Rumor: Michael Bay in Talks to Make Two New Transformers Movies

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
It's been said so many times before now, but it needs to be said some more.

'No more Bay! Ge someone who actually gives a shit about not making a two hour long military recruitment video!'

Feb 13, 2008
Eveonline100 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That's it settled then. We cannot achieve anything until Lucas and Bay are both removed from the gene pool. Throw Cowell in there as well.
Why don't we also throw in Bobby Kotick?
Because he's just the public face. If we're going to really clear house, let's get Ricitello in there as well.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Director Michael Bay is said to be in talks with Paramount over returning to the Transformers franchise for not one, but two new movies. The studio apparently wants to shoot Transformers 4 and 5 back to back in order to save money, and Bay is said to be "interested" in more robotic carnage.
By which I assume you mean "Cliche 'drama' between unlikable characters and military hardware fetishism occasionally interspersed with robotic carnage, if Mr. Bay feels like it."

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
I don't get all the hate for Bay's Transformers movies.
Am I the only one who enjoyed the movies?

/Cliche rant starters that usually end up having very little relatable insight and more sloppy slinging of personal preferences.

No, I didn't read the thread, most of it, but we see posts like those all the time. I do hate my naked cliches. And speaking of, I saw the first movie and came out feeling "meh", and didn't really watch the 2nd or 3rd one...at all. Nice to see I missed absolutely nothing...except the chance I'll have to hear the hype all over again with Bob slamming the movies. . __.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
So another 2 films where the title people tend to be obscured behind explosions and the military flexing its muscles.

Ok thats a bit harse, but the first film was the best and its ok at best...
Heck idk why bay is considered a gd director as off the top of my head i cant think of a good film of his from say the last decade.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
That's it settled then. We cannot achieve anything until Lucas and Bay are both removed from the gene pool. Throw Cowell in there as well.
I'd pick throwing in Uwe Boll in there first anyday.
Sorry, I'll have to stand up for Uwe Boll at this juncture.

Sure he makes bad films, but he makes BAD films. These are films of insanely detailed levels of badness. Films that exemplify bad acting, bad dialogue and bad canon.

What he doesn't do is promote them as good.

Bay works on making a realistic robots battle over Dawson's Creek script with CGI'd teenagers having a CGI'd love while the robots battle to become human. BECAUSE HUMANITY IS THE BEST OF ALL RACES, AS LONG AS THEY'RE WHITE.

Lucas has a spasmodic timeline where he shovels CGI'd humans in front of CGI'd set pieces and constantly raises the CGI'd stakes to the sword fight LIGHTSABRE BATTLE. And then the Good CGI wins.AS LONG AS THEY'RE WHITE.

Cowell is just a confidence trickster who throws money into making simple puzzles WITH CGI REAL PEOPLE LOOK REALLY SHINY AND THEY MIGHT WIN BIG MONEY TO HELP THEM OUT OF THEIR CRIPPLING DEBT AND ONLY YOU CAN HELP THEM OUT OF THEIR LIFE OF DRUDGERY BY GIVING US 90% OF YOUR PHONE CALL SO WE CAN THROW THEM CRUMBS.AS LONG AS THEY'RE PRETTY

Boll just makes crappy movies. Nothing wrong with that on the big scale.
I enjoyed the Transformers movies quite a lot actually so difference of opinion I guess.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Krion_Vark said:
Fayathon said:
Wat.

I mean...

How the fuck do you revive a series that you brutally killed off the big bads to? Then again, a revival deus ex machina really wouldn't be beyond Bay would it, if it meant another two movies that will gross an inordinate amount of cash.

I'm morbidly curious as to what the hell he'd do with the series if he was greenlit for another go, but I really hope it falls through.
Doesn't Unicron pretty much heal all the bad guys before using them as his own personal army or something?
Hell if I remember, it's been a long time since I watched the old series.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Kitsuna10060 said:
koroem said:
They still have the possibility of Galvatron and Unicron if they stick with the main series stories. Or they might invent a new baddie, They never showed Cybertron completely destroyed, and the Decepticons numbered in the millions. The movie only showed off a fraction of the force that was supposedly left on Cybertron.
Galvatron IS Megatron though >.> in every iteration I've seen of him. Unicron would be cool, but no idea how that would work.

ether way, I'm filled with disappoint, that bay might be returning, but at the same time, curious as to what they'll do next
But Megatron didn't become Galvatron till he was pretty much on his deathbed. Altering it slightly so that Unicron brings him back to life isn't really a big stretch. In the comic series he was a god of destruction that stood counter to Primus, the "lord" of light (transformers benevolent "creator" if you will). Unicron is the biggest evil entity in the Transformers Universe. If I remember correctly, Primus transformed himself permanently into the planet Cybertron and gave birth to the Transformer race to protect the galaxy from Unicron. It isn't unlikely that Unicron would have the ability to respark (revive) Megatron in a new movie if they kept to the lore.

Feb 13, 2008
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
I enjoyed the Transformers movies quite a lot actually so difference of opinion I guess.
Here's the big point.

It's not an opinion.

