Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
DON'T add any new races or classes and just plain bring us new content and new storylines in the next expansion. What about that Blizzard!?
So you want them to completely ignore everything that the community has been begging for?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Du Jour Jaricho said:
AndyFromMonday said:
DON'T add any new races or classes and just plain bring us new content and new storylines in the next expansion. What about that Blizzard!?
So you want them to completely ignore everything that the community has been begging for?
Pretty much yeah. Sometimes it's best not to listen to the comunity. New content with epic storyline > New Race and Class.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
NekoiHiokans said:
*sigh* Do really need more WoW??? And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
They're more like werewolves than furries...

Also, I want to see a quest about a blue hedgehog critter who's been afflicted with the Worgen curse in this expansion. Perhaps you save him...perhaps you put him down (which I think would still be saving him at this point =P).

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
And still no Pandaren.

And yes, a joke race of pandas is the only thing that would make me consider playing WoW.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
D.C. said:
theultimateend said:
But alas, one thing I may not see till a Warhammer 40k game is made is a universe where its not just Red Vs. Blue. Though for a RVB game it is at least playable :p.
As much as i'd love to see a WH40k MMO game i have extreme doubts, as most game developers that get the Warhammer label tend to Mess it up, only the Original Dawn of War series (Ignoring Solstice) got any good welcoming embraces from the gaming community.

Warhammer seems to be a cursed label when it comes to making games.

But We can dream and that Game we dream of if it ever did turn up in reality might be the game to break my MMORPG chastity.

EDIT: OT wow even more WoW expansions.. who ever indeed did see that coming /sarcasm

Well at Least Blizzard support their fans.
Well they've had 2 expansions and something like 19 content updates. They are basically the reverse of the Sims model.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
i love the original speculation, it sounded ridiculously awesome.

accualy, i think werewolves(i am not calling them worgens.) are accualy a good idea for a playabe race that they should have used, either that or an ability for one of the classes.
why did he/she say the part about people whining that the alliance would get furries? i don't think werewolves are the sort of thing they be into,maybe real wolves, but i think mostly they do the cutesy animals, lke squrills.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
NekoiHiokans said:
And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
Reported for hate speech.

Blizzard needs to slow down all these expansions and actually let people GET INTO the game.
Let's talk, you and me.
Once upon a time, a ZP (DMC, I believe), to represent difficulty levels, used pictures of, in sequence, a housecat, a tiger, and a furry.
You commented on that last one with what amounted to a nasty glare and a "Just what are you implying?!"
And now this.
The first one? A joke. People of every ethnicity and sexual preference are insulted by Yahtzee.
This one? Not hate. He stated a fact: the general wow populace most likely does not desire an influx of furries. Notice how there was no insult in his statement.
Judging by your mannerisms, avatar, and username, I believe it safe to assume that you are a furry yourself (I'd be less obvious; being blatant here is like dangling your balls over a crocodile pit; can't be surprised when one has a go).
Seriously? Lighten up, grow a thicker skin, or leave. Heat, kitchen, etc.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
bah, damn blizz, now if this is true Im going to have to change my name, gahh

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
AceDiamond said:
And still no Pandaren.

And yes, a joke race of pandas is the only thing that would make me consider playing WoW.
who do you think is going to run the neutral city?

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
NekoiHiokans said:
And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
Reported for hate speech.

Blizzard needs to slow down all these expansions and actually let people GET INTO the game.
Please point out to me on how this is hate speech?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
It is my hope that no Dalaran wizard seeks out the Worgen, even if done in light conscious. For no pact may be struck, no secrets may be learned, no good can come from these beasts. They are best left to their world. For if found in ours and not destroyed, our peril will be dire...
I'm going to go bludgeon someone now, and if that doesn't work I'm going to take a clown hostage.
Make it a mime and people will cheer!

I had figured the goblins were gonna become playable in time, I just hoped they would be a third faction, where you could over time win loyalty to either Alliance or Horde, or just stay Neutral and play the odds....fence. But if they do go horde it's all good; I like horde, and goblins make better gadgets than gnomes do. I never felt safe in Tinkertown, or in the Tram.
Wonder if Worgen will be able to eat corpses for health as Forsaken do? The writers at Blizz have their work cut out for them to explain Alliance accepting lycans into their fold. Though it will probably be as shaky a deal as Horde has with the Blood Elves.

