Rumor: Michael Bay in Talks to Make Two New Transformers Movies

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
koroem said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
koroem said:
They still have the possibility of Galvatron and Unicron if they stick with the main series stories. Or they might invent a new baddie, They never showed Cybertron completely destroyed, and the Decepticons numbered in the millions. The movie only showed off a fraction of the force that was supposedly left on Cybertron.
Galvatron IS Megatron though >.> in every iteration I've seen of him. Unicron would be cool, but no idea how that would work.

ether way, I'm filled with disappoint, that bay might be returning, but at the same time, curious as to what they'll do next
But Megatron didn't become Galvatron till he was pretty much on his deathbed. Altering it slightly so that Unicron brings him back to life isn't really a big stretch. In the comic series he was a god of destruction that stood counter to Primus, the "lord" of light (transformers benevolent "creator" if you will). Unicron is the biggest evil entity in the Transformers Universe. If I remember correctly, Primus transformed himself permanently into the planet Cybertron and gave birth to the Transformer race to protect the galaxy from Unicron. It isn't unlikely that Unicron would have the ability to respark (revive) Megatron in a new movie if they kept to the lore.
all very true, BUT, -.- this is Michel Bay we're talking about, i have no doubt he will ignore the lore for the next 2 movies as well

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Never mind Statham; are they planning to hire any goddamn screenwriters this time?

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I say we take bay seal him and all the scripts and what not from 3 (and the possable 4 and 5) in a lead box and drop it in the mariana trench

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
About the time I figure hey I can start back enjoying Transformers again now that the movies are out of the way they decide they need to do more movies.

Lots of things I've enjoyed like Transformers Animated, new takes on old characters with the Generations line of figures, the War for Cybertron take on things, even Transformers Prime. Yet somehow the films manage to miss everything that make me interested in Transformers.

Perhaps they can run the film franchise into the ground and then we could be done with it. The domestic box office for Dark of the Moon was lower than Revenge of the Fallen even with the 3D surcharge so maybe the rest of the world can catch up to the idea these films have ran out of ideas except more explosions and how many Decepticons can Team America kill this time.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
To add to the collection of "NO" videos. :p

Yeah , fuck you , Hollywood , and fuck Michael Bay.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Z of the Na said:
008Zulu said:
His presence does not guarantee success or watchability for that matter.
I disagree. That man is a God among manly men. You need look no further than Death Race, Crank, and Crank 2: High Voltage.

If these new Transformers films are anything like the aforementioned, then indeed, count me in.
I refer you to "The Mechanic", "In the name of the King" (?[That Uwe Bolle thing he did]) and "The Transporter 3".

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Well Transformers 3 was the best of the three(as long as you skipped the first 1.5 hours). Though I'm not holding my breath that they'll rise to anything better then acceptable.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Rossmallo said:
NO! NOOO! NOT THIS WAY!

Why are you frigging DOING this, Bay!? Are you not content with how much damage you did to the series already?
He hasn't done any damage...Just because it isn't G1 does not mean it's awful, The Transformers canon has been changed many times and Bay's redesigning of them is no different.

Seriously i am hardly a fan of his new imagining of them, but are they watchable without me going "He fucked up"...Yes, they are, And they are quite enjoyable if given the patients...

It's a re-imagining, so he can pretty much do what he wants.

There at least 7 different universes with Transformers in them (G1, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, Prime, Robots in Disguise, Animated, Beast Wars and Bayformers), pick one of the 7 and stick to that.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
As much as I don't care for Transformers I'd really like for Michael Bay to fuck off back to pre-school hand painting class he came from. As for Statham .... come on man stick to the Guy Ritchie movies, you're better than this.

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
lets hope that its secretly going to be Crank 3; The thirst for energon or something. and not directed by Bay, his best thing of recent was his appearance in south park. oh....

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
I enjoyed the Transformers movies quite a lot actually so difference of opinion I guess.
Here's the big point.

It's not an opinion.

Bay's movies - by any quantitative measure of quality - are not good movies. They're successful, but then so are a number of atrocious and wonderful movies.

The selling of these movies IS astounding, and we both agree on that. But Bay has nothing to do with that.

Your enjoyment of it though makes no difference to whether the movie was good/bad/successful or not.

It just meant you enjoyed it.

Equally, Meet The Spartans made nearly 200% profit. Was it a good film?
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews from critics. Rotten Tomatoes ranked the film 25th in the 100 worst reviewed films of the 2000s, with a rating of 2%." Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 9 out of 100, based on 11 reviews ? indicating "extreme dislike or disgust" and being the worst received film by the director on the site.
That makes it a film that is profitable to remake. There are also people who liked that film.

For a film that ranks lower than The Hangover:part 2, it's still worth re-making.

You know what else ranks lower than that movie? Dark of the Moon.

That doesn't make it worthwhile.
Whether or not a movie is good or bad varies from person or person. The only reason critics have a job is because they think their opinion means the truth more than other people. I think they were good and if people wanna disagree more power to them. That's just my way of seeing it.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
well, there goes the hopes for an an animated Transformers movie this decade. And Bay's setting his sights on killing the ninja Turtles next, care to ruin any more 80's pop culture while your at it Bay?