Rumor: PS3 Version of Mass Effect 2 Includes DLC, New Mission [UPDATED]

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Also included is an interactive comic which is either called "Dark Horse," or by Dark Horse...
BY Dark Horse, don't you people have Google?

mjc0961 said:
Wow. Really? We're going to call Microsoft douchebags because they won't let Sony have a game they published on the PS3? I mean, damn, how can Microsoft be so greedy when Sony and Nintendo love to share? I mean, right now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my PS3, and then I was going to go play some Uncharted on my Wii.

[HEADING=1]Oh wait.[/HEADING]

Microsoft isn't being a douchebag, they're just doing what every other console maker does: not sharing the games they have publishing rights to with the competition. The real douchebags are people who think Microsoft is doing something outrageous by not handing out free copies of Mass Effect to PS3 owners. Maybe they should share some Gears of War and Halo while they're at it.
This man, don't listen to him. After all, the opinions on the website are fairly placed and not bias in any way.

[HEADING=1]Oh wait.[/HEADING]

Dark Sup3rn0va

Jul 14, 2009
I'm just going to mention that the PS3 is NOT getting an exclusive mission. They are only getting the DLC, (that the other two platforms have available), bundled with the disc.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Ahhh, awesome, I'm glad to hear this. This is why I haven't bought the DLC, in inticipation of them putting on the PS3 disc. Definitely getting this now.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Canid117 said:
Fanboy be trolling a bit.
not quite, it's just that xbox failed me too many times

I admit it's an excellent console with great support and great games.... it just doesnt last long, at least mine didnt

darkdots

Oct 8, 2010
Someone said they got stuff in Mass Effect that better than Play Boy, so my parents won't let me play it. idk, maybe one of my friends has it.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I think its safe to say I will definetly pick this up, maybe not straight away but after a while. If I pick it up straight away it might affect my exams at the end of january, but when thems over, I'll probably get this.

And I see alot of people complaining about not porting the first one as well on the thread. But even if they did, I'd still only buy this one. Sequels are usually better, and this one comes with enough extras (maybe anyway) that its probably worth the price of 2 games but I doubt it will be all that expensive.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
For the love of God people, READ THE ORIGINAL POST. THERE IS NO NEW DLC.

Also, the reason ME1 wont be gracing the PS3 is not because of Bioware, it's the same reason you wont see any of the current Halo games on the PS3 = Microsoft owns the rights to them.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
ImprovizoR said:
They should have just ported both games. Microsoft are a bunch of douchebags.
teh_Canape said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
I still don't get it why they can't just port the original Mass Effect over to the PS3, instead of creating entire new sections for Mass Effect 2 that the Xbox and PC players will miss out on
because of micro$oft's lil' whiny bitching

please refer to this article:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102878-Microsoft-Mass-Effect-Not-Ideal-On-PlayStation-3
fleacythesheep said:
That's really fucking stupid. Start with giving ps3 owners Mass Effect 1, then talk about super special awesome dlc.
They are a business. Why would Microsoft give one of their better exclusive titles to their biggest competitor, thereby increasing the chance that Mass Effect 3 wouldn't be bought for the Xbox 360?

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
So.... uh..... Bioware, how about some new DLC for Mass Effect 2? You were pumping them out or at least giving updates about what to expect at a pretty constant pace. Now there is barely a trickle of information.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
teutonicman said:
So.... uh..... Bioware, how about some new DLC for Mass Effect 2? You were pumping them out or at least giving updates about what to expect at a pretty constant pace. Now there is barely a trickle of information.
It was my understanding that the Shadow Broker DLC was the last ME2 DLC. Do you really want another random weapon pack or pointless change of clothes?
and of course there is limited ME info right now seeing as Bioware is busy preparing for Dragon Age 2's release in the spring.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
teutonicman said:
It was my understanding that the Shadow Broker DLC was the last ME2 DLC. Do you really want another random weapon pack or pointless change of clothes?
and of course there is limited ME info right now seeing as Bioware is busy preparing for Dragon Age 2's release in the spring.
No I don't really one of those bullshit weapon packs, however I didn't hear the rumor that Shadow Broker was the last one. If that's the case it would be a shame.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
McNinja said:
If you actually read the post in the forums, it has been edited to say that the DLC is not actually "new" or "exclusive." It just says that the DLC that all 360 and PC owners had to pay for will be on the PS3 version for free.
So it's basically like a Game of the Year edition, right? So why all the moaning that a year-old rerelease includes all the DLC available for it?

As a recent BioWare convert thanks to Dragon Age, I'm looking forward to ME2 on the PS3. While I'm sure I'll miss out not playing ME1, the 360 doesn't have any other exclusives that appeal to me to justify picking one up, and I can't really afford the time and money to rig my PC for gaming.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I'm just wondering how long this comic will be. It better not be a five minute "LOLREAPERS AND SHIT NOW MAKE A FUCKING DECISION" but a proper portrayal of the ME1s story to set the scene for ME2.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Falseprophet said:
McNinja said:
If you actually read the post in the forums, it has been edited to say that the DLC is not actually "new" or "exclusive." It just says that the DLC that all 360 and PC owners had to pay for will be on the PS3 version for free.
So it's basically like a Game of the Year edition, right? So why all the moaning that a year-old rerelease includes all the DLC available for it?

As a recent BioWare convert thanks to Dragon Age, I'm looking forward to ME2 on the PS3. While I'm sure I'll miss out not playing ME1, the 360 doesn't have any other exclusives that appeal to me to justify picking one up, and I can't really afford the time and money to rig my PC for gaming.
Basically, yes. But there is still more DLC to be released for Mass Effect 2, so it's not all of the DLC ever, which isn't a GOTY, it's just a bundled package.