Bay's movies - by any quantitative measure of quality - are not good movies. They're successful, but then so are a number of atrocious and wonderful movies.

The selling of these movies IS astounding, and we both agree on that. But Bay has nothing to do with that.

Your enjoyment of it though makes no difference to whether the movie was good/bad/successful or not.

It just meant you enjoyed it.

Equally, Meet The Spartans made nearly 200% profit. Was it a good film?
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics. Rotten Tomatoes ranked the film 25th in the 100 worst reviewed films of the 2000s, with a rating of 2%." Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 9 out of 100, based on 11 reviews ? indicating "extreme dislike or disgust" and being the worst received film by the director on the site.
That makes it a film that is profitable to remake. There are also people who liked that film.

For a film that ranks lower than The Hangover:part 2, it's still worth re-making.

You know what else ranks lower than that movie? Dark of the Moon.

That doesn't make it worthwhile.

Lord Rothschild

Sep 27, 2010
ChildofGallifrey said:
If they replace Laboeuf with Jason Statham, then the whole movie is either going to be robots beating stuff up, or Jason Statham beating stuff up. It's a win/win!

I'll reserve judgement until this is something other than a rumor.
OR JASON BEATING UP ROBOTS

I just creamed my self thinking about that.

But it is nice to see that there are people, like me who know how to enjoy a Bey film(beleave me that was harder too say than you think) honestly people Bey fils are the best things to relax your brain too as soon as I see Beys name my brains like "OK this guy again I'll see you in an hour or two I'm going to sleep" then I'm all "I liek Mikal bayah fimls"

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Here's the big point.

It's not an opinion.

Bay's movies - by any quantitative measure of quality - are not good movies. They're successful, but then so are a number of atrocious and wonderful movies.

The selling of these movies IS astounding, and we both agree on that. But Bay has nothing to do with that.

Your enjoyment of it though makes no difference to whether the movie was good/bad/successful or not.

It just meant you enjoyed it.

Equally, Meet The Spartans made nearly 200% profit. Was it a good film?
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics. Rotten Tomatoes ranked the film 25th in the 100 worst reviewed films of the 2000s, with a rating of 2%." Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 9 out of 100, based on 11 reviews ? indicating "extreme dislike or disgust" and being the worst received film by the director on the site.
That makes it a film that is profitable to remake. There are also people who liked that film.

For a film that ranks lower than The Hangover:part 2, it's still worth re-making.

You know what else ranks lower than that movie? Dark of the Moon.

That doesn't make it worthwhile.
Whether or not a movie is good or bad varies from person or person. The only reason critics have a job is because they think their opinion means the truth more than other people. I think they were good and if people wanna disagree more power to them. That's just my way of seeing it.

Feb 13, 2008
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Whether or not a movie is good or bad varies from person or person.
Whether someone enjoys a movie varies from person to person. The quality of the movie is fixed, that's what gives it it's appeal.
The only reason critics have a job is because they think their opinion means the truth more than other people.
But that's just your opinion, right?
I think they were good and if people wanna disagree more power to them. That's just my way of seeing it.
OK, let's play this your way. How do YOU define a movie as being good without referring to whether you liked it or not?

How would you rank Dark of the Moon against another film you rather liked, and against one you didn't like?

If it's just "It had big robots fighting in it", then there's far better movies for that. Real Steel for instance.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Fayathon said:
Wat.

I mean...

How the fuck do you revive a series that you brutally killed off the big bads to? Then again, a revival deus ex machina really wouldn't be beyond Bay would it, if it meant another two movies that will gross an inordinate amount of cash.

I'm morbidly curious as to what the hell he'd do with the series if he was greenlit for another go, but I really hope it falls through.
Isnt there that big planet eating mother fudger... unicron or something. The idea of the human race teaming up with the Transformers to invade a planet eating robot sounds epic... but then why will it proberly still suck?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
This isn't the most depressing news coming out of Hollywood right now. What's worse is Hasbro and Paramount not only wanting two more Transformers films but also wanting to make films based on the following:

Micronauts
Ouija
Candyland
Risk
Stretch Armstrong
Clue (why remake this? the 80's film was great.)
Monopoly

Feel free to either vomit in disgust or laugh hysterically. I did both.

In other news, a film based on the board game Battleship is set to come to theaters fairly soon.
And, if you pay close attention, you can see that the things the alien (yes, aliens) crafts are firing look identical to the pegs used in the game.

EverythingIncredible said:
Well...could have been worse. Could have been directed by Roland Emmerich.
Worse? Or just a different flavor of shit?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
moviedork said:
tzimize said:
Another transformers movie though...that wouldnt make me spend money if my life depended on it. The last transformers movie is quite possibly the WORST movie I have ever had the misfortune to see. Even if it was not a lot of money, spending money on that cinema is one of my greatest regrets.
I hope I don't sound rude on this, but any one who says that Transformers 3 is possibly the worst movies they've ever seen clearly hasn't seen enough movies in their lifetime.
For example, there's Transformers 2 [/troll]. Or most of Green Lantern (At this point I will stop, for the sake of preventing a massive rant about adapted screenplays; especially the steaming shitpile that was the last 3/4 of GL)