Rumor: MTV Planning Dawn of the Dead TV Series

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rumor: MTV Planning Dawn of the Dead TV Series

When there's no more room in hell, the dead may walk on MTV.

It's rumored that MTV is in talks to create a television series spin-off of George Romero's classic zombie film 300 [http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Dead-Unrated-Directors-Blu-ray/dp/B001CW7ZW6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1280868207&sr=1-1].

The development of this series is as rumored as rumors can get, with horror site Walking Dead [http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/] TV series hopefully on its way to AMC in 2010.

The original Dawn of the Dead featured typical slow-moving zombies, while the remake featured fast ones. As of now, MTV's spin-off could include both types. I'm of the belief that if your body is decaying, the joints and muscles probably wouldn't work well enough to run at top speed for too long. For this reason, slow moving zombies are more realistic. Fast moving zombies are more terrifying though, and a mix could work well, just as long as the fast moving zombie isn't used as an end-of-season cliffhanger.

This series could be the first show on MTV worthy of DVR'ing since Paris Hilton's My New BFF. I mean, since Jackass [http://www.amazon.com/My-Super-Sweet-16-Seasons/dp/B000P5FH6M/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1280868327&sr=1-1]? It will nicely complement other MTV shows such as Next and that Tila Tequila show. I would assume that a Dawn of the Dead spin-off series, even on MTV, would be made by someone who knows what they're doing, but for now I'm putting more faith in Walking Dead, which is based on a comic series that every zombie fan needs to read.

(Via: io9 [http://io9.com/5443462/mtv-launches-dawn-of-the-dead-show-with-dual+speed-zombies])

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, I'll certainly give it a chance, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. On the other hand I am eagerly awaiting the Walking Dead show. That's gonna be BADASS!

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Meh. I'd rather they leave it alone. George Romero is still cranking out movies, and we have the Walking Dead coming out anyway, so I don't really see the necessity of this.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Fuck you MTV. Jackass was funny, but it's over now; you can stop trying and fall into your proper place as a low-rate TV station.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Yesyesyesyesyesyes!!!

This had better happen.

And then, when it does, it had better come to the UK!

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Jaredin said:
Aura Guardian said:
Well this is bound to suck.
Yeah, which is a shame really for such an awesome film ><
maybe if it was on a different network it might have a chance. Or maybe they are just covering up that the might do a Zombieland TV series (Zombieland was originally going to be made in to a mini series on NBC I think), but with not the same name.

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
stop complaining about MTV sucking ass. They are simply showing what the majority wants, and that is real people acting like complete idiots. Jersey Shore is amazing TV, it will dumb you the f**k down if you watch it long enough.The only reason why MTV will even consider airing this show is if it has a "reality" show feel to it, like one of us mentioned. Now that is bound to fail, but if they pull it off right it might be really good, like Dead Set, which was about a zombie breakout while they were filming Big Brother.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
Well, this could be interesting, could be done well, or it could be the worst thing EVER I MEAN LIKE WTF it could be shit but we can always pray.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Er...well I guess it COULD be good, but I'm not wetting my pants in anticipation. Personally I think it would be better as a mini-series, like Dead Set (which was fucking awesome) otherwise I think it'll wear out it's welcome like Heroes/Lost did.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
The Good: It's Dawn of the Dead.
The Bad: It's MTV.
The Verdict: ????
The Internet: Profit!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
AkJay said:
Fuck you MTV. Jackass was funny, but it's over now; you can stop trying and fall into your proper place as a low-rate TV station.
What he said...

The only way I'd ever watch this piece of crap, would be if they hired Max Brooks to advise or Direct...

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Wow, MTV jumps on the zombie bandwagon about a year too late. This reminds me of Comedy Central's attempt to cash in on the WoW crowd...
<youtube=OwtHymt5l1Q>

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I'll judge it when I see it. If its good then I'll watch it. And if it sucks then I won't and I'll go watch Survivorman instead.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
Wow, MTV jumps on the zombie bandwagon about a year too late. This reminds me of Comedy Central's attempt to cash in on the WoW crowd...
<youtube=OwtHymt5l1Q>
I liked that show

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
At first I was excited about this, since I think that the idea of a Dawn of the Dead series would be intriguing...then I remembered that MTV is going to be the ones making this.

*sigh*