this "Harley Quinn's Revenge" will be released, nor its price. For that matter, I can't even officially say that this thing even exists. Rocksteady refuses to confirm or deny the DLC, and publisher Warner Bros. Interactive is being mum on the entire issue.

Until we get some kind of official confirmation, please continue glumly chewing grains of salt and hoping against hope for more story content in Batman: Arkham City.

Source: CVG [http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/batman-arkham-city/trophies/]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
This is one of those secrecy things i dont quite understand again. We all knew it was coming one way or another, so why not at least admit its existence if you screw up at keeping it under wraps?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
After just recently playing it, That was one thing I thought about. There does need to be a Harley Quinn related DLC and the most imperative thing to it should be the addition of the animated series Harley costume to go along with Catwoman/robin/night wing, etc should you play as the animated batman skin.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
draythefingerless said:
the robin achieve sounds like a new challenge map.
Yup, i had the same feeling. Like how Black Mask was the boss of one of the other challenge map sets.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Oh PLEEEAASSE Rocksteady! Harley was absolutely devastated at the ending events of Arkham City and it would be amazing to see her attempt to take the Batman's elimination into her own hands out of sheer grief and madness.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Warner Bros. Interactive is being mum on the entire issue.
I don't think you can "be" mum in this particular situation. I believe the correct expression is to "keep" mum. It's a British thing. /nitpick

OT: It'll be nice to have an excuse to go back to Arkham City, especially if the DLC can form some sort of continuation from the game's plot. No doubt a bridge between City and the inevitable third game...

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
Am I the only one that thought that was Jeanette Voerman at first?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010

I haven't been keeping up with my Arkham City DLC, but I'll probably pick this up if this turns out to be true.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Harley saving joker by reviving Mr.J with lazerous pit? holding bat's GF as hostage? when joker revived, sets up for next game.. Batman: GOTHEM CITY

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Frozengale said:
Screw playing as Robin, I wanna play as Harley.
This. Yeah pretty much my emediate hopes when i read the title of the article. We should be able to play as her-even if it is only challenge maps which i hope it isn't onlt that- and we should get DC animated skin from back in the day to fit the others.

I really really hope this is true(which im sure it is at this point) and i hope we get to play harley in the challenge maps AS WELL as get continued story about her attempting revenge on batman.

OT: Is it wrong that i want to see her succeed and idk kill off robin to grieve batman like she has been grieved? It would be nice to see something dramatic and story changing in....as i type this i remember the ending to Arkham City....yep im stupid.

Griever

Sleeping Lionheart
Mar 30, 2012
I think it will have something to do with the pregnancy test 'easter egg' found within the game, As NicoDK said, and no Harley didn't 'go' anywhere but she was tied up and left by the Joker (we assume, but possibly by Clayface?) maybe she was left because of the pregnancy test? Who knows?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Oh please. Please please please. I love her an unhealthy amount <3 I knew I was holding onto my Arkham City for a reason.
I hope we see what she does after
Joker dies. You can hear her crying into those Harley figure things. and you can find a positive pregnancy test so could be interesting.

Playing as her would be quite interesting too, see how she differs to the rest when fighting.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
This would have been cool if it had been released a while ago. But it's April guys. Arkham City was released back in October and there's hardly been any content for it since November. A lot of people I know had it have traded it in now, including me.

Then again, I don't think I'm missing out on much. AC's DLC was just okay.