I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
1st: She needs the money
2nd: She needs the publicity
3rd: She needs the money

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Well, at least we got that awesome tweet out of this debacle. It wasnt a total waste.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
read that it was that one Franklin side mission (which was really funny lol)
but yeah no she wishes she looked like the bikini selfie girl haha

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
Well crap, she's got them there. Trevor's a dead ringer. A good blonde wig and it's a spitting image.

More seriously, she needs to get over herself. She's not the only blonde paparazzi magnet of vague morals open for parody out there, and it's not like said parody of loose socialites is the crux of the whole bloody game.

Even if she was being made fun of, parody is protected speech, even in a commercial work. They're not saying it's her or trying to pass it off that she's what we're there for.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The utter hilarity of the Trevor tweet aside, Lohan has her work cut out for her here, I think. Here's a good reason why:

Loki_The_Good said:
Using a likeness as satire ... So if she wins this does that mean that SNL will be forced off the air?
There is right now a quote attributed to Sarah Palin ("I can see Russia from my house") that she never actually said; it was Tina Fey portraying her in a Saturday Night Live skit. But if Palin decided to take NBC to court, she'd be thrown out on her ear. Why? Because parody and satire are highly protected in the American legal system. Lohan would have to prove beyond all doubt that the likeness is deliberate and close enough in resemblance to be confused for her. Unless the character has the distinctive tattoos she does, I doubt she'd get far.

Elias Islas Rodriguez said:
Holy crap, i just followed the link of Shelby Welinder... WHATS WRONG WITH THE MODELS NOW!!! WHERES THE... WHERES THE MEAT??!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE WOMAN BEAUTY :(
In modelling these days, if they can't see your back from your front, you're too fat.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TMZ news source?

*sigh*

<.<

Well... It is kindof funny. I doubt she'd go through with it seeing as she didn't sue Robot Chicken over this. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izqeNpod6Mg]

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Loki_The_Good said:
Using a likeness as satire ... So if she wins this does that mean that SNL will be forced off the air? seriously no one bought this game thinking it was backed by her likeness. How desperate for attention is she.
1337mokro said:
I pity the lawyer that has to argue that case. "Satire should be made illegal!"
Zachary Amaranth said:
The argument is going to be based on the right of publicity [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_publicity], where an individual has a right to their own image for commercial purposes, similar to a trademark claim. Truthfully, her claim is going to be very difficult, as such laws tend to be narrowly construed to actual images of the person and not created images or references.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
The Gentleman said:
It's interesting that you snip me so it now looks like I'm in accordance with the other posters.
You were claiming defenses (fair use parody[footnote]Funfact: Satire, because it is a broader commentary and doesn't require a specific reference, does not enjoy the same fair use protections as parody[/footnote]) that were in line with their understanding of what the claim would be. My point is that it's a different claim entirely and not subject to the defenses raised.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Considering what Lindsay Lohan is doing, if I was her, I'd consider it an honour to be in a video game and not have to do any work.