Rumor: Michael Bay in Talks to Make Two New Transformers Movies

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
MLP:FiM came about due to BAYFORMERS?!? I was right...the multiverse HAS gone loopy!

I'm with wooty. I'm suspecting MovieBob is saying what Luke was quoted saying in a couple previous posts.

CAPTCHA: Lord ssales

Lord Ssales! The Minister of Silly Walks wishes to speak with you!

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
I want to see someone other than Michael Bay direct a transformers movie. Get someone with fresher eyes and someone less full of himself. Get a real writer who knows how to write about Transformers instead of writing around Transformers.

I've been watching Transformers: Prime and while it tries to emulate a lot of stuff from the movies it's much better executed. I'm not talking CGI, I'm talking plot, pacing, characterization (Humans and Transformers), shot composition.

I'm done with Bay and his Transformers.

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Wow that really blows. In order to make everyone feel better, here's a link to Shia Labeouf getting punched in the face!!

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_vs0yz2zu

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I thought he specifically stated many times that he didn't want to make any more transformers movies?
I can get that you want to make a new Transformers movies, they made a lot of money. But why rehire the guy that pretty much every critic and fan hated? As for Jason Statham... Shia Lebeuf is bad, but Statham isn't good either.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Well, that's...what's the word for it?

No Mr. Bay, it's not awesome...more...not needed?

Honestly, even though the plots of most of the Transformers movies were filled with holes, I didn't mind them that much. What I couldn't stand as Bay's childish attempts at humour. Definitely not a series I really enjoy, but whatever.

Ah well, might as well prepare for Moviebob calling people morons for liking these two as well...

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
I am happy. These are fun movies to watch, like Godzilla movies. Do people keep forgetting these are based off toys? Cars that turn into robots? The day people want depth from robots that turn into cars and "Rollout" is the day I feared, but it came sooner than I expected. Who doesn't like good action, cgi and hot women? Did we forget the simpler things in life? We have plenty of movies that are mentally stimulating if thats your thing, but drop the nostalgia cry of your crushed childhoods. Nobody thinks your cool sticking to your outdated mediums. The old transformers show was good for its time, but its kinda boring. And lets be honest, Shia la Beef was the main problem. Now he is gone and now the muthafucking Transporter is his replacement. When I buy popcorn and candy and sit down for a movie, I want it to entertain me. Not every movie has to be The Dark Knight or Inception.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Fuck sake. Why??

They could give the series to a good director and give a reboot(if ANY series was in need it's Transformers) and still make piles of money.

Not one of those movies has been good. Especially not the latest one.

ChromaticWolfen said:
How about no humans what so ever and just keep the robots in? That would be nice.
Transformers: War for Cybertron is exactly that and it's the best transformers game made yet!

Don Savik said:
I am happy. These are fun movies to watch, like Godzilla movies. Do people keep forgetting these are based off toys? Cars that turn into robots? The day people want depth from robots that turn into cars and "Rollout" is the day I feared, but it came sooner than I expected. Who doesn't like good action, cgi and hot women? Did we forget the simpler things in life? We have plenty of movies that are mentally stimulating if thats your thing, but drop the nostalgia cry of your crushed childhoods. Nobody thinks your cool sticking to your outdated mediums. The old transformers show was good for its time, but its kinda boring. And lets be honest, Shia la Beef was the main problem. Now he is gone and now the muthafucking Transporter is his replacement. When I buy popcorn and candy and sit down for a movie, I want it to entertain me. Not every movie has to be The Dark Knight or Inception.
Why settle for shit when it can be great? Transformers has that potential for depth, without compromising action. Why let it stew in mediocrity? If people had said that after seeing Batman and Robin we wouldn't have Batman Begins or The Dark Knight.

Also what is the point in the action if it's hard to follow? I find that half the time I can't see the action involving the robots because of their design and then end up just looking like a mess of metal. Compare that to say, Real Steal, which had great robot fights and you could see it perfectly because it's slowed down to a reasonable speed and the robots are easy to perceive.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Why you all so mad? Yes, the first Transformers was pretty crap with the far too much human storyline...but the second and third movies gave most Transformers and Bay fans exactly what they wanted. Massive fields of robotic destruction. Plot? Well, aside from a very simple one (SIMPLE DOES NOT MEAN BAD, FOR FUCKS SAKE! CAPS RAGE!) just to have a story in it, the third was just one long awesome fight scene. Which I do not have a problem with. If I wanted to watch some intelligent movie with a deep characters, I would watch something else. And I do. But other times I want to see epic destruction, because deep movies never seem to include them. And we seem to be stuck in an age where a movie like that fails all the time.

Critics can piss and moan as much as they want. But fact is, Transformers made more money than they will ever see, instantly making it a finfancial success. And seeing as how that's what movies seem to be created for now...and have always been, there shouldn't be a problem.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Reaper195 said:
Why you all so mad? Yes, the first Transformers was pretty crap with the far too much human storyline...but the second and third movies gave most Transformers and Bay fans exactly what they wanted. Massive fields of robotic destruction. Plot? Well, aside from a very simple one (SIMPLE DOES NOT MEAN BAD, FOR FUCKS SAKE! CAPS RAGE!) just to have a story in it, the third was just one long awesome fight scene. Which I do not have a problem with. If I wanted to watch some intelligent movie with a deep characters, I would watch something else. And I do. But other times I want to see epic destruction, because deep movies never seem to include them. And we seem to be stuck in an age where a movie like that fails all the time.

Critics can piss and moan as much as they want. But fact is, Transformers made more money than they will ever see, instantly making it a finfancial success. And seeing as how that's what movies seem to be created for now...and have always been, there shouldn't be a problem.
I watched Dark Side of the Moon just two days ago and it was trash. It DIDN'T focus on the Transformers as you say. In fact, yes there was fights going on around, but it still put most of it's focus onto the human characters. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee had such a disappointingly small amount of screen time. Hell Optimus spent half of the final battle tangled in cables while Bay follows Sam around doing his shit we don't care about. His character is worthless and annoying, although not even as worthless as the marines.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Bay apparently wants to film his something without robots first - the bodybuilding crime thriller Pain and Gain
But - but how can he cram explosions into THAT?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
fi6eka said:
Oh, god dammit!!

I just burst out laughing ^^

now I'm not one of those guys who only want there to be Transformers in the movie(s)...simply a decent context for all the action for me to actually care about what the heck is going on :/

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
quote="ChildofGallifrey" post="7.318565.12987252"]As much as I dislike the Bayformers flicks, I'm intrigued by this one. The biggest complaint (aside from the atrocious writing, but if you're watching a Michael Bay film for the intellectually challenging dialogue you're doing it wrong) was that the movies spent too much time focusing on Shia Laboeuf trying to get laid than on giant robots beating the hell out of stuff, right? If they replace Laboeuf with Jason Statham, then the whole movie is either going to be robots beating stuff up, or Jason Statham beating stuff up. It's a win/win!

I'll reserve judgement until this is something other than a rumor.[/quote]

LOL excellent observation and idea

I suppose if we can't have a halfway decent backdrop for the story and junk...might as well go all the way action

a good compromise perhaps!

Aug 1, 2010

Squirm Transformers fans! SQUIRM!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

*ahem*

Sorry, I just enjoy reading the comments whenever something like this happens. I actually rather liked 1 and 3. Though 2 was still a holocaust of film making.