Rumor: Modern Warfare 3 Going Epic With Huge, Destructible Levels

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Oh right. So they're stealing ideas from their main competition in FPS.
I dont think they should.
COD works for people who like an arcade shooter style thing, and Battlefield works for people who like teamplay and tactics.
BC2 size maps and destructible environments wont work that well in COD. IMO.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
But that would require a total engine revamp, and they have already said they are not interested in that, plus its Activision.

Also, does any one else think that having two(Possibly three)developers on one game is a complete train wreck waiting to happen?

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
I bet it'll be an epic 3 hours long!

Sorry, guys, but after the criminally short and ultra-linear MW1 and 2 I'm going to have to be sceptical about any grandious claims here.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Look, the grahpics in the series have been jaw droppingly gorgeous and the shooting mechanics have been excellent. Balance the multiplayer, tighten the story, give me more Soap and Price and let me have some missions where I can tear apart Moscow. That's all I ask of Modern Warfare 3.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
I wasn't pleased at all with BlOps graphics, or story for that matter.
Treyarch used the engine from CoDWaW instead of taking up IW's newer (and much cleaner) engine.

And yeah. I thought the Campaign sucked in general.

OT: I'm extremely cautious. Admittedly, I've liked every new addition to the series regardless, but to see them actually gun for something new considering they really are secure (no matter how "meh" destructible environments are), really gives me a little bit of a legitimate "good for you" kinda feeling, one that I haven't felt for this series in a long while.

For the love of God, just at least tell me the Russian government was previously taken over by Ultranationals.

Or at least put a mission in focusing on Spetsnaz infiltrations.

Edit: What if when both Battlefield and CoD are released they'll be the exact same thing? I'd lolicaust.

Jonathan Bradford

May 9, 2011
I like Battlefield more once I tried it, both series become boring to me after awhile though. It's nice to see other IP's taking good ideas/mechanics to heart, my only issue is that it feels like this was done solely to be able to say "we have (blank) too!" to the consumer, not for the betterment of the series.

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
So it's going to be like Battlefie-
elilupe said:
So now Call of Duty is going for Battlefield's fans and Battlefield is going for Call of Duty's fans. This should be interesting.
Damn ninjas...

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
Call of Black company : Bad Ops 3 :) i unno cod lost it foor me with blops but this could be the last hurrah that makes me show the series the door for the rest of eternity xxx

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Escalation implies silly world war 3. Let it be so. I've so gone beyond taking this franchise seriously, it needs to go really over the top now, it's the only way anything can be taken from it. Like fighting in a city with nukes going off, and running from the nukes. Does that even make any sense? No, but damnit, we'll do it fer america!

They should call it Call of duty: Lets get silly.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
elilupe said:
So now Call of Duty is going for Battlefield's fans and Battlefield is going for Call of Duty's fans. This should be interesting.
lol thats exactly what i was thinking :p

its good, should mix things up a bit.

KiraTaureLor

Mar 27, 2011
Funny, I first heard that it was going to be in space, and this comes out, the story sounds pretty boring.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Sounds like they are trying something different... thought the same thing with Blops... show, dont tell, and than I may be impressed...

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: Does it come with sillies that hate the game but still play a million billion hours in it? :D
codprick reporting in. :p

OT: Well, makes no difference since I'm always going to buy cowadoody, good or bad. :/

Let us hope that the "raep my wallet" edition does not cause $200 of raep. (=_=)

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
Pretty soon Publishers won't be able to copy each other, I can see it now...

Call of Duty: Crusader Warfare 198 sold like hotcakes especially with our open world enviroments and our main character killing Templars. What now?

well sir we haven't done Call of Duty: BC warfare... No one has ever made a game in 3657 BC

That's stupid, why do something that fans don't already want?

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Tdc2182 said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I liked this when it was Bad Company 2.
But not Bad Company 1? Seeing how it was done in that game and no one really cared?
Was it? I honestly never played Bad Company 1. Bad Company 2 is actually my first foray into the Battlefield games.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Hmmmmm, where could Modern Warfare 3 POSSIBLY have gotten the inspiration for destructible environments.