..dammit, I am gonna want to play again if this comes about...I like werewolves.
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
The following are Norwegian products but they're laughable anyway

Omo (washing powder for your washing machine. Add an H and it gets rather colorful...)

Jiff (dishwashing cleaning agent - it's pronounced with the "J" sound of "yes" and "if", if you add "t" into it you spell "poison" in Norwegian and it pronounces like "yiff" which would make furries like me laugh more at it)

Mr. Muscle (generic toilet clip-on cleaner. The commercial is even more stupid)
Yes, Cid Silverwing is a Furry.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
Michael_McCloud said:
I don't really see the big deal about the worgen. Seriously, you're complaining about furries just now coming to WoW after the horde has had native american cows on their side since day one?

Either way, I finally have a reason to go alliance. Yay, anthropomorphics!
My thoughts exactly. Anthropomorphics make great fantasy characters due to our instinct to assign behavior characteristics to animals. The sly fox, the smart owl and so own. It creates a certain emotional background. This is why you see so many parables with animals.

Also, giving the horde a 'short' race would be cool.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Delmar Wynn said:
unacomn said:
Great, furries. Now everyone from Second Life will join the alliance.
I fail to see why this is a problem? Alliance and Furries seems like a perfectly normal course of action. And honestly I would prefer that everyone from Second Life join the Alliance instead of the Horde. That way we can slaughter all of them and take fluffy tails as trophies.
Here here!!

OT: I dont think they need new races. But if they were to add new ones, couldnt we get something cooler? Like dragon-people, orrrr Dune kitties?

velcthulhu

Feb 14, 2009
Werewolves are cool. They were cool before "furry" took on its current meaning, and they are still cool now.
Although the girl werewolf having eyeshadow is creepy.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I found this to be hilarious. Alliance were already perverted douchebags to begin with. Now they can just drop all the pretenses and druids will have something else to hump besides other druids.

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
This has only been in discussion since it was shown on MMOChampion. You're continuing a very useless argument that you are just now either apparently deciding to show, or have just now gotten to reporting on it. While Goblins make slight sense as to joining the Horde, Worgen in the Alliance do not. The Alliance is full of prejudice, and tradition. If you haven't noticed, they have a very easy to anger king at the head of the humans, who also happens to front most of the Alliance diplomacy.

Worgen come in two breeds as far as I know, human based ones who transform, and those who are, and always have been in the form of a worgen. How would they tie this in? The Draeni was enough of a stretch, do you honestly believe that they would go and try to justify the addition of the Worgen? It would be pretty outrageous.

To the masks themselves, they added a few more. Could be them just covering it up, considering the new mask were lower quality textures. Halloween was due for some tune up in the mask system, so that could also be just as justified.

On another note of Goblins. Goblins in the Warcraft universe are businessmen, masters of engineering of anything with a boom, and very crafty. They don't really pick sides, Goblins have been neutral, helping those would do so for a price most times.

Some people need to stop treating this article like it has much real relevance to the game, especially about an unannounced expansion pack.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
This wouldn't be the first time they added content to the patch files that was actually deliberately misleading.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
Are so many people that narrow minded that seeing a werewolf in WoW and those who may want to play them automatically labeled a furry lover? I mean, unless you label anyone playing a Tauren a furry lover too, then damn, get off your Alliance-hating high horse and go play a game where idiots are welcome and not laughed at for being such, cause if you play Tauren and are gonna rag on the Worgen, news flash: you're playing a damn two-legged BULL/COW.

Personally, more races means more diversion, it'll be nice to see more than 20 dozen night elves and humans running around in Stormwind all day long - yes I play Alliance, you gonna say something on that and prove how stupid you are for automatically assuming Alliance sucks? Cause I can name numerous Horde experiences which prove it doesn't matter which side you play, people suck on both.

Anyway, aside from my mini-rant on this whole thing, bring it on, I'm looking forward to a new expansion.